[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

Sorry if it's a dumb question, why the romira with this build?
Hi just thought I'd ask here since you seem to know about these things.

Jugg Ascendant's (If hit recently) endurance charge, if you're 'hit' when Immortal Call is up, does that still count to build them up for the next IC cast?

I'm also very thankful that you posted about the IC 'skipping' and it casting the other spell while IC is on it's internal cooldown as this is what I feared the most about putting one in my pen or CoC setup but found it a bit hard to find info on.

E:Found my answer on an obscure page of the wiki not related to what I was looking for, you can ignore this post.
Last edited by Penetros on Apr 6, 2018, 4:08:47 AM
"
Marinelord wrote:
Sorry if it's a dumb question, why the romira with this build?

Gives you a power charge on every non-crit. Every power charge has a chance to give you an endurance charge. Endurance charges buff immortal call duration. Long enough duration, you can have immortal call up during its cooldown, then cast it again, which leads to permanent immortal call.
Hey, quick question.. why not swap Immortal Call and Bodyswap in the wand gem link setups? So that Bodyswap is linked with Fire Pen for some extra damage. Is it something to do with the way the wands proc? VD/Bodyswap/Fire Pen and Unearth/GMP/Immortal Call

"
projectsix wrote:
Hey, quick question.. why not swap Immortal Call and Bodyswap in the wand gem link setups? So that Bodyswap is linked with Fire Pen for some extra damage. Is it something to do with the way the wands proc? VD/Bodyswap/Fire Pen and Unearth/GMP/Immortal Call

While IC is on CD the pen will not cast it, so that means that VD casts every attack (4x per second). If you put Bodyswap in the same pen it only casts half the time (2x per second). However, you only generate corpses 2x per second, so this only matters while clearing (anywhere where there are additional corpses to VD).
NEW INFO from reddit.

Linking Phantasm on Kill allows attacks to proc arcane surge based on the mana spent for the attack. This allows you to drop Arcane Blessing (losing ele status immunity) for Pursuit of Faith (a lot of damage in many situations). This does let you run a higher level arcane surge for more spell damage and mana regen. Personally, I will stick with ele immunity, but this is very interesting info.

-Marcel
How much more ehp is divine guidance? reason i ask is cuz i play HC only and was thinkiing of using pursuit of faith instead of it so i can use 2 totems ( from my 6 link armor) wouldnt that be good dps increase for boss fights?
"
NEW INFO from reddit.

Linking Phantasm on Kill allows attacks to proc arcane surge based on the mana spent for the attack. This allows you to drop Arcane Blessing (losing ele status immunity) for Pursuit of Faith (a lot of damage in many situations). This does let you run a higher level arcane surge for more spell damage and mana regen. Personally, I will stick with ele immunity, but this is very interesting info.

-Marcel

Super interesting. Equates to about 9% more (1.2/1.1 multiplier) and 0.5% mana regen (dunno % more since that's like... dependent on normal mana regen) just on arcane surge (if at lvl 20). + the buff from killing.
However, the value of not needing ele immunity on flasks is huge, since you can run unique flasks like vinktar and atziri's which are huge dmg multipliers, basically, by themselves. And its not like you need more dmg for clearing (and inconsistent dmg for bosses that might have adds).

"
Camaron wrote:
How much more ehp is divine guidance? reason i ask is cuz i play HC only and was thinkiing of using pursuit of faith instead of it so i can use 2 totems ( from my 6 link armor) wouldnt that be good dps increase for boss fights?

10% over the 30% you have, so 1.4/1.3 ~ 7.6% more ehp I think (assuming only MoM other than that)? I'd say it depends on your values. How much ehp you have currently, how much dmg, is your ehp more than enough? As you say, you're in HC so surviving is far more important than 1 more totem, unless it significantly increases dmg.
True in HC survability >> anything else

I am cufrrently lvl 73 so just starting this build and liking it a lot
If you want to check my char its Hurakan on BHC any tips appreciated

Ty
"
Camaron wrote:
True in HC survability >> anything else

I am cufrrently lvl 73 so just starting this build and liking it a lot
If you want to check my char its Hurakan on BHC any tips appreciated

Ty

Im going with Essence Worm + Anger.

Also, ur using a 3link for Unearth, i dont think its good since most our damage comes from VD. I would do Unearth - GMP - Immortal Call and VD - Conc - Ele Focus or Fire pen
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Apr 6, 2018, 9:19:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info