[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
Hashi19 wrote:
I don't think Atziri's promise works with Xoph's blood, maybe i'm wrong.

Oh! You're right! Avatar of Fire, from the Wiki:

50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Deal no Non-Fire Damage

That's ok, I don't think I'd ever used it since putting it in. For now, I've replaced it with a mana flask. There have been a few times when mana drops and doesn't recover fast enough.
I cant understand, what setup I should use for summon phantasm and acrance surge? I should put 1 more active skill that I have to use, so they can proc?Its my first time I am using poets pen and i am a bit confused how exactly this works, so sorry for the stupid question
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
I cant understand, what setup I should use for summon phantasm and acrance surge? I should put 1 more active skill that I have to use, so they can proc?Its my first time I am using poets pen and i am a bit confused how exactly this works, so sorry for the stupid question

You put them into your 5 link chest armour, along with Frenzy, Faster Attacks, and Culling Stike. Note, it's ok if you don't have 4 or 5 links - you really only NEED Frenzy+Faster Attacks+Culling Strike. The OPs original suggestion was something like this:

Note that I have added Life Gain on Hit, which may not be needed - I've been playing around with different gems in that slot.

Basically, you just spam Frenzy, to attack, all the time. It triggers the gems in your Poet's Pens (see the line "Trigger a socketed spell when you attack" on the description for Poet's Pen). The Frenzy is supported by the other gems linked to it in the chest. A lot of things are happening when you are casting Frenzy:

- Faster Attacks makes Frenzy attack more often.
- Culling Strike causes any mob below 10% health to be killed when hit by Frenzy (and can make you attack faster with quality on the gem).
- Summon Phantasm gives you a chance to summon a phantasm if Frenzy kills a mob (doesn't happen often).
- Arcane Surge will trigger after you spend enough mana casting Frenzy (generally over multiple casts).
- Whenever Frenzy hits a mob, you gain a Frenzy charge. Frenzy charges make you attack faster.
- Poet's Pens will trigger one of the spells socketed in them. This means that by spamming Frenzy, your Pens will alternate between casting Immortal Call, Volatile Dead, Unearth, and Bodyswap - the 4 spell gems socketed in the Pens.

I hope that description helps a bit!
Last edited by joNDel_x on May 16, 2018, 11:00:39 PM
"
joNDel_x wrote:
"
AlexAndonov wrote:

You put them into your 5 link chest armour, along with Frenzy, Faster Attacks, and Culling Stike. Note, it's ok if you don't have 4 or 5 links - you really only NEED Frenzy+Faster Attacks+Culling Strike. The OPs original suggestion was something like this:

Note that I have added Life Gain on Hit, which may not be needed - I've been playing around with different gems in that slot.

Basically, you just spam Frenzy, to attack, all the time. It triggers the gems in your Poet's Pens (see the line "Trigger a socketed spell when you attack" on the description for Poet's Pen). The Frenzy is supported by the other gems linked to it in the chest. A lot of things are happening when you are casting Frenzy:

- Faster Attacks makes Frenzy attack more often.
- Culling Strike causes any mob below 10% health to be killed when hit by Frenzy (and can make you attack faster with quality on the gem).
- Summon Phantasm gives you a chance to summon a phantasm if Frenzy kills a mob (doesn't happen often).
- Arcane Surge will trigger after you spend enough mana casting Frenzy (generally over multiple casts).
- Whenever Frenzy hits a mob, you gain a Frenzy charge. Frenzy charges make you attack faster.
- Poet's Pens will trigger one of the spells socketed in them. This means that by spamming Frenzy, your Pens will alternate between casting Immortal Call, Volatile Dead, Unearth, and Bodyswap - the 4 spell gems socketed in the Pens.

I hope that description helps a bit!

That helped alot :) So far i placed "normal attack" ot button "e" and I press it constantly so I can perform an attack so skills in poets pen to trigger, but I watch few clips, where ppl dont have any active skills on the bars.. :D
Hi there!

How well does this do with full key Uber lab farming?

Would this build work as a league starter?
Hi Guys, Im pretty late to the party, but I just started to give it a try.
And I really enjoy this build, easiest and smoothest leveling experiecne so far. I think next leauge this will be my to go build.

But I have to admit I am kind of confused due to all the suggestions regarding gem order.

Right now my char is doin the swap and then the VD, I kinda feel the other way would be better, or am I wrong? How do I have to place the gems to achieve it?

Char is "Old_Squirty_Bastard"

Any help is appreciated

TY
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
That helped alot :) So far i placed "normal attack" ot button "e" and I press it constantly so I can perform an attack so skills in poets pen to trigger, but I watch few clips, where ppl dont have any active skills on the bars.. :D

I'm no expert, but the only build that I know of with no active skills is a possible "Autobomber" build based around the unique item Abberath's Hooves. That item causes an attack just by walking.

"
SlowMo wrote:
But I have to admit I am kind of confused due to all the suggestions regarding gem order.

Right now my char is doin the swap and then the VD, I kinda feel the other way would be better, or am I wrong? How do I have to place the gems to achieve it?

Poet's Pen triggers spells from top to bottom; it casts the top spell in both Pen's, at the same time, on your first use of Frenzy. If you continue to cast Frenzy, it will casts the skills in the next socket down. I have Immortal Call in the top gem socket of my right hand Pen and I know it always casts first, which is what I wanted.

Note, you generally need to use Unearth before VD, or there may not be any corpses for VD to explode.

"
bankai1009 wrote:
How well does this do with full key Uber lab farming?

Would this build work as a league starter?

Build runs Uber lab just fine. The best "farming" builds typically rely on speedy movement, but this build completes lab with no problem what so ever.

Poet's Pen builds are normally some of the easiest and fastest leveling experiences, but the Pens may be hard or expensive to acquire early in the league. On the 1st day I'll just level generic SSF or cheap trade items, generally following this skill tree, until the Pen's are available on poe.trade (and I can afford them).[/quote]
Thanks for your reply mate.
Do you have a recommended league starter build to farm with until you can afford port pens? Like a build that can still take advantage of the skill tree so we don’t have to respec too much?
"
joNDel_x wrote:

"
SlowMo wrote:

Poet's Pen triggers spells from top to bottom; it casts the top spell in both Pen's, at the same time, on your first use of Frenzy. If you continue to cast Frenzy, it will casts the skills in the next socket down. I have Immortal Call in the top gem socket of my right hand Pen and I know it always casts first, which is what I wanted.

Note, you generally need to use Unearth before VD, or there may not be any corpses for VD to explode.

Ty mate.
So setup like this will then do the job, right?

Char Sheet left Hand
Unearth
GMP
Bodyswap

Char Sheet right Hand
Support
VD
Support
"
SlowMo wrote:

So setup like this will then do the job, right?

Char Sheet left Hand
Unearth
GMP
Bodyswap

Char Sheet right Hand
Support
VD
Support

Looks fine to me. BTW, from what I read, left/right hand doesn't really matter as both will trigger together on each attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info