[3.3] Pure Skeleton Warriors Summoner, 1.9M Shaper DPS (Videos Inside)

"
Codz wrote:
"
Thanks for this great build! Just managed to down Uber Elder with this build!

Changes made for the Uber Elder fight:

1. Switched the boots for Kaom's Roots just for the Uber Elder fight, removing the Ball Lightning links. 2. Replaced Temporal Chains with Desecrate since Desecrate was originally with the Ball Lightning 4-link
3. Took Puppet Master branch instead of Mistress of Sacrifice
4. Switched from Bone to Flesh Offering

Character name: JonSnowWarnedYouAboutUs

Good luck to all other users of this build!!

Do you think changes 3 and 4 made the build overall better, or were those specifically for the UE fight?

I made changes 3 and 4 after failing to UE a few times and figured that more damage might be the way to go rather than having some extra block since I spend most of the fight running around anyway.

I have also tried both changes on T15/16 maps (while leveling from 93-94) and I would say that the switching of offering results in a very noticeable difference in the survivability of the skeletons when it came to big packs but is otherwise fine if you position the skeletons better when summoning them and it will slow you down a bit. The change in ascendancy is very much a preference choice and there isn't much difference when it comes to mapping as long as you are careful enough.

Summary - Both changes are made mainly for the UE fight.
From a mapping perspective:
1. Flesh Offering may slow you down in high level maps when you face big packs
2. Mistress of Sacrifice/Puppet Master is very much up to your preference (I stick to Puppet Master because I'm just lazy and play with one hand sometimes)
Empower is an option too. A nice compromise between offence and defence.
Hello folks and a nice, sunny sunday for you all.

First of all, thank you Carthasis for this very smooth progressing, awesome build!

I would like to have some oppinions on my recent changes it:

This is my current gear

Gear

Most import is the helmet, with the Aspect of Avian Skill. Every seven seconds it changes between Avian Flight (increased Movement Speed for you and your minions) and Avian Might (10% chance to deal double damage). I value it much more than the temporal chains, because I like to deal with a problem fast and swift. Additionally it frees us from the double curse necessity and gives us not only five points on the tree back, but also three slots on the gear.

Now the question is, what to do with it? Maybe a movement skill like Flame Dash, to speed up mapping and increase the change to dodge? Where to spend the five points on the tree? Life? What do you think about that? Please share your thoughts, they are all welcome!

Thank you in advance!
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Last edited by Tyrion_Targaryen on Apr 22, 2018, 6:48:07 AM
"
Hello folks and a nice, sunny sunday for you all.

First of all, thank you Carthasis for this very smooth progressing, awesome build!

I would like to have some oppinions on my recent changes it:

This is my current gear

Gear

Most import is the helmet, with the Aspect of Avian Skill. Every seven seconds it changes between Avian Flight (increased Movement Speed for you and your minions) and Avian Might (10% chance to deal double damage). I value it much more than the temporal chains, because I like to deal with a problem fast and swift. Additionally it frees us from the double curse necessity and gives us not only five points on the tree back, but also three slots on the gear.

Now the question is, what to do with it? Maybe a movement skill like Flame Dash, to speed up mapping and increase the change to dodge? Where to spend the five points on the tree? Life? What do you think about that? Please share your thoughts, they are all welcome!

Thank you in advance!

If I would get rid of Blasphemy Chains, which I wouldn't
Yes I would get flame dash for a free socket and spend extra points on life.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Apr 23, 2018, 8:08:46 AM
Where is pantheon?
How about melee phys dmg gem instead of maim?
Last edited by Autkast on Apr 24, 2018, 2:53:03 AM
"
Autkast wrote:
How about melee phys dmg gem instead of maim?

Yes it's the 5:th best gem (dps) in a setup with melee splash and minion speed. Maim being number 6.
The author has multistrike there instead. Perhaps he/she values the attack speed and application of taunt/blind more than maximum dps. It's not a very big difference. 101k vs 111k for me.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 26, 2018, 11:23:22 AM
This build is a lot of fun! It's been really smooth, and makes my Skellymancer loving self from Diablo 2 really happy.

I have one question, and I'm probably missing something obvious:

The FAQ says to keep clarity at level 1, and that it's only there for the "+20% Resistance bonus"

How does clarity provide a 20% resistance bonus? Am I missing a passive?

Edit: Whoops, just noticed that it's from Commander of Darkness. I should probably stop being lazy and do my last two labs.
Last edited by Fiatil on Apr 27, 2018, 4:31:03 PM
I love this build. I used to play SRS but skels destroy mobs so much faster.
Honestly, this was my favorite build of the league. Did anyone come up with a stronger skeleton build than this? Will be great for future releases as well!
All that and a bag of chips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info