[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
saxisa wrote:
Still having a ton of fun with this build! Having some small issues, and wondering if I'm doing something wrong (I probably am). Here's my gear:
Spoiler

And my tree:

I took a bit of extra int and then took another power charge just to see how it would work out. Armor requires high int, but has other stats I need. Also using whirling blades vs shield charge, only because it feels faster. Main challenge is I die a bit too often for my taste. Did white elder deathless, and can run most T8 maps, but I can't yet do Uber Lab. I'd give up some of my damage for life, but even with 5k life I'm still getting whacked. Normal at level 82 with this gear? I need to pick up the right flasks... but what else?
Uhm yeah you definitely want different flasks. There's a lot of choice, but I recommend 1-2 life and the rest utility or defensive flasks, also Coralito's Signature.
If you use Silver/Quicksilver flasks, Shield Charge will end up a lot faster than Whirling Blades.

Other than that you really just want more life (I assume you got oneshot in Uber Lab). Rat's Nest is ok but it tends to make you squishy, maybe consider a rare helmet with life and intelligence, that way you can drop the two skill points and put them into more life nodes.

Since you have pretty high int, you can try out Despair or Enfeeble instead of Temporal Chains, getting them to level 20 should be no issue for you.
Both are very strong and Enfeeble could help you out with your problem.

The Power Charge is one of the worst damage nodes you could've taken actually. :x
But since you want to be more tanky, I'd also just get life passives instead.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Great build! Been melting t15 with this for a few days now.

but if one would want to go with something like reave for this build, what would you recomend swaping out?
"
Bananaznana wrote:

but if one would want to go with something like reave for this build, what would you recomend swaping out?
As gem setup use Reave - Multistrike - Added Chaos - Melee Physical Damage - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins.
You also want Vaal Reave somewhere to increase your AoE. A 1-link is fine for that.

Lycosidae should be replaced for a stat-stick (probably Breath of the Council).
You'd need to get some accuracy on your gear and skill tree, but it'll be better than Lyco.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 16, 2018, 3:39:22 PM
I'd Like to Test - Council Breathing - What gems should I use in it?
shaper down, I'm super happy
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Bananaznana wrote:

As gem setup use Reave - Multistrike - Added Chaos - Melee Physical Damage - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins.
You also want Vaal Reave somewhere to increase your AoE. A 1-link is fine for that.

You'd need to get some accuracy on your gear and skill tree, but it'll be better than Lyco.

Very curious if this can work! I don't think damage will be a problem at all, but I suspect reave's smaller AOE and lack of healing in single target situations will cause a problem.

By the way I am really liking two +2 mana on hit jewels, I ditched Thief's Torment for two real rings. It is more than enough mana and wasp's nest alone seems to provide enough healing. Is Lycosidae really a must have? Lionseye gives me 9.4% more health, 16% physical damage reduction.

I also really love vile toxin over greater multiple projectiles for all but the most difficult single target boss fights. Not much of a damage loss, ENORMOUS LAG REDUCTION.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 17, 2018, 11:55:12 PM
"
jlbarbosa wrote:
I'd Like to Test - Council Breathing - What gems should I use in it?
Err no you should not use it as a weapon because it will alternate hits with Molten Strike.

The best way to use it is with a skill like Reave or Blade Flurry that can't use sceptres.
If you put it in your offhand, the character will only attack with Wasp Nest, but you will gain the 100% increased chaos damage from BoTC.

"
hitmantb wrote:
Very curious if this can work! I don't think damage will be a problem at all, but I suspect reave's smaller AOE and lack of healing in single target situations will cause a problem.

By the way I am really liking two +2 mana on hit jewels, I ditched Thief's Torment for two real rings. It is more than enough mana and wasp's nest alone seems to provide enough healing. Is Lycosidae really a must have? Lionseye gives me 9.4% more health, 16% physical damage reduction.

I also really love vile toxin over greater multiple projectiles for all but the most difficult single target boss fights. Not much of a damage loss, ENORMOUS LAG REDUCTION.
I think Reave is significantly larger AoE if you use it together with Vaal Reave, actually. Yeah, the main problem will be single target healing and maybe damage.

Strictly speaking Lycosidae is not a must, but it beats every other shield by a huge margin. You can see how much damage it gives you in PoB. If you drop it you definitely want to invest into accuracy.

Lioneye's is kind of a niche for facetanking I guess, but really only just because of the life it has. The armour only helps you out against smaller "barrage-type" attacks because of the way it's calculated. And even then it's not that effective because the build still lacks %phys reduction like Endurance Charges or a Basalt Flask.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 18, 2018, 5:04:00 AM
Hello, It's my first post here.
I started playing a few days ago and I'm using your build. It's great, but I have some questions.

Now I'm lvl 60 and I have most from your build except armour (i'm still using tabula rasa), because it's too expensive for me.

What about jewels? There are 2x wildfire crimson jewels, but in skill tree will probably work one? 3 slots don't have 40 strenght in jewel range or I understand it wrong?

What about chaos resistance? I have -30%, soon it will be -60%?
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Bananaznana wrote:

Finding a place for Vaal reave sould be quite easy, just remove the CWDT from blood rage/golem and replace it with Vaal reave (You will actually have to press buttons but sould be fine)

And if you drop the shield maybe dropping thievs is a good choise aswell to make up with accuracy etc.
The problem that remains is healing on single target.
Last edited by Bananaznana on Apr 20, 2018, 1:52:34 PM
"
Aleksiejs wrote:
Hello, It's my first post here.
I started playing a few days ago and I'm using your build. It's great, but I have some questions.

Now I'm lvl 60 and I have most from your build except armour (i'm still using tabula rasa), because it's too expensive for me.

What about jewels? There are 2x wildfire crimson jewels, but in skill tree will probably work one? 3 slots don't have 40 strenght in jewel range or I understand it wrong?

What about chaos resistance? I have -30%, soon it will be -60%?
The FAQ has an answer for your jewel question.

You don't need chaos resistance outside of some very specific builds or bossfights.
I know it looks weird having -60%, but it's totally fine because chaos damage is very low.

"
Bananaznana wrote:
Finding a place for Vaal reave sould be quite easy, just remove the CWDT from blood rage/golem and replace it with Vaal reave (You will actually have to press buttons but sould be fine)

And if you drop the shield maybe dropping thievs is a good choise aswell to make up with accuracy etc.
The problem that remains is healing on single target.
Reave has a bit higher upfront damage, so you can try to get leech in aswell.

Vitality Void and/or Atziri's Promise might do the trick.

Edit: I added an FAQ entry for lag, I think this might help a lot of players.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 21, 2018, 12:10:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info