[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hey really thanks for this build.
I had my old arc witch lying around. Which rerolled to this one. Really liked it.
Can't we use Doryani catalyst instead of Singularity? so on budget probably you dont need valakov's as well?

My current gear, am not using essence worm and other unique rings since am not able to cap res and probably better survivability

Also i was thinking this, Use Doryani, curse on hit conductivity. cast on damage taken -> war lords marks (helful for boss fight for auto curse)

replace LW with Shield charge->faster-Attacks ->fortify ->culling strike?

Thanks for trying my build :)

Doryani's Catalyst is a good alternative if you want a different source of leech than Valako or Warlord's Mark. I didn't include it in the build guide because a well rolled one isn't budget.
Then again it's better to spend 20c in a Valako than in a good Doryani, this ring have so much damage it's hard to replace it. And a good Doryani will be inferior in damage compared to a 2c Singularity.

Using a defensive curse in a cwdt is a good idea, I don't do it because I don't feel like I need to go more defensive, but feel free to use whatever cwdt setup you want/need !
If you are using a scepter and don't like LW, Shield Charge + Fortify is the way to go.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

I did Herald of thunder - added lightning damage - curse on hit - conductivity.

Tried innervate on herald also but it was underwhelming and not consistent.

I am looking to try manually cursing so what other support gems would go well with herald of thuder? Would lightning penetration work on it?
I started playing PoE like 1 week ago, decided to follow your build, but due to lack of experience and knowledge I find some parts inconpreensible, like this one:

"Gloves :
If you don't have a 5L Inpulsa yet, don't use a Tabula, try :
Kalisa's Grace
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kalisa%27s_Grace
- High Life roll
- Pseudo 5L with Faster Casting
- Gain +2% to Critical Strike Chance for 2 seconds when you Spend a total of 800 Mana
That's BASE crit chance so it's really good dps boost. It will be up really often because Lightning tendril with high cast rate cost quite a bit.
"

Can you explain it a little bit better?

Right now I have like 15c and need to decide what to buy. You can check my character, it's really messy, the items, the gems, the tree, everything xD

"
cancroso wrote:
I started playing PoE like 1 week ago, decided to follow your build, but due to lack of experience and knowledge I find some parts inconpreensible, like this one:

"Gloves :
Kalisa's Grace
- High Life roll
- Gain +2% to Critical Strike Chance for 2 seconds when you Spend a total of 800 Mana
That's BASE crit chance so it's really good dps boost. It will be up really often because Lightning tendril with high cast rate cost quite a bit.
"

Right now I have like 15c and need to decide what to buy. You can check my character, it's really messy, the items, the gems, the tree, everything xD

I believe what he is saying is, If you don't have an "Inpulsa" body armour with 5 Linked sockets, do not use the common leveling unique body armour "Tabula Rasa", which has 6 linked sockets but no other stats. Instead you should use the mentioned gloves as it has an additional mod on it "faster casting" which acts as a 5th link, together with some other useful mod for critical chance". Since you will be spending a lot of mana, to cast your spells, the condition for the critical strike chance mod on gloves will trigger often.
"
AgurBadur wrote:
"
cancroso wrote:

"Gloves :
Kalisa's Grace
- High Life roll
"

I believe what he is saying is, If you don't have an "Inpulsa" body armour with 5 Linked sockets, do not use the common leveling unique body armour "Tabula Rasa", which has 6 linked sockets but no other stats. Instead you should use the mentioned gloves as it has an additional mod on it "faster casting" which acts as a 5th link, together with some other useful mod for critical chance". Since you will be spending a lot of mana, to cast your spells, the condition for the critical strike chance mod on gloves will trigger often.

The only thing that gets me confused is the fact that the gems on Inpulsa do not have "faster casting", so it's kinda "useless" for the main combo damage, or am I wrong?
"
cancroso wrote:
"
AgurBadur wrote:
"
cancroso wrote:

"Gloves :
Kalisa's Grace
- High Life roll
"

The only thing that gets me confused is the fact that the gems on Inpulsa do not have "faster casting", so it's kinda "useless" for the main combo damage, or am I wrong?

I think he means that the faster casting is not optimal late game but good for leveling.
"
dookinpants wrote:
Another question - about Herald of Thunder.

I did Herald of thunder - added lightning damage - curse on hit - conductivity.

Tried innervate on herald also but it was underwhelming and not consistent.

I am looking to try manually cursing so what other support gems would go well with herald of thuder? Would lightning penetration work on it?

I wouldn't link anything else than Curse on Hit or Enlighten on HoT. You don't want your Herald to reserve more mana.

"
cancroso wrote:

"Gloves :
Kalisa's Grace
- High Life roll
"

Thanks for trying this build :)

As AgurBadur said, what I meant is, until you manage to get at least five linked sockets on your Inpulsa's Broken Heart, use these gloves and put the Lightning Tendrils + support gems in them. :)

Also I can't check your character it's set to private, you might want to take a look at your privacy settings.

[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Swiks wrote:

"
cancroso wrote:

"Gloves :
Kalisa's Grace
- High Life roll
"

Thanks for trying this build :)

As AgurBadur said, what I meant is, until you manage to get at least five linked sockets on your Inpulsa's Broken Heart, use these gloves and put the Lightning Tendrils + support gems in them. :)

Also I can't check your character it's set to private, you might want to take a look at your privacy settings.

Thanks, already set it to public.

So you mean, I get the gloves and put LT, Arc and the support gems until I get a 5L inpulsa? Will try it.

Thank you again.
"
cancroso wrote:

Thanks, already set it to public.

So you mean, I get the gloves and put LT, Arc and the support gems until I get a 5L inpulsa? Will try it.

Thank you again.

Exactly, and equip your Inpulsa as soon as you have it, even if it's not 5-6L, it will carry you trough low tier maps. :) Don't hesitate to take +30 Dexterity points in tree if you need, it's worth.

Took a look at your char, you should buy a Singularity Wand asap, it's cheap and will be a huge increase in damage.
For the yellow items priority is :
- cap your elemental resistances (75% fire/cold/lightning)
- get as much life as possible
- mana until you have at least 30% of the value of your life pool in unreserved mana (if you have 3000 hp you need at least 900 unreserved mana).
Once you have all that, you can look for damage mods.

Also you have no leech, it might be a problem soon, swap out Conductivity for Warlord's Mark. A life flask with the Seething or Bubbling mod (Instant recovery) will help a lot too.

I'm having a lot of trouble with bosses. I switch out for shock nova and concentrated effect for bosses. Still, with 4K HP and 1.7k mana I'm dying a lot. Also using decoy totem.

Any other tips for bosses? I did not use hypthermia as I don't have any added cold damage to spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info