[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
WillSerenity wrote:
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for the build! I discovered it late Delve League and decided I'd play it in Betrayal League, even with the MS changes. It's a very fun build! :D

I've made a discovery and I'm curious on your thoughts. I just found Hits Can't Be Evaded as a weapon mod.I discovered it unveiling a weapon. It's very expensive at 3EX, lol. :/ Makes me surprised I got it so early. I guess RNG threw me a bone. Would it be viable to enchant a claw with this and replace Lycosidae with another shield? Since, from what I understand, Lycosidae is in the build specifically because it has that mod on it.

Love to read your thoughts. Take care and GL this league! :)
What the post above me said basically. You can either get a nice defensive unique or a rare with lots of resists, so you can more easily get damage on your other gear slots.

There are also some good craftable shield mods this league.

Is the mod a prefix or a suffix?
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 8, 2018, 5:27:43 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
What the post above me said basically. You can either get a nice defensive unique or a rare with lots of resists, so you can more easily get damage on your other gear slots.

There are also some good craftable shield mods this league.

Is the mod a prefix or a suffix?

It's a Prefix. Knew I should have mentioned that. Doh!

"
eGLSack wrote:
Make a delve claw with 60% more poison damage + other good mods & add that mod. Replace it with whatever you want, a nice rare or lioneye's would be good.

Thanks! :)

"
WillSerenity wrote:
It's a Prefix. Knew I should have mentioned that. Doh!
It's still good, but not that great then.
The problem is that the delve poison mod is also a prefix, and you'll want added chaos/fire damage aswell which is a prefix.
Then you'd have one mod free which would be either 'can't be evaded' or another weapon damage mod that you'd have to give up.

It's still better than using a whole shield slot, but Lycosidae's other stats aren't that bad.
Builds and Guides:
Re:
Spell Totem - Wither - Increased Duration - Multiple Totems

With Multiple Totems you can use both Wither and other totem skill simultaneously (3 max wither total, 2 each cast). Since in most cases either totem is destroyed or mob is killed well before totem expire, why not replace inc dura with (unlinked) totem skill of choice:
1. Ancestral Protector (offensive) or
2. Decoy Totem (defensive).
I don't use them (AP) often - but when I do it helps
I'm sorry if that has already been asked/answered. Wildfire is limited to 1 gem now, so what is the recommended replacement (poison/life/res maybe)?

for 3.5 updates you posted total projectiles went down from 14 to 11. I assume that's from losing a projectile in the head enchant and 2 from wildfire.

Thanks for putting up the guide!

Cheers
Thanks for build ! But i don't know what enchant is best for gloves, do you know what enchant is best for gloves ? Low enlish.. :D And how to use 2 Wildfire jewels.
"
xriegg wrote:
Re:
Spell Totem - Wither - Increased Duration - Multiple Totems

With Multiple Totems you can use both Wither and other totem skill simultaneously (3 max wither total, 2 each cast). Since in most cases either totem is destroyed or mob is killed well before totem expire, why not replace inc dura with (unlinked) totem skill of choice:
1. Ancestral Protector (offensive) or
2. Decoy Totem (defensive).
I don't use them (AP) often - but when I do it helps
Duration doesn't affect totem duration (anymore). It's there to get more stacks on a target.
You can try using an extra totem, but it's going to be hard to keep both of them up during endgame bossfights.

"
oordeel wrote:
I'm sorry if that has already been asked/answered. Wildfire is limited to 1 gem now, so what is the recommended replacement (poison/life/res maybe)?

for 3.5 updates you posted total projectiles went down from 14 to 11. I assume that's from losing a projectile in the head enchant and 2 from wildfire.

Thanks for putting up the guide!

Cheers
Just use the same thing you'd use in the other slots. Life, attack speed or poison damage are the best, but res is fine too.
If you're using Volkuur's, added fire damage is also an option.

You are right about the projectiles.

"
RippX wrote:
Thanks for build ! But i don't know what enchant is best for gloves, do you know what enchant is best for gloves ? Low enlish.. :D And how to use 2 Wildfire jewels.
Gloves enchants are so weak that you shouldn't even care about them, the best one would be Commandment of Light I guess.
The best implicits for gloves are corruptions, but they are not easy to get.

Wildfire is limited to 1 now. (I forgot to update that in the jewel section)
Builds and Guides:
If i have a mod that says "attacks with this weapon penetrate % chaos resist" does that cause my poison to deal more damage since the base hit of chaos damage was larger? or is the poison calculated independently
Hello,

Thanks for the build from bestiary. This is the second time I am trying it out this league.

I was wondering if there is any way to factor in The Golden Rule into this build to cap the chaos res considering all the syndicate burst damage at higher tier maps.

We could mitigate the reflected poison using Loreweave 80% max, Shakari and the assassin ascendency. Additionally Aarakali (some more choas dot defence) regen should proc with a curing flask. Though I wonder if this can be sustained with increasing poison stacks.

This idea just came to me at work so I did not get a chance to test it out yet.

We may need to drop blood rage to reduce the degen a bit.

Let me know what you think.
"
If i have a mod that says "attacks with this weapon penetrate % chaos resist" does that cause my poison to deal more damage since the base hit of chaos damage was larger? or is the poison calculated independently
It increases your initial hit damage, but damage over time can't penetrate. Poison uses the base damage of the hit, but is scaled seperately - and that scaling doesn't include penetration.
The only thing you can do is lower enemy resistances (i.e. via Despair).

"
Hello,

Thanks for the build from bestiary. This is the second time I am trying it out this league.

I was wondering if there is any way to factor in The Golden Rule into this build to cap the chaos res considering all the syndicate burst damage at higher tier maps.

We could mitigate the reflected poison using Loreweave 80% max, Shakari and the assassin ascendency. Additionally Aarakali (some more choas dot defence) regen should proc with a curing flask. Though I wonder if this can be sustained with increasing poison stacks.

This idea just came to me at work so I did not get a chance to test it out yet.

We may need to drop blood rage to reduce the degen a bit.

Let me know what you think.
No mitigation outside of immunity could deal with the reflected damage. Just imagine what would happen if you attack a pack of 10 enemies, when said attack causes 100k poison DPS (random number).
Even if you have 99% damage mitigation, you'd still be taking 10k damage per second just from one multistrike.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 12, 2018, 8:52:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info