[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

very nice build
can tanky all boss :P
. wrong thread
Last edited by cirf on Apr 5, 2018, 4:56:48 PM
godlike build, managed to kill 2man hp uber elder solo. I approve!
took a look at mana regen nodes and altered a few paths, would you mind taking a look at this tree for me and let me know what you think, its for a 100 instead of 95, basically for a 95 i would just drop the heart of flame path

https://pastebin.com/w1WbiDH1

i basically dropped coldhearted calculation / quick recovery / and retribution

then picked up herbalism/ exploasive impact / heart of flame

this got rid of all the mana regen nodes that you had and makes it feel much better on the mana de gen side while keeping most of the life by picking up herbalism with the added flask effect, and then some nice damage nodes
Last edited by xXEdgeXx10 on Apr 7, 2018, 6:43:11 AM
i have 7 more passive points, if i followed the tree (following twin elder kill setup) what should i go for?
Any idea why am I getting onehited?

5306 life
380 mana cost
0.18 sec attack time
"
gvarph wrote:

5306 life
380 mana cost
0.18 sec attack time

I can't understand why you have such low life with that gear... Can you make your character public?

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay in answers, please repeat any question that I forgot to answer.

"
doChl wrote:
would a starkonja with volatile dead enchant be better or the new indigo helmet?

Indigon is a different spec, see what I linked in thread. With blood magic zerphi is more consistent, this build is more about tanking that fast kill, and for that this spec is better.

"
doChl wrote:
am i right that u use vitality because of your watchers eye? so if i cant afford it and go with fire penetration + grace or something i choose my second aura after my watchers eye stats and drop vitality instead?=

Yes. Other auras work too, I just prefer consistent tankiness over faster kill.

"
KingReaperYul wrote:
is the watchers eye mendatory to face tank uber elder? whats the minimum life recovery rate that u recommend?

No, if you set up pantheon to proc the 50% from that is already high enough. I would say around 20k to tank full series of shaper balls, but if you only tank 1 and move out of the rest its even less.

"
Kaegyn wrote:
Which type of corrupted Poet's Pens would be ideal? I have a culling and just corrupted a level 1 ele proliferation but not sure how effective that is. And without the need for culling gem what is ideal?

There is no other important support for Unearth, it's damage is negligible, so you can just do another active them there if you want, Bodyswap or curse etc, but the global 15% spell implicit is fine too.

"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Good job, without even having Uber Lab complete too. I'm still sitting at 12/15 orbs without even knowing where to go next. Have gotten red elder 3 times now and haven't had another nice purple circle pop up. Was so much better when you actually knew where to go to get the shaper orbs.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Memory_Fragment
and as far as they are not fixing this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ao2o4/psa_you_can_get_last_fragment_on_any_map_through/

"
intre wrote:
Can we swap on the gloves the mod chance to bleed for Poison? It has a 135% mana multi.

Yes, obviously those are just for the highest mana cost possible.

"
BlRTH wrote:
just rolled my character to this build and finished gearing but I seem to have a damage problem. Any help?
Path of building says some of my jewels offer more damage than those unique ones, should i still swap?

Make sure your attack speed is right, you are not too fast, you are casting the spells at each attack. Make sure your wise oak is working, Fire must be your highest resistance. Try to get an enchanted helmet, and an anger penetration watcher's eye.

"
atolleso wrote:
Do we have to manually recast Blood Rage every 8 seconds or so during boss fights to keep it rolling?

Mine is 12-17 seconds long with duration support, and most boss fights have some adds that auto refresh it, but during uber you sometimes have to press it yes.

"
intre wrote:
Is worth taking Primal Spirit node?
Another question, can we link Blood Rage to Cast When Damage Taken?
And one last question. Arakaali's pantheon (Arachnoxia) is 50% increased recovery rate of life and ES IF you've stopped taking DoT recently. The problem here is that as far as I know, Blood Rage is a Damage over Time, does it apply anyway?

