[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

"
lkon wrote:
What about the passive tree? I've been following the changes youre making on your character. What are your thoghts?

It's pretty good. I think it is better than the original one if you plan on leveling up to 92 at least as the terre is a bit longer. I know the majority don't level after 90 so that's up to you.

I will update the guide tonight.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
sorry for kinda offtopic question, but would you please point out what to do in this game aftersetting up the atlas, how do i actually start farming endgame bosses? my character Progression completely stopped in terms of gear and experience. Just give me the link of a decent guide if you want to, Thanks in advance!

edit: https://esportsedition.com/general/path-of-exile-defeating-the-hardest-endgame-bosses/
this guide states completing normal Atziri is the first step, is that what I am supposed to do besides mapping?
Last edited by Khayah on Apr 5, 2018, 12:55:33 AM
Bought Singularity because I'm running low on currency and decided to buy Inpulsa, Choir, Essence Worm and Valako's instead of looking at a high budget weapon (mainly so I can start looking at my resistances and not having to think about the 4 slots I'll eventually replace).

You didn't mention the nice character effect that comes with Singularity, from the Hinder Aura I assume. Here's a screenshot for any1 wondering. Aesthetics matter :^)

Spoiler

Got my Inpulsa's on 5linked / 5blue. I'm missing 30 Dex (with current Boots, +29Dex) or 59 Dex (without Boots), and obviously my resistances are shit.

What would be the best approach to this?
100% focus on resistances for Gloves/Belt/Boots, and pick up the required Dex in the Tree? There are two +30 Dex nodes right next to my path, so at least I wouldn't have to go off the path for that.

Current gear: (Inpulsa's not equipped, for 30 Dex reasons)
Spoiler

Gloves, Boots, Belt and Shield are still from leveling, the reason I haven't replaced them yet is wanting to know how to go about it, as said above (res vs other def stats vs dex)
Last edited by Clayne on Apr 5, 2018, 2:32:43 PM
"
Khayah wrote:
sorry for kinda offtopic question, but would you please point out what to do in this game aftersetting up the atlas, how do i actually start farming endgame bosses? my character Progression completely stopped in terms of gear and experience. Just give me the link of a decent guide if you want to, Thanks in advance!

edit: https://esportsedition.com/general/path-of-exile-defeating-the-hardest-endgame-bosses/
this guide states completing normal Atziri is the first step, is that what I am supposed to do besides mapping?

That's kind of a hard question for me, I'm not a pro at doing things correctly. I usually play with whatever my highest map is. I sell all my fragments if I'm running Guardians and buy them back when I feel like farming Shaper for a bit. I guess having a decent pool of chaos orbs helps a lot to farm bosses. So maybe looking a guides on how to make money are what you are searching for.

To kill bosses you will spend a lot to buy maps or fragments but at the same time, you will earn at least as much by selling items and maps drops and/or by selling kills. I don't don't sell kills because I prefer to play solo and don't want to use Trade chat, but if you have a reliable character to kill bosses, it's a pretty easy way to make a lot of money.

Atziri is a good start but the returns are pretty low this late in the league, it's better to run in the first week when Atziri's flask is worth some chaos. I would say Elder farming is a good way to start because he is "adapted" to your level by spawning or map tiers you have completed.

You should check Engineering Eternity's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q. He is doing a lot of really good guides on builds, boss fights or general mechanic of the Atlas for example !

"
Clayne wrote:
Bought Singularity because I'm running low on currency and decided to buy Inpulsa, Choir, Essence Worm and Valako's instead of looking at a high budget weapon (mainly so I can start looking at my resistances and not having to think about the 4 slots I'll eventually replace).

You didn't mention the nice character effect that comes with Singularity, from the Hinder Aura I assume. Here's a screenshot for any1 wondering. Aesthetics matter :^)

Spoiler

Got my Inpulsa's on 5linked / 5blue. I'm missing 30 Dex (with current Boots, +29Dex) or 59 Dex (without Boots), and obviously my resistances are shit.

What would be the best approach to this?
100% focus on resistances for Gloves/Belt/Boots, and pick up the required Dex in the Tree? There are two +30 Dex nodes right next to my path, so at least I wouldn't have to go off the path for that.

Current gear: (Inpulsa's not equipped, for 30 Dex reasons)
Spoiler

Gloves, Boots, Belt and Shield are still from leveling, the reason I haven't replaced them yet is wanting to know how to go about it, as said above (res vs other def stats vs dex)

You are right, forgot to say that Singularity is really badass in looks too !
Also just a quick info, the wand I use actually is pretty insane and is just something like 8% increase of the final damage over a Singularity. This unique is extremely good in this build and you can even use Shield Charge with it for those who don't like Lightning Warp.

