[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

Firstly thanks for taking the time to make this great guide!
I play on standard what would be some op items that you mention
Also would this be a good build to try and take to 100.
I would like to thank you, this build has been a blast lvling (with lvling uniques) and my wifes PIGPen Poet build.

Its amazing, my third wanderer build im trying.. i love em, specially this!

Im sorry if this is a noob question and/or if u have already answered this question.

Why isnt "Ele Focus" in your wand linked with ur Blood Rage? dosnt it have to be? according to the gem in grey text it has to be linked to a gem to support it?!

Im "kinda" new to this.. play to around 90 each every other league or something.. i always forget a bunch about the game haha.. semi-ret~~ded..

would this be better then Crown of Eyes? im a sucker for nice "rares" over "uniques".. and would perfer a rare helmet.

would lose "alot" of leech but do u think the character is still viable for endgame higher tiers/bosses?

Also, Which build do u think is the strongest?
This or "[3.3] The PIG's Pen - Elemental Hit w/ Poets Pen"?

Cuz i Love these 2 builds, never liked any other as I do these.. and atm my wife plays the PIGs and im urs.. just thinkin of the endgame and also next league/flashback

Also, mind checking my character? Im deeply worried about my wand, whatever i think is good u seem to hate over the past 30+ pages of this thread.. and im really terrible at PoB...
Last edited by LFM91 on Jul 28, 2018, 5:17:38 PM
"
I would like to thank you, this build has been a blast lvling (with lvling uniques) and my wifes PIGPen Poet build.

Its amazing, my third wanderer build im trying.. i love em, specially this!

Im sorry if this is a noob question and/or if u have already answered this question.

Why isnt "Ele Focus" in your wand linked with ur Blood Rage? dosnt it have to be? according to the gem in grey text it has to be linked to a gem to support it?!

Im "kinda" new to this.. play to around 90 each every other league or something.. i always forget a bunch about the game haha.. semi-ret~~ded..

08fcfbba104613db9bc35a69ea9b7784
would this be better then Crown of Eyes? im a sucker for nice "rares" over "uniques".. and would perfer a rare helmet.

would lose "alot" of leech but do u think the character is still viable for endgame higher tiers/bosses?

Also, Which build do u think is the strongest?
This or "[3.3] The PIG's Pen - Elemental Hit w/ Poets Pen"?

Cuz i Love these 2 builds, never liked any other as I do these.. and atm my wife plays the PIGs and im urs.. just thinkin of the endgame and also next league/flashback

Also, mind checking my character? Im deeply worried about my wand, whatever i think is good u seem to hate over the past 30+ pages of this thread.. and im really terrible at PoB...

It's not Uber Elder viable, but it definitely is Guardian, Shaper viable.
when using Impresence, which element do you want? I'm thinking either lightning or chaos
Last edited by Burritor on Aug 1, 2018, 2:13:20 AM
Curious if anyone has suggestions for completed spell trees on this build. I'm at lvl 72 and the posted trees seem to end around here.

Interesting build. Seems squishy for me in early mapping but still room for gear to curve out. It'll be interesting to see how far this build can go.
Last edited by bonefist on Aug 20, 2018, 1:39:28 AM
Hey guys, hope you can help me: The CWDT / BR / IC / Arakaali Setup, is it necessary to have BR linked and if so, why? I thought it would be enough to cast BR manually before CWDT procs the IC. In that case, I could place BR in any other socket, but in your linked gear, u always got that linked. I think I didn't understand everything correctly
Linking BR just automates it so you don't have to cast it yourself. If you're okay maintaining the buff yourself, you can do that.
Thanks for sharing this build. I decided to roll a wander for my second character in delve league using currency I made on my starter. I used your level 77 tree as the basis for my Occultist. The build is working really well I'm doing t14 maps with it and have managed to get to delve depth 240ish.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Slappy_Cheese/characters?characterName=Hera_Pulse

I made a couple of changes because I wanted to be able to shatter corpses in delve so I am running 2X heralds (Ice + thunder) rather than wrath and using added cold gem to make sure I shatter reliably. After some testing I found I liked Power Siphon better than KB - it gives easy access to power charges and the vaal version works great in delve as a panic - press and everything shatters.

I ended up speccing out of the leech part of tree for more ES instead, the pathing to vaal pact seemed really inefficient to me and I found with vaal discipline + vile bastion I didn't really need leech. I was using bated breath for a good chunk of levelling up until I was high enough for a crystal belt this helped out a lot too.

The biggest hurdle I have found is longer boss fights (especially the ones with Invuln phases) where my flasks go down often I need to drop a portal go back to my hideout refill flasks and come back into the map. Leech would be beneficial here but 99% of time I am pretty much shattering everything from off screen. Uber Izaro in particular was a pain his barrage attack was absolutely chunking me for whatever reason taking off like 6K+ ES every hit. I don't think I could have beaten him without stibnite + jade flasks.

Amusingly enough I got the ele hit damage enchant on my crown of eyes when I beat lab which I think is worth a lot.

I would really like to run some unique flasks especially a wise oak (I am not ele weakness capped currently :( ) but I feel like I pretty much need every single util + suffix so I can't really afford to cut anything. Maybe I can cut the basalt.

Anyway if anyone is thinking of trying it out go for it. I levelled using freezing pulse until I hit lvl 65 and could use piscators.

I was wondering if this is a good build for around 280-300 depths? Looks really fun but I don't want to be too squishy and want to be able to clear decently. Is this a good build for delve ?
Short answer is yes it will work at that depth. My character (see post above yours) is at about that depth I'm at just under 270 I could push it further if I wasn't limited by sulphite.

Long answer yes but it is not that cheap to gear the character properly. My build still has pretty trash gear (using piscators and some pretty bad abyss jewels) and it was not that cheap to get up to where i am now. Good abyss jewels in particular are really important but not cheap.

As for general tips in delve.

Vaal discipline is really good you can pop it during those "oh crap" moments when you get swarmed and you are basically invulnerable. I have mine linked to increased duration this makes it last longer but also takes longer to recharge and start claiming souls again so keep that in mind it's a bit of a trade off you have to decide on which you'd prefer.

Flasks are also really important I'm running Diamond + silver and 3 defensive flasks: jade + stibnite + basalt (though I should probably swap basalt for granite, see below). Try to keep your flasks up all the time this is pretty easy to do in delves except for one encounter the graveyard where mobs spawn really slowly.

Make sure you have freeze immune rolled on your flask and you always keep freeze immune up. There are some monsters that use something a lot like coldsnap. I'm not sure if they cast it or it is a ground effect. If you get caught in it you will get destroyed. Since the build is CI it is really vulnerable to cold damage anyway but this cold snap type effect is really really nasty.

The most dangerous thing by far are the bats that use the screech attack they can hit you from off screen in the darkness and it absolutely chunks your ES. Someone told me the scream does phys damage, Which is probably why I should be running a granite flask.

Other than that I will say projectile weakness really helps since it gives you pierce and knockback. However I wouldn't give up assasin's mark for it so make sure you do uber lab earlish to access the second curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info