[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

Nice to see a wand build back on the witch section. Thanks for making the guide.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Loving this build so far, only thing is i'm at a loss at what to upgrade next with my gear (you can check my profile please) every wand i put into POB isn't giving me more dps (currently at 700k shaper dps) Please and thank you for your time.
"
born2bemonday wrote:
Loving this build so far, only thing is i'm at a loss at what to upgrade next with my gear (you can check my profile please) every wand i put into POB isn't giving me more dps (currently at 700k shaper dps) Please and thank you for your time.
Here's a very quick search that I made on poe.trade: http://poe.trade/search/mkiokokanitoba

You can add more mods to look for but its just something I came up quickly. There's one wand for 25c called Glyph Chant that would give you around 7-8% more dps :)

I need to go to bed right now but I will have a better look at your character tomorrow
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
your 40 point tree actually has 99 points... as a new player as well as being new to a wander class this was a bit much to follow. It seems showing CI and Ghost Reaver is kind of out of reach until you have proper ES at later lvlz. Showing it as a 40 point tree was just `NO` ... don't do that.

Any kind of hit you take, interupts your casting, any hit that can stun you will, and micromanaging your mana is a nightmare as barrage will literally drink it allllll. Early lvls meaning to 50 or so, KB (KINETIC BLAST) is kind of lacking as well as using LMP (LESSER MULTIPLE PROJECTILES) or GMP ( GREATER MULTIPLE PROJECTILES ) as early on for some reason.. it does not actually fire multiples except at longer ranges... if barrage actually feels like it because of its randomised spread. your KB is slotted into your twyzel, and if you were lucky like i was, a friend lent me a TABULA ROSA to lvl in so i could have the full benefit of a 6L which is used for slotting the barrage skill gem and its supporting gems.

I can not express how tolerant and patient you have to be with this build, it wasn't until i realised the point miscalculation in the description.. that something was terribly wrong, after refunding quite a bit of points and reallocating them to what i believed to be what could have been what you may have been going for that i actually saw an increase in my damage .... and removing CI and ghost reaver, i lived longer.

please fix this, and repost for a newb friendlier post for people like myself who actually want to play this build because they feel it is intersting and possibly fun so they don't have to go through the same drama i had to endure.
"
acidfrost2013 wrote:
your 40 point tree actually has 99 points... as a new player as well as being new to a wander class this was a bit much to follow. It seems showing CI and Ghost Reaver is kind of out of reach until you have proper ES at later lvlz. Showing it as a 40 point tree was just `NO` ... don't do that.

Any kind of hit you take, interupts your casting, any hit that can stun you will, and micromanaging your mana is a nightmare as barrage will literally drink it allllll. Early lvls meaning to 50 or so, KB (KINETIC BLAST) is kind of lacking as well as using LMP (LESSER MULTIPLE PROJECTILES) or GMP ( GREATER MULTIPLE PROJECTILES ) as early on for some reason.. it does not actually fire multiples except at longer ranges... if barrage actually feels like it because of its randomised spread. your KB is slotted into your twyzel, and if you were lucky like i was, a friend lent me a TABULA ROSA to lvl in so i could have the full benefit of a 6L which is used for slotting the barrage skill gem and its supporting gems.

I can not express how tolerant and patient you have to be with this build, it wasn't until i realised the point miscalculation in the description.. that something was terribly wrong, after refunding quite a bit of points and reallocating them to what i believed to be what could have been what you may have been going for that i actually saw an increase in my damage .... and removing CI and ghost reaver, i lived longer.

please fix this, and repost for a newb friendlier post for people like myself who actually want to play this build because they feel it is intersting and possibly fun so they don't have to go through the same drama i had to endure.

Hi,

The problems you describe are indeed issues while leveling, but can be avoided "quite" easily.

Concerning the stuns/CI, the stun threshold is indeed based on your life, which does make you vulnerable to them. However, your second ascendancy, Vile Bastion, makes you immune to stuns while you have energy shield - which is, almost always when you're leveling if you're using ES gear - as well as ES regeneration per second depending on the number of enemies you've killed recently. On top of your first ascendancy, Wicked Ward, which prevents your ES recharge from being interrupted if it started recently, and with the two huge ES bonuses (100 from Wicked Ward, and 150 from Vile Bastion), it makes your ES pretty buff, and immune to stuns. It is recommended to take CI after those two, and once you have somewhat decent ES (which shouldn't take long). Before that, keep your HP :p

As for Ghost Reaver, this is my first CI build with an attack skill, so my first time playing with it, but I took it quite late (at lvl 70ish), because 1) While you don't have Vitality Void/Vaal Pact, your leech is pretty low, and 2) ES recharge is halved by Ghost Reaver. And since ES recharge is pretty strong from Wicked Ward, it's fine playing without Ghost Reaver while leveling, and just running around waiting for your ES recharge to start (again, while leveling).

