[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

was gonna do this build as a league starter for 3.5 do you believe its still viable as a starter after the ms nerfs? also do the changes to herald of agony effect the build at all? and with bestiary being permanent now do you recommend those gloves over the fire ones?
Last edited by Rushdown13028 on Dec 5, 2018, 4:42:08 AM
"
Rushdown13028 wrote:
was gonna do this build as a league starter for 3.5 do you believe its still viable as a starter after the ms nerfs? also do the changes to herald of agony effect the build at all? and with bestiary being permanent now do you recommend those gloves over the fire ones?
Check out my notes, the build performs better at lower gear levels now.
Most MS builds are fine actually, the worst damage nerf I saw is only about 10%.

The only build that is affected by the HoA changes is Occultist, and only on the Profane Bloom explosions.

My glove recommendation is still the same. Pick which ones you prefer and if Fenumus is too expensive, get Volkuur's.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 5, 2018, 5:50:28 AM
Has anybody started a fresh league with this build? I'm leaning towards this.

I enjoyed it very much in Delve and I think it should perform well in Betrayal.

@OP when you update the POB please update the leveling skill trees as well. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Has anybody started a fresh league with this build? I'm leaning towards this.

I enjoyed it very much in Delve and I think it should perform well in Betrayal.

@OP when you update the POB please update the leveling skill trees as well. :)
I've never used this build for a fresh start, but from my experience a 4l HoAg can handle the game on it's own up to yellow maps.
As long as you have some life and mana on hit you need pretty much no damage gear until you reach endgame.

The skill trees haven't changed; I'll try to update just before the start.
Builds and Guides:
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Dec 5, 2018, 6:18:56 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
I've never used this build for a fresh start, but from my experience a 4l HoAg can handle the game on it's own up to yellow maps.
As long as you have some life and mana on hit you need pretty much no damage gear until you reach endgame.

The skill trees haven't changed; I'll try to update just before the start.

Thanks for the response!

I'm curious: Why haven't you used it as a starter?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Thanks for the response!

I'm curious: Why haven't you used it as a starter?
The first time I played it I went full poison duration lgoh meme, there was no guide, damage reference or anything else. I had no clue how much damage it did, and instead just tried to scale it as well as possible.
Turns out I didn't need that much damage, which is why the skill tree is mainly life nodes.
You wouldn't want that as a starter.

Second time I didn't plan to play it at all since I prefer fresh builds, but Delve had a lot of late discovered additions to poison so I figured why not.
Builds and Guides:
Tree updated, the leveling pathing has slightly changede because there's only one Wildfire jewel now.

PoB is only missing the Multiple Totems support gem.
Builds and Guides:
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for the build! I discovered it late Delve League and decided I'd play it in Betrayal League, even with the MS changes. It's a very fun build! :D

I've made a discovery and I'm curious on your thoughts. I just found Hits Can't Be Evaded as a weapon mod.I discovered it unveiling a weapon. It's very expensive at 3EX, lol. :/ Makes me surprised I got it so early. I guess RNG threw me a bone. Would it be viable to enchant a claw with this and replace Lycosidae with another shield? Since, from what I understand, Lycosidae is in the build specifically because it has that mod on it.

Love to read your thoughts. Take care and GL this league! :)
"
WillSerenity wrote:
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for the build! I discovered it late Delve League and decided I'd play it in Betrayal League, even with the MS changes. It's a very fun build! :D

I've made a discovery and I'm curious on your thoughts. I just found Hits Can't Be Evaded as a weapon mod.I discovered it unveiling a weapon. It's very expensive at 3EX, lol. :/ Makes me surprised I got it so early. I guess RNG threw me a bone. Would it be viable to enchant a claw with this and replace Lycosidae with another shield? Since, from what I understand, Lycosidae is in the build specifically because it has that mod on it.

Love to read your thoughts. Take care and GL this league! :)

Make a delve claw with 60% more poison damage + other good mods & add that mod. Replace it with whatever you want, a nice rare or lioneye's would be good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info