[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Steinaken wrote:
complete noob here (still havent made it to maps in HC), so apologies if im straight up wrong, but pretty sure you get more DPS from taking Duality over beserking on skill tree - you lose about .4 attacks per second but get more Damage Per Second (~4k total from hit + balls) just from swapping those three points
Not sure if that helps, but might be nicer for QoL :D

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion!

Dps would differ from a character to another according to their current gear. i also chose Berserking because Nebuloch is a little bit slow, so I preferred more attack speed over raw damage. This way, leap slam feels less tedious. You can take Duality if it fits your character :)
Howdy! Wanted to say thank you for the build, I'm having a blast right now in low-end maps, farming up for that second Nebuloch. <3

I do have a quick question, what would your opinion be on changing out Abyssus for The Formless Inferno? I know it's a large DPS loss, but I feel like that could exponentially increase our survival chances. (I'm a HC player).
Last edited by 40_Below_Summer on Sep 8, 2018, 10:46:35 PM
"
Howdy! Wanted to say thank you for the build, I'm having a blast right now in low-end maps, farming up for that second Nebuloch. <3

I do have a quick question, what would your opinion be on changing out Abyssus for The Formless Inferno? I know it's a large DPS loss, but I feel like that could exponentially increase our survival chances. (I'm a HC player).

That's a very good suggestion! Physical damage taken when hit will be halved (from 28% to 14% at 17K pdps/hit) and armour will be increased by about 50% (with 9 ECs, >50K). Damage loss is about 15% (without counting the enchant). You just need to adjust your resistances to fully benefit from The Wise Oak.
nevermind.
Last edited by liaamo on Sep 9, 2018, 5:47:50 AM
I've done some calculations and checked other build guides and it seems everyone is using Multistrike instead of Vicious Projects Support. Was there a reason why so many builds are using Multistrike and yours isn't?

I tried to do some calculations as well based on my characters damage:
1. Molten Strike + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Ancestral Call + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Multistrike = 138,000 per ball. With 7 balls, this will be 966,000 dps. Since Ancestral Call has 2 extra attacks and multistrike has another 2, that will be 5 (total) x 966,000 which is 4.8mil dps.

2. Molten Strike + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Ancestral Call + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Vicious Projectiles = 258,000 per ball. With 7 balls, this will be 1,806,000 dps. Since Ancestral Call has 2 extra attacks, that will be 3 (total) x 1,806,000 which is 5.4mil dps.

Am I doing some terrible calculations or missing something so simple..?

I'm just trying to understand why people use Multistrike.

Thanks for the build by the way - first time doing uber-elder and managed to kill it.
Hi

where does the mana leetch come from?

Cya
"
Wrinkly wrote:
I've done some calculations and checked other build guides and it seems everyone is using Multistrike instead of Vicious Projects Support. Was there a reason why so many builds are using Multistrike and yours isn't?

1. Molten Strike + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Ancestral Call + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Multistrike = 138,000 per ball. With 7 balls, this will be 966,000 dps. Since Ancestral Call has 2 extra attacks and multistrike has another 2, that will be 5 (total) x 966,000 which is 4.8mil dps.

2. Molten Strike + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Ancestral Call + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Vicious Projectiles = 258,000 per ball. With 7 balls, this will be 1,806,000 dps. Since Ancestral Call has 2 extra attacks, that will be 3 (total) x 1,806,000 which is 5.4mil dps.

Thanks for the build by the way - first time doing uber-elder and managed to kill it.

Multistrike is good for builds with high attack speed. Nebuloch is however a slow weapon, and I found that multisrike is not safe to use because it locks you in place for a long time.
"
WestSam wrote:
Hi

where does the mana leetch come from?

Cya

There is a "life and mana leech" node near Point Blank that you should take.
"
Wrinkly wrote:

Multistrike is a 37% more multiplier to the single target dps, while Vicious Projectiles is a 49% more multiplier for us. The benefit from Multistrike is the autotargetting, which rocks on Sunder, Ground Slam and similar skills, but doesnt do a lot for Molten Strike.

And on top of all of that, Multistrike locks you in place for a longer time, which can be dangerous.

Vicious Projectiles is just outright better for this build.
Any thoughts on going Consecrated Path instead of Molten Strike for general clearing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info