[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
grimchip wrote:

Hey, what do you thing about Herald of Purity + War Banner?

War banner buffs the player and his allies, so that should work on HoP minions. I was thinking of replacing Blasphemy-Flammability with WB+HoP. With ECoMS and ignites from Herald of ash wed should be able to get enough ECs. (edit:) We can also replace Slower Projectile with Fire pen (and fire pen with melee splash for mapping)

What do you think?

I'm confused. We don't need anything war banner gives? We don't need accuracy and increased physical damage taken is also useless for us.

Are you talking about solely buffing the HOP minions? that seems extremely inefficient to me as they do very little damage and are mostly there to distract enemies off us.

Also i thought we agreed a while back that HoP+HoA+arctic armour was the super setup to using flammability.

please seriously consider ryslatha's coil btw. It's a gigantic dps upgrade. even top tier stygian vises can't match it.

EDIT: warbanner is only 10% mana reservation and gives us adrenaline when we pop it. The adrenaline buff is very very nice. i think that could work if you wanted, 10% mana reservation for on demand adrenaline is pretty cool, it's cutting it close though with how much spare mana we have.

I'm going to test it to see how it feels.

just tested Every 50 kills you can get about ~4 seconds of adrenaline with increased duration support on the banner. It's not bad at all. Personally I think 4 seconds of adrenaline is not worth such a tight mana restraint. But It's certainly a viable option.
Last edited by grimchip on Dec 17, 2018, 11:51:05 PM
Nice build! thx for sharing!
uber elder down! easy!
video:
https://youtu.be/JfhZ953LE3s
"
grimchip wrote:

just tested Every 50 kills you can get about ~4 seconds of adrenaline with increased duration support on the banner. It's not bad at all. Personally I think 4 seconds of adrenaline is not worth such a tight mana restraint. But It's certainly a viable option.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

About Ryslatha's Coil:

On my PoB, I have 164 min phys dmg and 276 max phys dmg which is about 220 average. With Ryslatha's (40% more, 30% less), min becomes 111 (159*0.7) and max becomes 399 (285*1.4), so average is 255 => that's about 15% more base damage.

However, PoB Projectile dmg foes from 783k to 680k when replacing stygian vise + abyss jewel with Ryslatha's Coil. so Ryslatha's Coil dps should be 680k * 1.15 = 782k.

As you can see, the best rolled Ryslatha's Coil gives about the same damage as a very good stygian vise + abyss jewel, but less life.

Considering how cheap it is, it is a very solid choice. We can also corrupt it for more life and attack speed.
"
fjtheknight wrote:

About Ryslatha's Coil:

On my PoB, I have 164 min phys dmg and 276 max phys dmg which is about 220 average. With Ryslatha's (40% more, 30% less), min becomes 111 (159*0.7) and max becomes 399 (285*1.4), so average is 255 => that's about 15% more base damage.

However, PoB Projectile dmg foes from 783k to 680k when replacing stygian vise + abyss jewel with Ryslatha's Coil. so Ryslatha's Coil dps should be 680k * 1.15 = 782k.

As you can see, the best rolled Ryslatha's Coil gives about the same damage as a very good stygian vise + abyss jewel, but less life.

Considering how cheap it is, it is a very solid choice. We can also corrupt it for more life and attack speed.

yeah I'm seeing the same thing, even with added phys taken into account it still hovers around 15% more damage. I was seeing a much bigger dps increase with worse gear, but that may have been due to volatile sources of added phys from early gear and the added phys from the belt being worth more.

either way, even if it's only ~15% and another 4-5% from the added phys that's still a ~20% more multiplier that you can get at level 32 for 1-10c. While a bare bones stygian vise with jewel that provides a 13% damage increase will cost upwards of 3ex early in the league and 2ex mid league.

Also as you said belts have some very nice corrupts. The 12% attack speed during flask effect seems very good, especially for clear.

