[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Just curious --- why Acrobatics ---> (and when answered - why not further to Phase)??

With just Acrobatics --> We give up:

<50%> less armor
<30%> less energy shield & less block spells & attacks

But we get 30% chance to dodge

My question is not a challenge, just wanting to understand the bigger picture - by going through to Phase it seems considerably more beneficial.

I am currently lvl 75, I have over 4700 hp and haven't completed any of the Ascension parts nor have I reached "constitution" and all those other health nodes and everything just dies. With 17 pts remaining to place by lvl 92 I could realistically be at 6k hp+ - so if Acrobatics is good wouldn't phase be even more so.

Thanks

-- oh -- this is really a fun devastating build.

Suggestions on what (gear - gems - jewels) I should consider improving first is appreciated.

Acrobatics should be easy to understand:

This build doesn't get a lot of armour or physical damage reduction, so 50% less is honestly meaningless.
The same goes for ES, my character only has 116 without Acrobatics.

The block reduction is not that big of a deal either, it goes from 31% to 22%, but you gain Dodge.
Ignoring Evasion, attacks have a 69% chance to hit you without Acrobatics, but a 54.6% chance to hit you without it.

That means Acrobatics will give you a ~21% damage reduction against attacks - for one skill point.

So what about Phase Acrobatics?

Well first of all, Phase Acrobatics is actually really, REALLY good combined with Vaal Grace.
If you use those together, you end up with 74% dodge and 64% spelldodge.
Honestly, this is actually OP for what little investment it requires.

The only reason I don't use it is because I don't need it. The build already has so much life recovery that the greatest weakness are oneshots.
You can't counter those with chance-based mitigation, but only by getting a larger life pool.

Using four skill points to reach PA means giving up 300+ life. That's really all there is to it.

About your gear:

Since you somehow already have a 6l Belly, I'd get Lycosidae and level 21 Added Chaos Damage.
After that replace your belt with a Stygian Vise.
If you have problems with single target sustain get a Thief's Torment or Elder rings, otherwise the next upgrade would probably be an enchanted helmet.

Oh and you should probably change up your flasks. (I guess you're still leveling)

"
halloweendm wrote:
I've never tried a poison build before either, so this is really new for me in a lot of ways. Are there any other options to eke out a few more projectiles without messing up the build?
You must be crazy.

There are two ways to add more projectiles:
•Dying Sun
•Lesser Multiple Projectiles / Volley

Both of these aren't really efficient, but they won't screw up the build.

More attack speed would also result in more projectiles, of course. I.e. something like Berserkering in the passive tree.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 13, 2018, 12:46:32 PM
If the LMP and Volley aren't great, that's fine. I was just curious. I was looking at Berserking as well, since the build goes right past it.

I don't know if these are good options also, but what about getting Forces of Nature and/or Lava Lash? Both are a little out of the way, however they add a bit of damage and both penetrate resistances. I'm following your build, not trying to change it so much as trying to understand the how/why of things. Making good, efficient builds has always been a challenge for me.

"
You must be crazy.

Severe depression and PTSD to be exact. Took my doctors years to diagnose that, so its pretty fucking impressive that you can figure that out just from one forum post!
Level 87 BHC. Thanks for the effort on the build. I'm digging it and it this exile helped me out quite a bit with this league. Cheers!
Hi all, I have problem , I can't use all TC with Aspect of spider and arctic armor please advise what the reason
"
Shtilb111 wrote:
Hi all, I have problem , I can't use all TC with Aspect of spider and arctic armor please advise what the reason
95% chance it's because you have the wrong gems in your gloves. If you put anything other than Shield Charge in there, it will increase the mana reservation of Aspect of the Spider.

"
halloweendm wrote:
If the LMP and Volley aren't great, that's fine. I was just curious. I was looking at Berserking as well, since the build goes right past it.

I don't know if these are good options also, but what about getting Forces of Nature and/or Lava Lash? Both are a little out of the way, however they add a bit of damage and both penetrate resistances. I'm following your build, not trying to change it so much as trying to understand the how/why of things. Making good, efficient builds has always been a challenge for me.

"
You must be crazy.

Severe depression and PTSD to be exact. Took my doctors years to diagnose that, so its pretty fucking impressive that you can figure that out just from one forum post!
I know it might look like that, but the build does almost no fire damage.
The majority is actually chaos (which doesn't get converted by Molten Strike), so going for elemental damage isn't really worth it.

And well, you're literally the first person that asks me how to make performance worse. That's a dead giveaway :p
Builds and Guides:
Hi, loving the build. I have one question, i know this has alredy been discussed but i'm still not sure. We need the 100% chance to hit from lycosidae mostly for the life gain on hit right? Then wouldn't a second wasp nest be better (or a good stat stick?)? i mean we would hit less but would double the life gained on hit. Also the sword linkedsome page back

Spoiler
"
sd4888381 wrote:

Would this sword be any good for this build?

could be used instead of lycosidae to have a 6l in off hand and replace the chest with a kaom maybe?(i'm armour based instead of ev)
Last edited by spillo90 on Apr 14, 2018, 6:53:49 AM
"
spillo90 wrote:
Hi, loving the build. I have one question, i know this has alredy been discussed but i'm still not sure. We need the 100% chance to hit from lycosidae mostly for the life gain on hit right? Then wouldn't a second wasp nest be better (or a good stat stick?)? i mean we would hit less but would double the life gained on hit. Also the sword linked some page back could be used instead of lycosidae to have a 6l in off hand and replace the chest with a kaom maybe(i'm armour based instead of ev)?
Molten Strike alternates between weapons, so you can't use a stat stick.
The life gain on hit is local to the claw, that means if you alternate between two you still only get 40 + the lgoh from Thief's Torment.
The only thing you really get from dual-wielding is 10% more attack speed, which is the standard bonus.

Lycosidae is mainly there for the dps increase, but lgoh, block, life and (indirectly) poison duration are great bonuses aswell.
Builds and Guides:
"
Molten Strike alternates between weapons, so you can't use a stat stick.
The life gain on hit is local to the claw, that means if you alternate between two you still only get 40 + the lgoh from Thief's Torment.
The only thing you really get from dual-wielding is 10% more attack speed, which is the standard bonus.

Lycosidae is mainly there for the dps increase, but lgoh, block, life and (indirectly) poison duration are great bonuses aswell.

mm thought the life gain on hit would apply by both claws, mb.
Last edited by spillo90 on Apr 14, 2018, 11:37:21 AM
This build has been so much fun! I was able to do Shaper by 87 with the current gear

It was a tough fight because you cannot see when he is going to do certain attacks.

All in all my favorite build this league!
Still having a ton of fun with this build! Having some small issues, and wondering if I'm doing something wrong (I probably am). Here's my gear:
Spoiler

And my tree:

I took a bit of extra int and then took another power charge just to see how it would work out. Armor requires high int, but has other stats I need. Also using whirling blades vs shield charge, only because it feels faster. Main challenge is I die a bit too often for my taste. Did white elder deathless, and can run most T8 maps, but I can't yet do Uber Lab. I'd give up some of my damage for life, but even with 5k life I'm still getting whacked. Normal at level 82 with this gear? I need to pick up the right flasks... but what else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info