You will regen too much mana with Primal Spirit probably, so you should only take it if you use RF, or you mainly farm uber only and you always stand in the ground degens.
I prefer manually casting Blood Rage, CWDT works for most of the time, but sometimes you need a manual cast too, best would be to do a manual and a CWDT too if you can fit it in, so you don't have to worry about forgetting pressing it.
Arakaali is procced when you get hit, Immortal Call stops BR.

"
Faendris wrote:
How do you guys feel about:

For mapping I do think that it is quite nice - the additional phys reduction from the endu charges works very well. I am not yet at uber elder - not sure if that contains enough mobs to keep the charges up.

Because the build has CWDT Immortal Call it would be consumed by that, and during that you regen mana, and you don't get the chaos dmg cus of Avatar of fire, so imo not worth it, if you already have it for mapping its ok.

"
jim_Bonks wrote:
Newer player here... Is there a video that explains how to set this build up with the scaling and all... I have accumulated some currency from running lab and want to throw it as this build.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Sorry, I don't have one, just read the post. I'll try to improve it further when I have time.

"
flask life recovery rate is working?

No it doesn't, I tested it myself.

"
feelthepain wrote:
How much ex are we talking about for a clean map clear / uber elder killer(doesnt have to be "facetanking" everything, just regular, deathless build when you do the mechanics)? I wanna try this build, have about 40ex right now.
And any leveling advices(items, gem setups important passives to get etc.) for smooth leveling(gonna level a new character from zero so 1-100 :D ?)

I already mentioned gear progression in thread, if you need more details just look up a generic Poet VD guide that has that section. I don't know the exact costs, I posted my gear so you just have to look it up, 40 ex will be enough I think.

"
doChl wrote:
can any1 explain the cooldwon mechanic? if i have 4 attacks per second, do i still need cooldown reduction or is that just to maximize the attacks with less than 4aps?

Without CDR gear you can have around 3.7 APS, with 35% CDR it can go up to around 5 APS, usually you want attack time a bit higher than your cooldown, but always test it in combat with some spell that is easy to notice like bodyswap, so you can see if it skips a cast or not.

"
xXEdgeXx10 wrote:
took a look at mana regen nodes and altered a few paths, would you mind taking a look at this tree for me and let me know what you think, its for a 100 instead of 95, basically for a 95 i would just drop the heart of flame path
https://pastebin.com/w1WbiDH1
i basically dropped coldhearted calculation / quick recovery / and retribution
then picked up herbalism/ exploasive impact / heart of flame
this got rid of all the mana regen nodes that you had and makes it feel much better on the mana de gen side while keeping most of the life by picking up herbalism with the added flask effect, and then some nice damage nodes

With a Kaom's Heart I already degen enough mana, so I don't think it's necessary

"
deo_thegod wrote:
i have 7 more passive points, if i followed the tree (following twin elder kill setup) what should i go for?

Don't follow the twin kill setup, it wasn't optimised at all, it's just for showcase. For the spare points I would say it's only preference, life or damage or utility, at those levels you will have enough experience to decide.

"
gvarph wrote:

Open your profile's character panel on the site, so we can see flasks, passives etc. Gear looks fine, but your attack speed is too high without cooldown gear, so you are losing out on dps.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I put together some gear and leveled to 88 now and boy its fun :D I'm not sure how to calculate things like APS, cooldown reduction and life recovery rate so I wanted to ask if I'm doing anything wrong. Any tips for what to upgrade next? And should I try Uber Elder?

My profile is public and this is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/BGCHjJsL

Also this is the gear I'm currently using.

Just facetanked the hell out of uber elder for the first time :)

Also + 5x fevered mind.

Super clean kill and just need good flask management, don't even need to move with all the physical damage mitigation + almost invulnerability to cold.

For mapping I put these on and can farm even guardians/shaper with 0 issues, RF on 24/7:

Easily the strongest build I have ever played. Only cannot do reflect maps, but whoever has the budget to run it also has the budget to roll over a few maps.

I modified the tree alot but the core stuff is there.

Great job, OP!
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Apr 9, 2018, 3:30:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info