[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Infiltrator wrote:
Would a rare, fossil rolled helm work as best in slot? I am not 100% sure if modifiers differ based on item type, but a helmet can lower the chaos resistance of nearby enemies (rolled -9% myself), which should boost damage by a huge margin, right? On top of that, I think it wouldn't be that hard to roll some life/resist or even more desired fossil modifiers considering how you can have a more deterministic approach to crafting now.
Yep, should be the best option right now if you can manage to get good life/res rolls.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
What about jewelry? Elder for non chaos as added chaos I’m guessing? And hysteria life on hit rings lol :) gotta have an infinite crafting goal to go with infinite dungeons
"
Adam320 wrote:
What about jewelry? Elder for non chaos as added chaos I’m guessing? And hysteria life on hit rings lol :) gotta have an infinite crafting goal to go with infinite dungeons
Elder is mainly for life on hit, you can craft added chaos or fire (Volkuur's) for a small bonus.
Hysteria rings aren't worth it imo; only a small amount of your damage comes from physical, the majority is added chaos/fire.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Adam320 wrote:
Elder is mainly for life on hit, you can craft added chaos or fire (Volkuur's) for a small bonus.
Hysteria rings aren't worth it imo; only a small amount of your damage comes from physical, the majority is added chaos/fire.

I get them confused, sorry. I meant delirium for 40% psn dmg
Hey im currently playing a pathfinder version of this build switching from a caustic arrow/toxic rain attempt and i just fiddled in PoB to see how much worse it is... and i was shocked really. The assassin having somewhere around 900k dps with balls and a pathfinder with all the same gear and passives almost having around 70k. Did i do something wrong in PoB or is pathfinder just not worth playing, since it seems to me that this much dmg would outweigh the perma flasks and reduced ele dmg taken ?
"
Adam320 wrote:
I get them confused, sorry. I meant delirium for 40% psn dmg
Honestly it would probably be near impossible to get a delirium ring that's worth it, I wouldn't bother with it.

"
petekf wrote:
Hey im currently playing a pathfinder version of this build switching from a caustic arrow/toxic rain attempt and i just fiddled in PoB to see how much worse it is... and i was shocked really. The assassin having somewhere around 900k dps with balls and a pathfinder with all the same gear and passives almost having around 70k. Did i do something wrong in PoB or is pathfinder just not worth playing, since it seems to me that this much dmg would outweigh the perma flasks and reduced ele dmg taken ?
Most of this build's damage comes from stacking poison duration via Noxious Strikes.
It might work on Pathfinder, but I don't think it's going to be good. I have a pretty long comparison in my update log.
Builds and Guides:
Yeh i read the comparisson but it didnt seem that big just wanted to double check. Well thanks for the quick response here i go lvling an assassin then. Great build btw
why do we use Lycosidae? Would a Vagans Foild with "Hits can't be Evaded"
not be better?
"
iDT wrote:
not be better?
If you dual wield with Molten Strike, you'll alternate between weapons. The Vagan mod is local to the weapon, not global.

This means that if you dual-wield them, you'll first hit with Wasp Nest (which can miss) and after that with the Foil (which would do very little damage because it would probably have bad stats).
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 3, 2018, 6:43:01 PM
"
iDT wrote:
not be better?

This is where the difference between "Hits cant be evaded" and "Your hits cant be evaded" becomes apparent.
IGN: Interloper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info