For the mana regen, the Crown of Eyes has a bit on mana leech on it, but it's indeed not enough to sustain. The first solution is to use a Thief's Torment ring while leveling ; the life gained on hit is useful early, but useless as you get more ES, but the mana gained on hit is insane, and basically makes you immune to being out of mana.
However, around the end of the story, you'll start to need some other rings (perhaps with ES and resistances), so Thief's Torment is more of a leveling item. Also, you might not be able to afford it (a few chaos), or just don't like it. Then, a second solution is to not reserve all your mana (I played with only Wrath, or only Discipline depending on the situation, for most of the game), and keep a top-tier mana flask (with the Catalysed mod if needed - 50% increased regeneration rate). The third solution is to go to the bottom of the tree quickly, and take the hybrid life/mana leech node, which will be enough to sustain your mana.

Hope that helps!
On a note, what if you would squeeze in Cremation spell totem? and/or detonate dead?

Cheers,

- B
First of all, sorry for late reply, lately I didn't have much time to even log into the forums.

"
acidfrost2013 wrote:
your 40 point tree actually has 99 points... as a new player as well as being new to a wander class this was a bit much to follow.
My apologies, I must have copied wrong link when editing the thread. I've fixed it now.

"
acidfrost2013 wrote:
Leveling process is indeed quite tough based the feedback in the thread so far. I don't think I can do much to fix this besides pointing out how important leveling uniques are. When I started the league I knew I had to save the few alchs/chaos I dropped to get necessary leveling uniques like Lioneye's Paws/Wake of Destrction, Prismweave, high res/life shield, wand upgrades etc.
I think Thief's Torment is pretty much be mandatory for easy leveling, personally I couldn't afford it at the leage start.

"
Vatinas wrote:
[...]
Very solid write-up, this helps some new players who would like to try this build out. I hope you don't mind me adding this to the build's leveling section :>

"
nlilja wrote:
On a note, what if you would squeeze in Cremation spell totem? and/or detonate dead?

Cheers,

- B
When running forward as a wander, placing totems would only slow you down. With that being said, it gave me an idea of using Devouring Totem for leveling, but it is so hipster I'm not sure its worth adding in ;P
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Mar 31, 2018, 7:54:48 AM
Hey !
I was looking for a CI build for this league (after making a GC Miner, which was, for me, a bit too clunky, and a Glad Reaver)

I never played Wander before and i found your build, and I feel so good with this clearspeed !

Yes, leveling phase was really hard, but i luckily have a friend who carried me through whole part 2 :p
You can just level your way with another spell and keep some gems in your secondary weapon, as many of builds do (like my rf friend haha)

I'm trying to 6L this for more survivability,

and i'm uLabing for the Barrage enchant (Since it costs 20ex lul)
Found this for 70c and asking for some Vorici crafting service

I try to make currency to buy a Vinktar add # Lightning damage

So, for now, this is my build, and I don't really know what to upgrades apart these I mentioned just before
I'm struggling a bit on Elder but Fur Shawl will do the trick i think, and I feel lack of dps on bosses for some reasons

Spoiler

Thanks for this build so far and sorry for my english :)

GLHF !
For enchant, a trick you can try is buying plain white/rare hubris with +1 Barrage and either scour/chance it or just use the prophecy Trash to Treasure. I bought mine for 8ex including hubris but not sure how much they cost atm.

Ask IGN masterservice about Vorici craft service, I've used it twice in Bestiary and 100% recommend. Once you recolor your Thunderfists, I think you should try Pierce gem and dropping Poacher's Aim on the tree for another good Abyss jewel. His service costs 15c (if remember correctly) plus crafting materials.

Not sure if 6L Beast is truly worth it, since 6L on poe.trade are only around 5ex. I think its a lot cheaper then usual chance of getting a 6L with fuses, so personally I'd just buy one myself. If you cannot afford it, it might be a good idea to upgrade your chest to a higher ES Regalia in the meantime, usually they are a lot cheaper, around 3ex for 6L 400+ ES with some decent res.

With a bit more map running you should be able to level your 19 lvl gems into 20 and then quickly boost them up back up, shouldn't take longer then a day of fast map running. If you level up this way then you can finally pick up Throatseeker which you are missing on the tree.
My build guides:

Well, if i'm hitting this freakin prophecy, i'll try this trick, but for now, I'll run uLab. Got my Reave enchant on the first try, so why not for this char ? :D

Then I have to colored it again :( but yeah, I think I have the damage to afford this swap

For now, I not used enough fusing to reach the 5ex costs, and I love to get a 6L by fusing it, it feels so rewarding ! :D
Oh, and I don't need res cause I already worked on my res to equip Beast !

I really hope I'll can do endgame things without barrage enchant for now
Last edited by xAeternalis on Mar 31, 2018, 9:30:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info