Never seen this level of League Complains.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
However, GGG has gone too far toward the starvation side which is not desired for most and certainly not good for GGG's bottom line. Happy players are more likely to spring for mtx than unhappy players. (example... this is the 2nd Super Stash Tab sale that I am not buying even though my hoarding behavior is maxing out my standard stash).

And that's what's the funniest thing in this whole situation. When there is no loot, no maps and no currency, there is no reason to buy any additional stash tab. My good friend, which is masochistic enough to still fiddle with pokemon league now regrets the purchase of map stash, as in current state of the league, he can handle perfectly without that stash. And half of his loot stashes are just empty, as there is nothing to fill them. All garbage is immediately vendored for alchs and other orbs. In such circumstances GGG can sell stash tabs for 1$ and still nobody will buy it. Even in standard, where another tabs are unnecessary too as only thing you have to do is some management and garbage vendoring. I’m really curious, what will they do with this mess :)
It's definitely about accumulation of issues, rather than the league itself. There've been dumber leagues.
It's likely the combination of dull and poorly implemented league mechanics, drop nerfs unseen in years, questionable balance decisions, various tech issues.

I'll also tickle a bit what Arrowneous mentioned about the "new" gamers.
The "old" PoE player base was very, very patient. Players excused too many issues for too long. Maybe because these people were older, or old school, or smarter, or whatever. Can't tell.
But they played for years in desync, with scarce drops of currency, items and maps. No matter how deeply they disliked it, or even hated it, most of them stayed on board and kept supporting the game.

In a difference, the "new" PoE player base is unforgiving. They truly want more and want it now. And when they don't have their fix, the way the wanted it, they become overly cruel.

I think that GGG got used to their old player base and keep on doing things their way, but if you ask me - it's no more. Or at least not without consequences.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 19, 2018, 12:13:23 PM
Ikr so many people crying. They need ggg to babysit them
Meta = cattle

-ty men
I just started playing PoE about 3 weeks or so ago. I've been a long time, avid, Diablo player and I have to say that I'm kind of sad that I didn't get into PoE sooner. With that being said, and bringing my mostly unbiased opinion into this, I'll comment on the following:

Map Drops

I haven't had much problem keeping up with maps. I'm mainly running blue maps but I am clearing the whole map. I'm not "speeding" per se (although I do run pretty fast). I usually end up with 1 or two higher tier maps on most runs (at around 97 completed).

My biggest complaint was that when I decided to grind to 90, at 70% the Elder spawned and since it was my first time going at the Guardians (and not having a capped resist in Lightning), well, let's just say I'm fresh into 89, haha!

Alch Drops

I'm pretty much keeping up with my demand for these. I'm also not spam crafting things to try and make profit (I make enough off selling random drops that I get). Maybe once I get into doing something more elaborate with maps this might rear it's ugly head.

League mechanics

My first league so I can;t comment much here. I like the idea of capturing these creatures and using them to craft things. It's a neat twist. Haven't used it for more than making some level 21 gems because I just traded for the gear I needed.

The RNG fest

As I mentioned, long time Diablo player here so this doesn't bother me in the least.

bugged items

I haven't come across any that I can think of.

All in all I think this is a great game and I'm glad I started playing. My only problem is what to play since there's so many variables. I started with the Cyclone Slayer because it's the closest match to my WW Barb but I'm looking to branch out.
Last edited by tstryke on Mar 19, 2018, 12:48:54 PM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Silent? They've made numerous posts here and on reddit about the problems the league has and are working on fixing it.

You mean that last patch where they did everything except what people actually wanted?

Pretty much this, yeah. The entire map system is boring and unrewarding. I might as well play standard at this point.

Whats does the map system have to do with the league?
That's cause this league is objectively terrible and there was very little to no testing that went into it. They put themselves on a 3 month timer and rushed out an unfinished, boring league. It's no surprise everyone's complaining about it. Terrible nerfed drop rate for everything, stupid league net mechanic, crap rewards from beastcrafting, no zana 8 breach, duped items, list goes on and on. The only good thing about this patch was the ascendancy changes which is the only reason I'm still playing
"
Krayken wrote:

GGG ninja nerfed map and currency drops in bestiary. Just go play on a perm league for a few days and experience the difference.
"
I0wa wrote:
Ikr so many people crying. They need ggg to babysit them

So why are you here? I thought the PoE fanboys always posted on the Reddit PoE subforum. That is my understanding of why Chris posts there, for the accolades he gets. If I'm wrong let CHris post here directly to refute this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Well, tell the fuckers to make maps drop. WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE GAME.....content. NO MAPS, NOTHING TO FUCKING DO.
"
Krayken wrote:

Simple, if quantity of drops is equal or lower than permanent leagues and there are net drops then these net drops are supplanting the normal map (and orb) drop rates. Statistically we get fewer red maps in Bestiary than playing a standard league build so it's an easily observable cause and effect. I haven't run enough league maps yet to know if the "twice as likely to get an uncompleted map to drop as a completed map" has any real world effect on completing the Atlas. After all, twice zero is still zero, or more specifically twice a super low chance to drop is still statically insignificant low chance to drop.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info