[3.2] Chain-Prolif Elementalist (A new way to play ignite) HC endgame viable

Interesting build. Have you thought about using Maligaro's Restraint? Inpulsa makes you not being effected by shocks, but not immune. And with beacon of ruin the reflected shock from the belt will prolif around you. You would pretty much have a shock aura around you. Don't know if you need it.
I don't understand how the shock travels with the explosion? Does stormfire somehow override inpulsas cannot shock? If so that seems like a bug.

I thought you would need to get some freeze and add HoI to get the shock to travel.
Does this work with Trickster? Trickster has a lot of DOT damage increase. I guess I will not have prolif for trickster ! How about Inquisitor ?
Has anybody tried this build on high tier bosses without adds? I feel like it lacks single target dps.
Can you post a rough VFB tree version? I'm assuming drop all the aoe dmg?
@tortunga maligaros restraint is not needed and you lose life = bad.

@seriousbob no the prolif has bigger radius than inpulsa so shock is on the mobs before inpulsa's triggers and kills them. map density is very important for that

@thinhnham2806 trickster doesnt work you need elementalist for global prolif.

@barthespd single target on high maps is fine, not crazy without adds tho. depends a lot on your gear and level. you get to like 300k initial hit with 100k ignite, so bosses still die in 5-10 seconds depending on mapmods in t15. didnt try guardians wouldnt advice to do it either, except you are softcore and dont mind dying and taking your time or using a worm flask.

@Fisecs i didnt try the VFB myself onew did so he might have a tree
This is actually a clever concept, gotta say. This is kind of like the autobomber but more active... I will try some things with it, I already have some ideas.
Nice build, I've made one utilising the same mechanics, one question though.

Are you sure Elemental Focus works on Herald of Ash?
According to HoA's description, it wouldn't increase the damage.

It might be supporting it (increasing mana reservation), though that doesn't necessarily mean it works.

Swift Affliction could be an alternative in that case.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 4, 2018, 5:13:12 PM
Updated t11 underground sea with Lightpoacher and VFB: https://youtu.be/7j0LVDEOWPQ
after getting the mandatory flat ele abyss jewels, is it better to scale with more flat on jewels or get regular jewels that would have percent burning damage/fire damage/life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info