You gotta keep in mind too this is a league based game. Using ryslatha's and getting all your other upgrades 2-3ex earlier or having the dps of an endgame stygian and very nice life roll right at the start of the league is a massive buff to this build.

edit: right now, a belt that gives me a ~13% total damage increase (65% ele, 11-17 added phys from jewel) would cost me 1ex, 1.8ex if i want a life roll on the jewel and trying to get the damage any higher the cost just goes up to ridiculous levels for 2-3% more damage.

edit 2: I just looked at the belt you used for your calculations....cmon man. That belt and jewel are both insanely expensive, like 30ex+ for both of them minimum. There aren't any belts with those dps stats on the sc market right now.

I think ryslatha's is the obvious choice considering a realistically obtainable stygian vise doesn't come close to its damage and it has a very nice life roll and can be corrupted for even more damage.
Last edited by grimchip on Dec 19, 2018, 7:30:42 PM
"
grimchip wrote:

edit 2: I just looked at the belt you used for your calculations....cmon man. That belt and jewel are both insanely expensive, like 30ex+ for both of them minimum. There aren't any belts with those dps stats on the sc market right now.

I think ryslatha's is the obvious choice considering a realistically obtainable stygian vise doesn't come close to its damage and it has a very nice life roll and can be corrupted for even more damage.

Yes I already said that Ryslatha's is BIS in the "Update", though it has to be perfectly rolled. I just added a PoB link with rare stygian vise for people who want to compare both setups. Thank you again for your feedback and suggestion!
Hey guys managed to craft this on Betrayal SC. Let me know if you are interested in buying it!
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Yes I already said that Ryslatha's is BIS in the "Update", though it has to be perfectly rolled. I just added a PoB link with rare stygian vise for people who want to compare both setups. Thank you again for your feedback and suggestion!

ah, did not see the update. I guess i got a little annoyed because you bothered trying to argue the value of a 10c belt vs a 30+ex belt that doesn't even exist. It felt like you were trying to mislead me a little bit as I naturally assumed it was an obtainable belt you were using to compare against mine when you referred to the stygian vise as "very good" vs the close to mirror tier quality it actually is.

again no biggie, we both want this build to perform well, so our goals are aligned.
Last edited by grimchip on Dec 19, 2018, 9:09:48 PM
"
grimchip wrote:
ah, did not see the update. I guess i got a little annoyed because you bothered trying to argue the value of a 10c belt vs a 30+ex belt that doesn't even exist. It felt like you were trying to mislead me a little bit as I naturally assumed it was an obtainable belt you were using to compare against mine when you referred to the stygian vise as "very good" vs the close to mirror tier quality it actually is.

again no biggie, we both want this build to perform well, so our goals are aligned.

Ah sorry about that, I was just checking if it could replace the rare stygian vise as BIS belt.
how does arakaali pantheon syngergize with nebuloch?
u get the 50% inc life rec only when u stop taking dmg over time. and u actually never stop taking dmg over time coz u get hit all the time anyway.
isnt solaris pantheon a better option then?
"
Freya98 wrote:
how does arakaali pantheon syngergize with nebuloch?
u get the 50% inc life rec only when u stop taking dmg over time. and u actually never stop taking dmg over time coz u get hit all the time anyway.
isnt solaris pantheon a better option then?

Are you talking about Arachnoxia? because with Arakaali we take 5% reduced Damage from Damage Over Time (like Nebuloch degen).

With the gear and tree I have, the only problem I still had was shock, so I decided to take Arakaali (especially for : 30% reduced Effect of Shock on you | 30% reduced Shock Duration on You)

Capturing Arachnoxia is really helpfull early when you don't have enouph regen, especially for lab. You just need to swap items, this will stop the edegen from Nebuloch, and you'll quickly regen your life after a trap...

Solaris is also inteeresting if you capture Jorus and Suncaller Asha, but you have to find a way to deal with shock (flask for example)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info