[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

"
Slappy_Cheese wrote:
Short answer is yes it will work at that depth. My character (see post above yours) is at about that depth I'm at just under 270 I could push it further if I wasn't limited by sulphite.

Long answer yes but it is not that cheap to gear the character properly. My build still has pretty trash gear (using piscators and some pretty bad abyss jewels) and it was not that cheap to get up to where i am now. Good abyss jewels in particular are really important but not cheap.

As for general tips in delve.

Vaal discipline is really good you can pop it during those "oh crap" moments when you get swarmed and you are basically invulnerable. I have mine linked to increased duration this makes it last longer but also takes longer to recharge and start claiming souls again so keep that in mind it's a bit of a trade off you have to decide on which you'd prefer.

Flasks are also really important I'm running Diamond + silver and 3 defensive flasks: jade + stibnite + basalt (though I should probably swap basalt for granite, see below). Try to keep your flasks up all the time this is pretty easy to do in delves except for one encounter the graveyard where mobs spawn really slowly.

Make sure you have freeze immune rolled on your flask and you always keep freeze immune up. There are some monsters that use something a lot like coldsnap. I'm not sure if they cast it or it is a ground effect. If you get caught in it you will get destroyed. Since the build is CI it is really vulnerable to cold damage anyway but this cold snap type effect is really really nasty.

The most dangerous thing by far are the bats that use the screech attack they can hit you from off screen in the darkness and it absolutely chunks your ES. Someone told me the scream does phys damage, Which is probably why I should be running a granite flask.

Other than that I will say projectile weakness really helps since it gives you pierce and knockback. However I wouldn't give up assasin's mark for it so make sure you do uber lab earlish to access the second curse.

Thank you so much for feedback. Looking at your profile, I see that you are using power siphon. Is it better than Kinetic Blast ? I bought elemental curse on hit thunderfist and considering to buy the curse on hit ring after I get malediction. Should I get rid of the thunderfist and switch to projectile weakness? I am level 70 right now and having a lot of problems about survival. I actually thought about using enfeeble or temporal chain as the second curse.
I'm using Power Siphon over KB because the vaal version of power siphon feels really good to use in delves. I think it is a matter of preference try out both and see which you prefer.

If you link your character's profile I can take a look and give you some advice. Possibly you are struggling because damage output is not high enough. With a build like this I think offense if the best form of defense if you kill the enemies faster you have to tank the damage for less time.

For this reason I would not chose enfeeble or temp chains over something like assasin's mark. If you hit the enemies harder they explode sooner and are that much less likely to hit you.

Ideally you want to be dealing enough damage so you blow up the mobs in one hit as soon as they appear on your screen. A lot of the builds damage comes from jewels so I'd see if maybe you can upgrade a few of your jewels and see if it makes build feel any smoother.

edit: I just recorded a quick video of me playing a T11 map. This should demo what I mean. You can see I one or two shot most mobs. You can also see the big weakness of this build. I was doing good dmg to map boss until my flasks ran out and then the single target damage is pretty rubbish. This is why I really want to run a wise oak so I have more penetration but I don't want to give up any of these flasks for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-uQqOuutnY
Last edited by Slappy_Cheese on Sep 29, 2018, 8:55:36 AM
Oh wow man thank you! After trying a bit more I've decided to stop playing this build. I don't know maybe wanders aren't really for me. Something just didn't click I guess. I really appreciate your help and wish you the best.
Good morning (9:18 am in Argentina, say hi!). Thank you for taking your time in explaining and showing us your build :) I'm interested in trying it, but I'm wondering about something: what could be changed on the skill tree/jewels/etc if I go for a Phys wand over an Elemental wand instead? And thinking about crafting items with the "%# of physical damage as extra <elemental damage here>" affixes. Let me know if those kind of things are reliable or not at all.
Cheers! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info