[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Just asking... what's the use of the Sulphur flask?

Also, I have a 0.36s Casting Time for Blade Vortex and 1.32 Attack Time for Whirling Blade.
How would you go about lowering them? Simply getting attack/casting speed on rings/jewels?
"
Songweaver wrote:

But, in the end, as we see, it isn't mandatory, it's just too good not to use.
But, build will function with just Herald of Ice chain freeze/shatter.

Here's my Incursion gear, now retired in standard. No Inpulsa. Mediocre stuff.
Cleared everything with ease, had no issues with pack clear, even with guardian maps. Only thing that the build could not do, is Uber Elder.
Spoiler

In the end, build will function properly without Inpulsa, and I think it's a good thing to mention, especially for new people who do not know how to generate currency to be able to afford Inpulsa this early in the league.

Fool, maybe, I am well aware of that, but I kinda don't want to use it. Be it good choice, or bad choice, it's mine to make I'd say. :)

I neither wanted to question your setup nor your decision to use it. Whatever floats your boat. I am just saying you could have made it easier on yourself.

I respect your noble cause to inform newer players using Blade Vortex is possible without Inpulsa. Blade Vortex is a very good skill on it's own and it almost doesn't matter what you use in conjunction with it. As an example, 4 out of the top 10 players right now on the SSF Delve ladder are using BV. Non of them is using Inpulsa, but I guarantee you, at lest the elementalists wished they could. While I accept Inpulsa is not needed to make Blade Vortex work, I would say it is the central piece of gear for this build. I would not go that far and say it works properly without it.

In some sense you could compare Inpulsa to Queen of the Forest. Neither are required to make most of the builds they are used in work. Nevertheless the difference when using them is like night and day and so, many builds consider them as de facto mandatory. Removing the chest piece from those builds feels like ripping the heart out of them.

That is why I really think that the first big purchase anyone should make when following this build is Inplusa. It is easy to get lost in all the elder rings, shaper stat sticks, damage conversion, herald setups and what not. Most of the comments here show uncertainty in what makes the build work properly. Pointing those who can't seem to get the build to work towards Inpulsa is the easiest way to show them how much fun this build is. Inpulsa may not be build enabling but it is build defining.

Let's take a look at another item this build uses: Hrimsorrow Gloves. You could say they are not mandatory for the build as you can fully convert your physical damage via multiple other combinations of gear, gems and jewels. The gloves are easily going to be the weakest piece of gear in almost any setup. Should you go out of your way to replace them though? I don't think so. The cost of the item - not only in the form of currency but also in how you fit something into a build - is a small price to pay for the amount of convenience it brings. The same is true for Inpulsa.

In the end it is of course up you what gear you want to use. But be advised, if you don't use Inpulsa, you are missing out on one of the best items in the game while it is on an unreasonably high point of power in one of the best builds the game has to offer right now. It is worth any amount of currency you spend on it.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Sep 6, 2018, 7:48:24 PM
yeah, inpulsa...indeed, thanks for your comments! it was a pleasure to read..
worst roll inpulsa price = 2 exalts, well if i buy i still have to link it to minimum of 5, that will take time unless lucky for drop. :(

Hi guys, what should i improve to being ready for uber elder?
Im going to be trying this on standard and i have access to a phys to light double legacy vinktar and a double legacy pen vinktar, which one should i use, and if i use the conversion should i still use the phys to light gem?

also wondering if anyone has an updated skill tree, i know very few tree nodes changed but still, trying to build a character to take on endgame and get all the orbs so wanna make sure i have everything right lol

sorry for the noob questions =P
Last edited by gm08872 on Sep 6, 2018, 9:31:30 PM
why aren ppl using brightbeak anymore?

It feels the same to me.
Hoping someone can help me with a question - am I reading this right in that Herald of Thunder shouldn't be activated? It should just be left to trigger from curse on hit? I missed that comment originally and have been running all three heralds actively through the acts...is there any reason NOT to have it active, other than freeing up mana for MOM?

At the moment my survivability seems OK (just starting mapping) so don't feel like there's any need to leave it to Curse On Hit. Character should be public if that's required!

Thanks.
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Glyph Thirst
Fiend Dagger
--------
Dagger
Physical Damage: 22-87
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
Weapon Range: 8
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Dex: 58
Int: 123
--------
Sockets: B-G R
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
Adds 23 to 40 Cold Damage to Spells
Gain 26% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 12% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
+13 to Accuracy Rating
Damage Penetrates 7% Elemental Resistances
35% increased Damage with Poison
--------
Shaper Item
--------
Note: ~price 3.5 exa

I really should know if "Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" helps to this build. Thanks for the guide, having a wonderful time with my little friend here;

Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Inpulsa's Broken Heart
Sadist Garb
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 512 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 106 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 46
Dex: 151
Int: 109
--------
Sockets: G-B-B-G-B-B
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
+77 to maximum Life
27% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
38% increased Effect of Shock
Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 7% of
their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock
Unaffected by Shock
--------
Don't hesitate; bring death to all, conclusively and swiftly,
or they will give you the same treatment.

edit: apparently I don't know how to link items lol, you got the idea though.
Last edited by suix0n on Sep 6, 2018, 10:58:36 PM
Spoiler

What do I need to change to pass t13-16 maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info