[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Hey guys, around what level would be a good time to use clear mind jewel and drop auras?
just 6l this chest with 10-15 fusings lol... POB shows 400k dps x 5 totems with 7 power charges up

I've been struggling with this FP totem build and your guide is just lightened my path.
Thank you so much for sharing ur experience and making effort posting this up.
I finally updated the skilltrees for anyone interested running this in Flashback.

This league Freezing Pulse has regained the status of one of the most popular totem builds (#1 in Synthesis HC). It should be a very good choice for Flashback.

I'm glad for all people enjoying the build. I even got a message from a korean guy who wants to translate my guide :).

"
7itachi7 wrote:
Hey guys, around what level would be a good time to use clear mind jewel and drop auras?

Normally you don't really wanna use auras once you pickup Mind over Matter. Clarity is still fine since it's flat reservation. You could also use Hatred or Zealotry for leveling if you wanna prioritize damage over survivability.

Theoretically you can pickup Clear Mind very early. I usually have been buying a few items once I start mapping, so that is a good time.
Last edited by VisorX on May 9, 2019, 10:38:04 AM
What gems do i remove if I choose to use Multitotems?
Logged in to say my thanks to VisorX and the rest of the people here giving their tips for this awesome build! I wanted to play a good freezing pulse build since open beta and this one drew my attention.

I returned to the game after a years break (stopped early at incursion) and while I played this build back then, I enjoyed it at its full extend this season.

The build worked perfectly in clearing maps with efficiency, It had room for movement speed improvements, and with some notable investments it could work with end game bosses too! This was my first time killing Uber elder as well!

Some opinions in gearing and questions (endgame mostly, as the early game is covered in detail on this build):

Helmet: I found Devoto's Devotion working fine with the build. While you lose some of the EHP from a stakonja's, it has the same dexterity benefits and the movement speed does wonders. If someone can get good defensive stats from the rest of the gear, Devoto's is great.
Optional Helmet: The new synthesis crafts give the opportunity to get a +17-19% increased elemental damage implicit, but it seems like its very expensive and hard to craft, and far more expensive and rare to get (plus the enchantment). I was lucky in crafting one, but i wouldnt recommend someone trying to get one, except people who had too much currency to waste and are avid crafters.
My helmet for reference:

Boots: Shaped boots with +totem damage give a significant damage boost without losing a lot of defensive stats. From what i've seen, they arent that expensive either.

Belts: Fossil crafting does wonders here. We can either craft a stygian belt, or a shaper belt if we get lucky in hitting caster mods. Increased elemental or cold damage give a hefty damage boost.

Gloves: I found gloves with the incursion mod Increased damage with hits against chilled enemies working very well in synergy with pandemonius. Also the betrayal mod Increased damage during any flask effect is great too. Fingerless gloves are great as a base.

Rings: Fossil crafting again does the trick here. Increased elemental or/and cold damage give a substantial damage boost. A good base for crafting is of course opal rings, or alternatively shaped rings (coral/diamond are preferred)

Flasks: Bottled faith is a great (but very expensive) addition to the build. While a regular sulphur flask wont do much due to the small consc. ground radius, this flask's effect covers the majority of the screen, making it very effective, applying +crit chance and increased damage taken to enemies most of the time. It also gives a nice life regen bonus, and 20/60 charges per use makes it pretty much spammable. If someone has enough currency to get it, it pays off.

Note to people who use this build for the first time: The build will work smoothly without getting the endgame items. Normal budget items will get you to the late game without investing too much, and these items are purely for convenience in the very latest stage of the game.

My items this late in the season:

Also a question: Did anyone used The eternity shroud body armour in this build? It seems like we can get a lot of relevant shaped items, and the extra chaos damage could make some impact. Or does the Loreweave is still GG for this build and the Eternity Shroud doesn't have any notable difference?

These were my 2c. Thanks again for sharing the build with us, and thanks for putting the effort to polish it. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Last edited by Aproponhtos on May 19, 2019, 1:50:13 PM
I was going with this Build in the Synthesis Flashback Event SRE001!

Iam very happy about that. Very strong and cheap, easy to gear. All content, Uber Elder is a joke and Cortex a snack ;)

+1 First Snow with 5% Damage
+1 Frist Snow with 10% Global Crit
+ Self Flag
+ Clear Mind

The most of the Gear is selfcrafted, all over i spend 30ex on it. The Shield is a bit stupid, takes me 12k alts to get totem with T1 crit.
Iam looking for a evasion base with the 30 % Projectile Speed entchant to craft life/%life/-9 cold Resi and Multimod than, but Starkonjas is very good choice.

All my uncapped resi´s are 90 so i can use Wise Oak for both of the effects.

Greetings from germany
and thanks for that Build.

First, thanks for Your funny build. I play totem hiero last two league. In this league with my not so good items:
I done almost all content including Uber Atziri and HoGM. I not done Uber Elder and Cortex (lack damage) and Aul (not meet).
Fast clear speed and wery cheap to start. I recommended this build to all, who want fun from game.
Sorry for my "english", is not my native language.
Last edited by 45MAREK on May 29, 2019, 12:24:31 PM
"
45MAREK wrote:
First, thanks for Your funny build. I play totem hiero last two league. In this league with my not so good items:
I done almost all content including Uber Atziri and HoGM. I not done Uber Elder and Cortex (lack damage) and Aul (not meet).
Fast clear speed and wery cheap to start. I recommended this build to all, who want fun from game.

Your gear seems messed up? Why do you have sunder and smite in boots? Also I thought people said totem builds can't really do Hall Of The Grandmaster
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
45MAREK wrote:

Your gear seems messed up? Why do you have sunder and smite in boots? Also I thought people said totem builds can't really do Hall Of The Grandmaster

I can easy do HotG ;) So its not a problem ;)
Last edited by Jens1987 on May 31, 2019, 4:48:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info