[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"

When leveling and gearing up.
Do I put more focus on getting the right amount of gem slots/colors for the build and getting those gems filled, or do I try get the better gear for survial, better res, more life, more damage and add the gems as I can?

I can reroll how many links/gem slots some item has but most of the time I don't have enough materials to do that often.

Thanks

You should always try to focus the gem link item for your spelltotem. It's your bread & butter, dead enemies can't kill you. A 3linked item should be easy with act 2 or act 3. A 4linked will drop soon, don't forget your crafting options. The damage boost is insane later.

The other gems aren't as much as importend as the spelltotem is. So don't mind if you can't link the flame dash. Prio next instead the Cast When Damage Takken.

After that, or at the same time, focus the resistances. A max resistance is the best way to survive any counter you will meet.

I'm now at act 8 hardcore and selffound, and my resistance are maxed, chaos is about +16% or so. In reason I died already once I had the "luck" to have two juwels. My damage, with a 4linked, is shown as over 9'700 without buffs. And I don't have any problems yet with enemies or bosses. Okay, some syndicate masters are horrable, but with patient they are doable :)
Last edited by Firderis on Dec 15, 2018, 4:09:49 PM
Thank you,
have you had to craft items to max your resistance?
I'm new to this game and I've not learnt much about crafting yet.
The main crafting you should do during leveling is to pick up white 4-links (which colors you need for a setup) and use essences on them.

All your other currency you can usually save up for later (unless you are HC SSF).

You don't have to be resist capped in softcore (while progressing through the story, in maps you should), but getting close to the cap is the best thing you can do for survivability.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 16, 2018, 7:53:50 AM
"
Thank you,
have you had to craft items to max your resistance?
I'm new to this game and I've not learnt much about crafting yet.

Not one of my items is crafted yet. Here is my actual progress:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/firderis/characters?characterName=FreezPulsFird
The best item is my wand, but everything else could be far better (the rings for example). I'm playing it as a SSF, and so far the luck is not with me :(

As wrote above, if you are playing softcore, you don't have to focus resistance as hard as in hardcore. But I would try to reach the cap as well (chaos resistance is an other thing...)
Last edited by Firderis on Dec 16, 2018, 12:28:35 AM
Had the "bad" luck to get this here:

Seems it will not be in need for that build, is that correct? :(
Thanks for the build it has been awesome so far.

Right now i'am trying to upgrade my shield from:

+64% spell damage
+35 intel
+60 life and 54 mana

To a shield with low stats like a bit of life and resist but a +1 to max summoned totems.

Since its an expensive upgrade I was wondering if its worth to drop so much stats like the ones i got in my actual shield, just to get the +1 totem.

Right now i can't sink more than 1.5 Ex into the shield, so do you think I should wait and buy a better one later ?

Last edited by Dizeen on Dec 18, 2018, 6:43:24 AM
The mod is very powerful upgrading us from 3 to 4 totems.

Its probably worth to just buy a garbage shield with the mod for 10c and save up 3ex+ to buy a really good shield and craft the mod on that (or pay someone for the crafting service).

I would not invest 1 ex into a mediocre shield which is probably gonna lose most of its value in the next days and weeks.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 18, 2018, 3:42:46 PM
visorx what about ancestral warchief corrupted (+ multiple totems+increased duration+faster attacks?) gem to use?
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Dec 18, 2018, 4:55:14 PM
Hi Visor,

Worth having Spiritual Aid?

"
4lin wrote:
visorx what about ancestral warchief corrupted (+ multiple totems+increased duration+faster attacks?) gem to use?

Ancestral Warchief is an attack, not a spell, so it would do pretty much no damage for us. Don't know if I understand you correctly.

"
Salvatron wrote:
Hi Visor,

Worth having Spiritual Aid?

According to my PoB Spiritual Aid is 11.3% more damage for 5 skillpoints.
Celestial Judgement and Snowforged are both 8.3% more damage for 3 skillpoints and are both on the edge of making the cut.
So damagewise, Spiritual Aid is the not especially good.

I see 2 reasons to still go Spiritual Aid:
- You want to use a Bone Helmet and not invest into an enchant. (could be very nice for SSF)
- You really want to stack liferegen and going Spiritual Aid also gives you 1% liferegen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info