[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
BeneTleilax wrote:

please open your profile...in your pastebin I saw too many gems:)

Too many gems? What?
You've got a 6 link Blade Vortex.
You've got CWDT- Immortal Call - Warlords Mark.
You've got Vaal Grace - Inc Duration - Phase Run - Vaal Clarity.
You've got Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Warlord Mark - Herald of Ash.
You've got Herald of Ice - Ice bite - Innervate - Lightning Golem.
You've got Decoy Totem - Flame Dash - Herald of Purity.

One Six Link, Three 4 links and Two 3 links. Too many gems..?
If you're referring to many links, not all of the skills are checked as active, it was a testing purpose of seeing which supports I want, and which I don't.
7 link Blade Vortex, is due to Ashrend, whoever says Inpulsa is mandatory, is a fool. Herald of Ice can clear entire screen perfectly fine on itself.
I use Ashrend for it's 32% of phys as extra fire.
Why..? Because I've no issue with survivability, via double warlord mark setup, and nearly constant uptime on 75% dodge and spell dodge.
And Inpulsa's wreck my FPS. Had no issue with Herald of Ice only in Incursion, and there will definitely be no issue this time around either.
Sure, Inpulsa's IS good, REAL GOOD, but it's definitely not mandatory, from my own experience, I've had no issue in chain freezing and shattering the screen with only Herald of Ice, the only thing I did not manage to do, is Uber Elder.

If you're referring to gems being split in more groups, if you pay attention, they are split into groups of 2 links, same, for testing purposes.
What I wrote above is usual setup, requires a 6 link (chest), 3 four links (boots, gloves, head) and 2 three links (weapon and shield/weapon).

Soooo...what was that about too many gems...?
Last edited by Songweaver on Sep 6, 2018, 9:23:26 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Might let you move faster, but I really like to have fortify when I jump into a pack to kill it off :)

You trade the fortify dmg reduction for a 80% reduced visibility to enemies, which make mobs (even boss) just derping while you are in their melee range. And you add to this the phasing, and the fluidity of a runing movement.

On top of this, Phase run benefit from duration nodes in the tree we are taking. It's even possible to perma phase run like this, which it make an extremly safe setup. And on top of that, we don't have to face the cast action that make us drop phase run like before, thanks to the instant cast introduced in 3.4. With only Potency of will wheel to buff the duration of our skill, a full 20/20 gem setup for Phase Run provide a 3.94sec duration for a cooldown of 4s. So basicaly we have only a 0.06sec downtime. It's practicaly a perma skill.

That's why I was realy curious about people not saying a word about phase run with this build.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 6, 2018, 9:52:59 AM
Is %GAIN % OF ELEMENTAL DAMAGE AS EXTRA CHAOS DMG% for this build even a thing?
"
Songweaver wrote:

[...]

7 link Blade Vortex, is due to Ashrend, whoever says Inpulsa is mandatory, is a fool. Herald of Ice can clear entire screen perfectly fine on itself.
I use Ashrend for it's 32% of phys as extra fire.
Why..? Because I've no issue with survivability, via double warlord mark setup, and nearly constant uptime on 75% dodge and spell dodge.
And Inpulsa's wreck my FPS. Had no issue with Herald of Ice only in Incursion, and there will definitely be no issue this time around either.
Sure, Inpulsa's IS good, REAL GOOD, but it's definitely not mandatory, from my own experience, I've had no issue in chain freezing and shattering the screen with only Herald of Ice, the only thing I did not manage to do, is Uber Elder.

[...]

Saying Inpulsa isn't mandatory is like saying a race car doesn't need 4 wheels to win a grand prix. Technically you are correct, but be aware you are making it harder on yoursef than it needs to be. You can try to come up with different clearing setups that come close to Inpulsa but very few will come close to it, let alone be better. Yes other setups for clearing packs work, but why even bother?

Inpulsa is just too good not to use! Every stat on it is good. The interaction between Beacon of Ruin and Inpulsa is simply broken. The clear speed it provides can hardly be beaten by anything else in the game. There is a reason Inpulsa was the second most used armor in Incursion, only behind Loreweave. Maybe you found a setup that fits your needs (only further proves how customizable this build is), but for the majority of players Inpulsa is the way to go.

