[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

First of all, thanks for this build. First time in my PoE experience where I actually felt almost OP, one small click and almost two screens are instantly cleared. Like an actually glass cannon.

My observations about this build, hoping to hear your opinions:
- Yesterday I finally got 6L Inpulsas. Holy moly the damage it can reach. But it is very VERY glassy. I put a mana leech gem in the 6th link to provide a better MoM coverage, to prevent one shots a bit more. It has worked okeysh but still getting owned from time to time.
- I still have asome empty links 2 or 3 gems. What are your own ideas for those last spots?
- What flasks are good for this build in your experience?
- How much does getting a BiS weapon cost?

Thanks in advance guys!
Why you didn't take Deep Wisdom and from there over the DEX node to Crackling Speed? I can't see a reason skipping it.

"
sim_the_exile wrote:

strange... dunno why it wasnt proccing for me. well, my bad guys. also, still kinda lame vaal wont proc :(

It's better that way, you have the full control over the burst of damage. You don't want it to proceed randomly just before the boss room.

"
Caleb_5490 wrote:
First of all, thanks for this build. First time in my PoE experience where I actually felt almost OP, one small click and almost two screens are instantly cleared. Like an actually glass cannon.

My observations about this build, hoping to hear your opinions:
- Yesterday I finally got 6L Inpulsas. Holy moly the damage it can reach. But it is very VERY glassy. I put a mana leech gem in the 6th link to provide a better MoM coverage, to prevent one shots a bit more. It has worked okeysh but still getting owned from time to time.
- I still have asome empty links 2 or 3 gems. What are your own ideas for those last spots?
- What flasks are good for this build in your experience?
- How much does getting a BiS weapon cost?

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks for trying my build :)

- So I took a look at your char, and I saw Item Rarity In the main link. Never do that it's bad. Rarity does next to nothing if not stacked in huge amounts. Empower works but it's only better than a lightning pen for example IF it's lvl 4.
You should not need mana leech, Mind of the Council takes care of that.

About the glass part of glass-canon... Yeah you will get smashed from time to time, you can sacrifice some damage for more defense like picking a full defensive shield instead of a spell/crit one.

- It seems like you filled your links, Cull can be nice on the Golem

- There is a Flask section in the build guide where I explain the flask setup and possible swaps :)

- For the end game weapon I don't really know, there are a lot of new mods/corruption so I would wait for the market to stabilise. Singularly will do fine for all content.
For the wand I am using count at least a couple of exalted orbs, maybe more now that Lightning damage is quite meta...

"
path23leech wrote:
Why you didn't take Deep Wisdom and from there over the DEX node to Crackling Speed? I can't see a reason skipping it.

Oops. It's a residue of the old tree where I didn't go for the jewel... Thanks for pointing it !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
You should not need mana leech, Mind of the Council takes care of that.

Yeah... thats not a realistic option.. 2 to 3 exalt is not in my budget for like month's :)
Berek's Grip is also something like 80 to 120 chaos at this time.

I had a char with MoM some time ago but due to all the tree / ascendeny resets and stuff i cant seem to find how i used it back then =)

Any other tips for a Elementalist to get MoM level regen beside mashing flasks ?

Thanks.
"
Yeah... thats not a realistic option.. 2 to 3 exalt is not in my budget for like month's :)
Berek's Grip is also something like 80 to 120 chaos at this time.

I had a char with MoM some time ago but due to all the tree / ascendeny resets and stuff i cant seem to find how i used it back then =)

Any other tips for a Elementalist to get MoM level regen beside mashing flasks ?

Thanks.

Yeah I said that because he already had it !
Personally, before getting MotC I used Warlord's Mark instead of Conductivity, it worked like a charm.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Last edited by Swiks on Jun 6, 2018, 2:48:28 PM
Nice build,but I have some troubles with mana.What to do?(63lvl)
Any reasonably good mana flask will help until you can afford the mask which fixes any mana issues.

Last edited by path23leech on Jun 8, 2018, 8:06:06 AM
Hey everyone !

Some news from the 3.3. I updated the guide and the PoB link, I may have missed something, don't hesitate to tell me.

About the build itself, it's crazy. I just logged into my Bestiary char and tried a Shaper run with a lvl 11 Vaal Arc (the highest I could find in std), my god this skill is busted. Deathless and really smooth without having to swap gems. I cant upload runs atm so I took a screenshot, I will try to record some footage soon.
Vaal Arc is amazing, Vaal Righteous Fire is a also a good bossing option, 20% more damage for 4s is huge when you know you will have a burst window (like the Shaper beam for example).
I'm a begginner and although the build is very good i was wondering which unique i should focus on right now. I am currently spamming maps and building a stock of chaos orbs. I followed the budget guide.
Should I focus on saving up for Inpulsa or should I buy the less expensive ones such as the helmet ?

Thanks once more for the guide ;)
Last edited by begginerforever on Jun 10, 2018, 8:03:00 AM
"
Hello, thanks for the awesome build !
I'm a begginner and although the build is very good i was wondering which unique i should focus on right now. I am currently spamming maps and building a stock of chaos orbs. I followed the budget guide.
Should I focus on saving up for Inpulsa or should I buy the less expensive ones such as the helmet ?

Thanks once more for the guide ;)

Thanks for trying my build !
Inpulsa is the one item that makes this build shine I would suggest to get it as your first big purchase. Sadly is expensive this league :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info