For the gear, definitely Cap res > Life > Dex. Capping resistance is an absolute must, Dexterity is good to get on gear but if it mean that you will have less good res/life/mana rolls it's not worth it. I think it's better to use 2pts in the tree to be set forever and that's what I did on my character.

I spied a bit on your character and I just wanted to say, use a Diamond Flask, it cost literally nothing and it's one of your highest source of damage.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Swiks wrote:

I spied a bit on your character and I just wanted to say, use a Diamond Flask, it cost literally nothing and it's one of your highest source of damage.

Oh right, Flasks. I always forget to buy them. I bought Gloves/Belt/Boots/Spirit Shield, each for less than 5c, so I'll keep playing with those items for now and one invested point in 30Dex.

So far, this build feels amazing to play. Everything I've been looking for and more, except maybe a little squishy but there's still room for upgrades on my gear!
This is one of the most amazing builds I've played for a long time. It utilizes some of the less often used skills and uniques, which is really nice among the sea of RF and juggs. Teleporting, channeling tendrils and watching everything blowing up in a blue smoke looks and feels really fulfilling.

Some observations:
1) I find boss killing setup with hypothermia smoother in mapping than elemental focus, especially in higher tier maps (15s, 16s). Maybe the reason is that I play SSF, so some gear choices like Choir of the Storm are outside of my reach.

2) The only downside I encountered is unreliable lightning warp. It's fun and usually feels good but during some tougher fights it misses instant "the getting out in one piece" function (even with an enchant). This is the reason why I carry decoying totem - to distract some heavy hitters from killing me in a one hit.

3) Slightly changed pathing on the left side of the tree because I don't need 30 dex node, so I get one extra point for another jewel slot.

Even with shitty SSF start it turned out really great.

Current gear:
Gloves are bad, but really like those frenzy charges.
Spoiler

And a tree:

Thanks for the feedback :)

"
vankrawiec wrote:
This is one of the most amazing builds I've played for a long time. It utilizes some of the less often used skills and uniques, which is really nice among the sea of RF and juggs. Teleporting, channeling tendrils and watching everything blowing up in a blue smoke looks and feels really fulfilling.

Some observations:
1) I find boss killing setup with hypothermia smoother in mapping than elemental focus, especially in higher tier maps (15s, 16s). Maybe the reason is that I play SSF, so some gear choices like Choir of the Storm are outside of my reach.

2) The only downside I encountered is unreliable lightning warp. It's fun and usually feels good but during some tougher fights it misses instant "the getting out in one piece" function (even with an enchant). This is the reason why I carry decoying totem - to distract some heavy hitters from killing me in a one hit.

3) Slightly changed pathing on the left side of the tree because I don't need 30 dex node, so I get one extra point for another jewel slot.

Even with shitty SSF start it turned out really great.

Current gear:
Gloves are bad, but really like those frenzy charges.
Spoiler

And a tree:

That's some good gear for SSF !

1. Maybe I forgot to mention it, I only use Elemental Focus when actually fighting bosses, mapping with EF isn't good because you lose the Inpulsa's explosions if you Orb of Storm or HoT didn't shock.

2. LW can be a bit slow yeah... I hope he will get some love with all the skills revamps. Needing a 4L setup to be viable is kind of ridiculous :( I see that a lot of you chose Singularity for the weapon (which is good) and with that you can use Shield Charge, it may be a bit more reliable to dodge things.

3. I completely forgot to do that myself. I was still using the old pathing from before I picked up Celestial Judgment/Punishment, I was literally wasting a point. Thanks for reminding me !

"That's right, it would mean any hit during a shocking conflux or any crit with lightning damage would shock any enemy for 50% increased damage taken from all sources."

But - is it possible to shock, even with a critical hit, during the ignite and chilling confluxes? Seems like it's only possible to shock for 6 out of 14 seconds?
"
dookinpants wrote:
About Conflux. Looking at your guide, you say

"That's right, it would mean any hit during a shocking conflux or any crit with lightning damage would shock any enemy for 50% increased damage taken from all sources."

But - is it possible to shock, even with a critical hit, during the ignite and chilling confluxes? Seems like it's only possible to shock for 6 out of 14 seconds?

Any crit with lightning damage will shock and every crit with cold damage will chill, regardless of conflux, so we are able to shock 100% of the time don't worry :D
I had my old arc witch lying around. Which rerolled to this one. Really liked it.
Can't we use Doryani catalyst instead of Singularity? so on budget probably you dont need valakov's as well?

My current gear, am not using essence worm and other unique rings since am not able to cap res and probably better survivability

Also i was thinking this, Use Doryani, curse on hit conductivity. cast on damage taken -> war lords marks (helful for boss fight for auto curse)

replace LW with Shield charge->faster-Attacks ->fortify ->culling strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info