[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

I don't get how Elemental Focus works with this build. Doesn't it basically prevent shock from lightning tendrils/arc?
"
zincfe wrote:
Killed my first T12 Elder with that build 3 deth but my fault ( mistakes ) it was cool and easy dmg was great ..about guardians got only problem with one ( that one with light skills :D he is to much op lol ) btw i am no used to fight with elder it was my 4 times when fight with him

can u check my profile to see what i can change in my items ? ( i think i lack of mana ) and about volitade skill - Testing atm :D

The Elder fight can be a bit messy with the grey attacks on the grey background, took me a while to get used to it.
Checked your profile and you have pretty good items. Mana/Life pool seems fine.
You can squeeze a bit more damage with lvl 21 gems, mainly Lightning Tendrils, Shock Nova and Arc (I don't understand lvl21 Arc price someone please enlighten me). For the Watcher's Eye, Lightning pen while affected by Wrath will be better, but it's quite expensive so I'm not sure it's worth.
Also helmet enchant, and I would prefer a self cast Lightning golem lvl20-21 than a cwdt casted lvl 15 ice golem.

"
ProtaX wrote:
I don't get how Elemental Focus works with this build. Doesn't it basically prevent shock from lightning tendrils/arc?

I only use Elemental Focus while facing high tier bosses, and rely on Orb of Storm + Unbound Ailments for the Shock and Chill :)
You want another gem while clearing maps, like Controlled Destruction.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Swiks wrote:
"
zincfe wrote:
Killed my first T12 Elder with that build 3 deth but my fault ( mistakes ) it was cool and easy dmg was great ..about guardians got only problem with one ( that one with light skills :D he is to much op lol ) btw i am no used to fight with elder it was my 4 times when fight with him

can u check my profile to see what i can change in my items ? ( i think i lack of mana ) and about volitade skill - Testing atm :D

The Elder fight can be a bit messy with the grey attacks on the grey background, took me a while to get used to it.
Checked your profile and you have pretty good items. Mana/Life pool seems fine.
You can squeeze a bit more damage with lvl 21 gems, mainly Lightning Tendrils, Shock Nova and Arc (I don't understand lvl21 Arc price someone please enlighten me). For the Watcher's Eye, Lightning pen while affected by Wrath will be better, but it's quite expensive so I'm not sure it's worth.
Also helmet enchant, and I would prefer a self cast Lightning golem lvl20-21 than a cwdt casted lvl 15 ice golem.

thx for information :) ( wana say about gems :D they just all fck up when trying vaal :P trying to lvl up new one :P )

about that golem i use ....its self cast and the worst ise that i canot get right socket on that gloves :/ and canot find any good fingersilk with hp and mana for normal price and with cool stats
Last edited by zincfe on Apr 30, 2018, 11:49:49 AM
Is this build doable as a league starter/flashback league? It might be hard to get a good Inpulsa 5L chest like the one you wrote in your build. Can this build still work fine for early maps? I am afraid that I might lack defense.
I have a quick dumb question about the build. I haven't played in a long time but i'm trying to get back into the game with this guide. My question is concerning the use of the Controlled Destruction Support gem. It reduces the critical strike chance of the supported spells by 100% (Tendrils/Arc) so they can't crit, yet in the passive tree we are grabbing things such as "20% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells". Wouldn't the support gem just negate those increases? I'm confused lol.. Sorry if this is a dumb question..
"
alexviz wrote:
Is this build doable as a league starter/flashback league? It might be hard to get a good Inpulsa 5L chest like the one you wrote in your build. Can this build still work fine for early maps? I am afraid that I might lack defense.

Currently playing the build for the first time as a league starter in the flashback event. You don't need a good 5L Inpulsa, I bought mine for 20C and simply use it as a 4L. The damage is more than enough. Currently in T4-T5 maps, but I don't see a 5L being required before pushing red maps. Apart from that: Mind of the Council was the real issue in this event. They go for 2+ ex in this short race, but I simply bought the first prophecy of the chain for 1C and finished the chain, resulting in a lucky drop. The helmets is imo just as important as the chest, I felt really squishy in maps prior to getting it.

"
Doakez wrote:
I have a quick dumb question about the build. I haven't played in a long time but i'm trying to get back into the game with this guide. My question is concerning the use of the Controlled Destruction Support gem. It reduces the critical strike chance of the supported spells by 100% (Tendrils/Arc) so they can't crit, yet in the passive tree we are grabbing things such as "20% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells". Wouldn't the support gem just negate those increases? I'm confused lol.. Sorry if this is a dumb question..

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stat#more_vs_increased

TL;DR: 100% less would be a total reduction to 5% crit (can't go below base crit). 100% reduced is simply subtracted, resulting in a loss of x% crit, whereas x% is your base crit chance (so 5-6% depending on your skill).
Thats a nice build and I am currently trying it out hoping I will not receive too many kicks in the a** because it looks not tanky at all to me.

I hope it has not been discussed before since I was too lazy to scroll through all the replies here but I wonder how you are fulfilling the Dex requirement for Impulsa since you have no Dex on your items and not too many on your Passive Tree (which I am trustfully copying 1:1)...

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
K.
Can you post a vid of you doing all guardian fights? I'm having so much trouble with them still. The char is super super squishy.

The only defenses my char has:
MoM (yes I have 30% mana now) - 4396 life and 1347 mana
Cast dmg taken - immortal call, tempest shield, ball lightning

That's really about it. This is really a short range caster (shock nova for bosses) and I'm finding it super hard to get in to do the bosses. Map clear it's a fine build.
Hey everyone !
anyone tried to use two Valako's Sign rings ?
if we don't have MoM, it could be better damage than adding 2 levels to Wrath, which is just 1% more damage.
Thoughts ?
- HiP -
"
Assaturij wrote:
Thats a nice build and I am currently trying it out hoping I will not receive too many kicks in the a** because it looks not tanky at all to me.

I hope it has not been discussed before since I was too lazy to scroll through all the replies here but I wonder how you are fulfilling the Dex requirement for Impulsa since you have no Dex on your items and not too many on your Passive Tree (which I am trustfully copying 1:1)...

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
K.

I converted some Int to Dex with the unique jewel. It's not optimal, before that I used the two +30 Dex nodes on the tree and I think that's the best option.

"
dookinpants wrote:
Can you post a vid of you doing all guardian fights? I'm having so much trouble with them still. The char is super super squishy.

The only defenses my char has:
MoM (yes I have 30% mana now) - 4396 life and 1347 mana
Cast dmg taken - immortal call, tempest shield, ball lightning

That's really about it. This is really a short range caster (shock nova for bosses) and I'm finding it super hard to get in to do the bosses. Map clear it's a fine build.

I will roll this build again in 3.3 so I count on posting new footage of it as soon as I reach end game.
Defense wise you char looks fine. Concerning the close combat aspect, the build will be better in 3.3 as we could use arc for single targets :)

"
HiPman wrote:
Hey everyone !
anyone tried to use two Valako's Sign rings ?
if we don't have MoM, it could be better damage than adding 2 levels to Wrath, which is just 1% more damage.
Thoughts ?

Losing MoM would be a extremely hard hit to the build, MoM is our first source of defense I can't see myself dropping it for more damage. Also damage is not an issue, we are almost overkilling. :D
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info