This build was the second most played build in Incursion and is on the best way to be the most played build in Delve (it is awsome in delves). It is only a matter of time until GGG decides it is enough and drops the nerf hammer on it. Play with Inpulsa as long as you can, because: why shouldn't you?!

Use Inpulsa! No offense, but you would be a fool if you didn't. ;)
Not sure what to upgrade next. thinking a stat stick off hand?
"
Monti_Jones wrote:

Saying Inpulsa isn't mandatory is like saying a race car doesn't need 4 wheels to win a grand prix. Technically you are correct, but be aware you are making it harder on yoursef than it needs to be. You can try to come up with different clearing setups that come close to Inpulsa but very few will come close to it, let alone be better. Yes other setups for clearing packs work, but why even bother?

Inpulsa is just too good not to use! Every stat on it is good. The interaction between Beacon of Ruin and Inpulsa is simply broken. The clear speed it provides can hardly be beaten by anything else in the game. There is a reason Inpulsa was the second most used armor in Incursion, only behind Loreweave. Maybe you found a setup that fits your needs (only further proves how customizable this build is), but for the majority of players Inpulsa is the way to go.

This build was the second most played build in Incursion and is on the best way to be the most played build in Delve (it is awsome in delves). It is only a matter of time until GGG decides it is enough and drops the nerf hammer on it. Play with Inpulsa as long as you can, because: why shouldn't you?!

Use Inpulsa! No offense, but you would be a fool if you didn't. ;)

But, in the end, as we see, it isn't mandatory, it's just too good not to use.
But, build will function with just Herald of Ice chain freeze/shatter.

Here's my Incursion gear, now retired in standard. No Inpulsa. Mediocre stuff.
Cleared everything with ease, had no issues with pack clear, even with guardian maps. Only thing that the build could not do, is Uber Elder.
Spoiler

In the end, build will function properly without Inpulsa, and I think it's a good thing to mention, especially for new people who do not know how to generate currency to be able to afford Inpulsa this early in the league.

Fool, maybe, I am well aware of that, but I kinda don't want to use it. Be it good choice, or bad choice, it's mine to make I'd say. :)
Last edited by Songweaver on Sep 6, 2018, 3:28:45 PM
"
Songweaver wrote:
[
[...]
Here's my Incursion gear, now retired in standard. No Inpulsa. Mediocre stuff.
Cleared everything with ease, had no issues with pack clear, even with guardian maps. Only thing that the build could not do, is Uber Elder.

[...]

In the end, build will function properly without Inpulsa, and I think it's a good thing to mention, especially for new people who do not know how to generate currency to be able to afford Inpulsa this early in the league.

Fool, maybe, I am well aware of that, but I kinda don't want to use it. Be it good choice, or bad choice, it's mine to make I'd say. :)

Surely you know that gear is not just mediocre. And Carcass Jack, one of the lesser "Inpulsa's" of 2.x and before, is still a good pick. Yes, I know, AoE nerf, but it's still a nice QoL allround choice for a build like this.

That Sceptre you have there is doing you great favours, and that amulet is top tier too if you ask me. Those completely negated the need for Inpulsa's damage boost and the added AoE would probably indeed clear a TON with HoIce. I was kind of surprised that there was no lvl 22 HoI Shaper ring in there, but you probably took care of it through supports.

I do wonder now, why didn't this gear setup do Uber Elder. Did you try and fail?
any gear upgrade suggestions?
Last edited by Spoonluda on Sep 6, 2018, 4:17:56 PM
How do you get to use BV so early, if its requirement is high for dexterity? With jewelry?
Just dropping in to say I LOVE your build!!

Been having great succes in Delve so far. This is my first time ever trying the new Elementalist Ascendancy and Blade Vortex. Made some little tweaks to give me better AOE clear to suit my own personal preferences.

Here's the gear so far. No 6L Inpulsa yet...

Delve is an absolute blast with this build with the insane pack density.

If you guys have any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone actually tried the new Herald of Purity for this build? Seems to me like it would be just mediocre at best cuz of the low 30% added dmg effectiveness of Blade Vortex. Esh's Mirror on the other hand.....boy that thing is stupid in Delves. It just doubles my BV dmg lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info