[3.3] Pure Skeleton Warriors Summoner, 1.9M Shaper DPS (Videos Inside)

I was playing Skellies + TV spectres (pseudo 6L Elder helmet, Queen's Escape) in Bestiary, but now i have changed it and for Flashback i will be doing full melee mode with Queen's Escape again as i think it is much better than Dancing Duo as im using all 3 minion types which are increased by it. I have just respecced this character for tests and it's really good on my necro even with wrong links for spectres and not optimal gear for stacking str (i have only 5 link and i should get rid of Ruthless and add Conc effect & Faster attacks i believe). Idea is that Kitava Heralds are using Cleave which is inflicting bleeding so Skellies can benefit from Bloodlust and at the same time they are pretty good at clearing with their Leap Slam as well. What is more, stacking Ghastly jewels with attack speed and flat physical will benefit both spectres, skeletons and zombies (which will be socketed in baron for +2lvl and additional +2lvl from lvl 3 empower so they don't die). Zombies are just for protection and additional 13% of physical dmg reduction from Ascendancy. I will be also using Brass Dome, so in total i should get like 50-51% + 13% ~ 64% physical dmg reduction without basalt (can tank Minotaur with some dmg mods and 6700 life). Brass Dome also protects me from ele crits and it's drawback is negated with Purity of lightning and Watcher's Eye with Shock immunity. With really good 3 mod Ghastly Eye jewels I'm hitting 250k Shaper dps per skelleton in PoB (obviously it's lower now on my current char, as i just respecced it for tests). This build is probably not that good and someone would easily make it better, but I'm desperately trying to have something like "my own" build :P
Last edited by elmiq on May 3, 2018, 10:53:58 AM
Just killed the Shaper with this build. I started playing very late in the league, but my friend found a mirror, so he hyped me up to playing again. Leveling was a breeze, but my friend gave me some of his goodies like his biscos and +1 tabula to use, so it only took me 4 days of playtime to 93. Could've just as easily done without, but it would only be a little slower. Very fun build to play in maps if you're into summoner builds.

Shaper was pretty easy. He couldn't really do anything. I did have some issues trying to dodge his slam attack without a movement skill, but that was pretty much my shitty flask management. Gear wasn't expensive at all. As you can see, I have some decent items and some just okayish.

As long as this stays viable, I'll be running this as my league starter! Thanks for the awesome build guide.

Last edited by MichaelKnightro on May 3, 2018, 1:55:01 PM
Hi can someone explain how EE works with this build?
"
Boozler wrote:
Hi can someone explain how EE works with this build?

You use lightning damage (ball lightning, orb of storms, etc.) that lowers their cold resistance by 50%, then hatred+generosity and grip of the counsel do a lot more cold damage. I use orb of storms myself.

"
Just killed the Shaper with this build.

I breezed through red maps until I got to minotaur and could only get him down to half life, probably because I wasn't using grip of the counsel and any good defensive flasks. My poor guardian died too.
=( I went in blind though without studying the fight, that probably had a lot to do with it too.

I'm excited to play this on the Flashback event today. =)
Last edited by Autkast on May 4, 2018, 2:23:21 PM
Since this race is so quick I'm not sure I will end up grabbing kaoms. With the chest links should I do something with spectres or zombies?

[e] Also what about Vaal haste or vaal summon skeletons?
Last edited by Boozler on May 6, 2018, 2:02:42 PM
Is there any particular reason why you're not running vaal haste with this? I'm doing the build currently with some adjustments and enjoying it quite a bit, since you said you focused on skeletons, but I've gone more of a shieldcharge SRS type build for clear with a femur in the swap.
I put Vaal haste in an unset ring and it's amazing. I also threw in Vaal Summon Skeletons for the hell of it. Will be cool when they are combined.
Bumping this as one of the best builds I played in 3.2. Thinking of using it as my starter for 3.3 as well.
All that and a bag of chips!
I'm also leaning heavily to having this be my 3.3 starter. I'm excited to have vaal skeletons linked in, as it was a lot of fun before getting to end game gear and not having enough slots.
This guide inspired me to rework my LL summoner to use melee skeletons.

My shaper dps is over 3mil. Managed to fit in lightning warp, arc to proc EE, CWDT and stuff. Fat zombies for meatshield, they actually survive shaper usually. Dropped animated guardian to fit in CWDT. Got ignore bleed and temp chains as these have been the leading causes of death when doing lab for example. 9k ES and 9k evasion, with flasks that bumps up to 20k evasion.

Not tanky, but last night I solo DPS down minotaur with 390% crit, 100% extra cold, attack, all kinds of things and 40% extra hp and phys reduction. Was a 6player party everyone but me died instantly and I was there for about 3 minutes killing him. Finally got him to stand in one of the beams and once he got shocked he melted like butter. Lightning warp and CWDT saves lives. Might actually make it to 100 now.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info