[3.2] Chain-Prolif Elementalist (A new way to play ignite) HC endgame viable

Question about the herald setup. Why elemental focus? Isnt herald supposed to ignite stuff?
"
Krossis wrote:
Question about the herald setup. Why elemental focus? Isnt herald supposed to ignite stuff?
I have same question.
Also i want to ask about Dynamo and Righteous Decree nodes. Why we have to lower our mana cost? I didn't understand reason for that.
How are you reliably shocking enemies for inpulsa’s to trigger? Are you just using the shock chance from innervate and ascendency? Or is there anything else that I am missing?
Last edited by lordfiend on May 21, 2018, 6:53:57 PM
New incinerate and ignite support gems can carry this build to top tier, what do you think about that ?
"
Krossis wrote:

Herald of Ash hasn't invoked Ignite in a long, long time. It now inflicts a stacking burn effect (ignites can't stack), which doesn't count as an ailment, it's just pure burning damage.
Just a question with the new patch note on 3.3.0.

"
Stormfire: The "increased Burning Damage for each Enemy you have Shocked Recently" mod now only applies to enemies that were not already shocked. The description has been updated to clarify this.

Ok so a bit less bonuses from the ring but it's OK I guess as we only apply shock once on basic ennemies as they die fast.

"
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

This is a nerf no ?
As Herald of Ash does not inflict Ignite, the bonus damage from the axe does not apply ? Or we don't care because Stormfire applies Ignite ?
I don't fully get it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the build ! I'll start the new league with it. It should be great to clear Incursions !
Last edited by maximewoody on May 30, 2018, 1:35:19 AM
"
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

This is a nerf no ?
As Herald of Ash does not inflict Ignite, the bonus damage from the axe does not apply ? Or we don't care because Stormfire applies Ignite ?
I don't fully get it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the build ! I'll start the new league with it. It should be great to clear Incursions !

As far as I understand, this is a pretty big nerf. You go from 100% MORE damage to 100% increased damage which you could just get on a Doryanis Catalyst, or a good rare sceptre. And it also wont apply to HoA because it doesn't ignite, it just applies burning.

So maybe Dyadus is not best for this build anymore, but maybe the new Flameblast will carry us regardless! We'll have to test! :D
Last edited by Ravisandesu on May 30, 2018, 7:33:12 AM
I'm really looking forward to playing a self-cast flameblast build in 3.3. Will this build be viable in it? Or should I try some other build? The only potential one I found was this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025472, but I'm not sure if it will be good either.
Okay you don't need a decent weapon for mapping. Just go brightbeak for faster shield charge. And I'm also using fireball GMP for clearing, it's ridiculously fast.
Love the build, everything unlocks as soon as you get your Inpulsa.

Thanks for posting it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info