[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Just wondering, is it possible to use a sword instead of a claw? I know that id be losing out on a ton of sustain from the LGoH. I guess the main reasoning is because I really dont like how claws look and would rather have the look of a sword. Sadly mtx dont arent able to solve this issue...
"
MistaChun wrote:
Just wondering, is it possible to use a sword instead of a claw? I know that id be losing out on a ton of sustain from the LGoH. I guess the main reasoning is because I really dont like how claws look and would rather have the look of a sword. Sadly mtx dont arent able to solve this issue...
Well it's not going to deal as much damage and your life recovery will be a lot worse, but yeah it should be possible.

1) Replace the claw wheel with the sword wheel.
2) Use a rare sword with chaos damage, crit and attack speed.
If you're using Volkuur's Guidance, get a sword with physical damage, crit and attack speed instead.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
This looks sweet!

I played a Molten Strike build with Grelwood Shank on a Jugg last league, has anybody played both builds and know how they compare?
livejamie
Any particular reason why you'd insist on a blind jewel? We have a flask that drops a smoke cloud so seems kinda overboard unless I'm missing something.
IGN: Interloper
"
Infiltrator wrote:
Any particular reason why you'd insist on a blind jewel? We have a flask that drops a smoke cloud so seems kinda overboard unless I'm missing something.

cloud is only on top of you for a few seconds, blind jewel would hit things farther away ( due to Multistrike/Ancestral call/AoE )
"
Infiltrator wrote:
The jewel is a much more reliable source of blind than the flask, while also having a lower opportinity cost.

The real question would be why I'm using the flask. :p
It's really only because Stibnite is a very efficient base with low charge cost, so it's easy to keep the warding effect up.
Other flasks, i.e. a Jade, would provide better defenses.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 8, 2018, 4:05:44 PM
Hi, I want to say that this is the most fun I've ever had with a build and thank you for it.

How do you feel about Riposte/Reckoning/Vengeance and what would you link with them? And could a freeze support work with the cold damage from Lycos for defense? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not exactly an expert at this game. I just like the counterattack gems but need to drop them if it's foolish and I need you to tell me.

Thanks!
"
tg08096 wrote:
Hi, I want to say that this is the most fun I've ever had with a build and thank you for it.

How do you feel about Riposte/Reckoning/Vengeance and what would you link with them? And could a freeze support work with the cold damage from Lycos for defense? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not exactly an expert at this game. I just like the counterattack gems but need to drop them if it's foolish and I need you to tell me.

Thanks!
Counterattacks aren't going to deal damage even if you build around them, they're waaaay to weak currently.
The only thing you can use them for is to trigger someeffect (i.e. curse on hit), but even then a CWDT gem is almost always better.

Got an Uber Elder vid up btw. :^)
Builds and Guides:
"
Haasts wrote:
Spoiler
Having a blast with this as an SSF league starter - LGOH as a mechanic's pretty useful in Delves when the lights go out vs invulnerable monsters, eh.

No luck with The Wasp Nest yet but plugging away at certain lower-tier maps for various div cards. I had The Embalmer drop so I replaced my 4L Molten Strike setup (haven't farmed up a Tabula yet) into those for the Vile Toxins support.

I've also had The Coming Calamity drop, and I juuust about make the Int requirements - was thinking about chucking my Herald of Agony setup in there. Realistically the most I could hope for is a 5L atm, and I'll have to use the Vorici socket method to roll enough non-blue sockets (though at least 1B for Minion Damage, and maybe a second for Minion Speed?) - what would your recommend for a 5/6L HoA?

Now up to L90 in SSF SC and slowly getting into red tier maps - drops haven't been kind, plus I've half-assedly tried to keep my T9/10s clear for Waste Pool/Shaped Toxic Sewer farming for grinding out Loreweave components.

Still no sign of The Wasp Nest ~100 chances in (plus various Diamond Flasks/Rawhide Tower Shields/Prismatic Rings), though I've had almost every other unique claw drop naturally ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Farmed up one set of The Rabid Rhoa (took ... 30-ish maps? Had hoped the drop rate would be higher) and immediately hit Int and Fire Damage on the Aug+Regal. Oh well, going to farm up another set but could always Scour then Alt/Aug until I hit chaos damage again.

Guess I should run another character up to A5 to get a second Wildfire jewel, but I'm half hoping one will drop naturally while I farm up other things.

Has anyone spent much time with the new fossil crafting system? Aberrant Fossil mods for helmets and belts seem promising, but my first attempt at a life+chaos helm ended up with the helm rolling a princely +3 to maximum life.

Also, anyone else tried swapping a Flesh Offering in with their CWDT setup to help with the delve bearer-style spiders?
Last edited by Haasts on Sep 9, 2018, 4:35:01 PM
have you ever consider putting yriel's fostering in the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info