[3.2] Icy "The Cat" Shieldmaiden (Spectral Shield Throw, 90% Ele, Deadeye, Aspect of the Cat)

"
birdis0n wrote:
Update 09.03.2018:
- Switched rats with Starkonjas for more HP and defense
- I could improve the tree by 3 points
- More HP from the tree
- 1 more Frenzy charge

PoB: https://pastebin.com/6k9fiyw1

I hope I can add soon a new vid I have some bad luck with mapdrops atm..

EDIT: I removed now Point Blank and use Decoy Totem to keep Bosses far, it works rly good :) thanks for your feedback!

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying it!

I'm also converted by your build, I've dropped EO and decided to go crit after all. Still with more life than you take and a bit more regen (so Damage on Full Life actually works with Blood Rage on) but nonetheless crit. It just has more potential and if I can hit 6.5k life with a crit build, that's good enough for me. 8k is kind of overkill. At that point, a good offense becomes the better defense.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
You are using Fork. Instantly dropped this guide.
"
LoveLsy wrote:

That's your loss mate. His guide is solid.

I think I did it, mate. I think I found a way to happily marry our builds together.

Behold: https://pastebin.com/ePsBkWwH

It's a Crit build using a Blasphemy Projectile Weakness setup, so it uses Shield Charge to more easily proc and keep up Fortify and get up close, using Point Blank for massive damage while doing so, Fork for AOE map clearing with Powerful Precision for the pierce and crit chance on shards. It gives up Power Charges all together, but comes out on top damage wise due to being able to use Elemental Focus, don't have to shatter anymore. Also can wear Kaom's Roots since the sockets are no longer needed for massive life boost, going up to 7.5k at lvl 90, stun, freeze, chill and temp chains immunity, which is nice for an up close and personal build. I skip the Frenzy Charges, because we're not a Raider and they won't be up on bosses realistically.

It's the polar opposite of the sniper you're playing, but what do you think? :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Mar 9, 2018, 6:21:54 PM
"
LoveLsy wrote:

True I use Fork for mapping, Fork works rly good btw I would say Chain does not. For Solotargets I switch Fork if u did read it. What I did not test so far since I use Fork is Ewars maybe I should give this 1 chain a try again. Thanks for the feedback!

I think im not alone with this opinion -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091697 - I rly like his version of SST too its pretty similar

"
Xavathos wrote:
I think I did it, mate. I think I found a way to happily marry our builds together.

Behold: https://pastebin.com/ePsBkWwH

It's a Crit build using a Blasphemy Projectile Weakness setup, so it uses Shield Charge to more easily proc and keep up Fortify and get up close, using Point Blank for massive damage while doing so, Fork for AOE map clearing with Powerful Precision for the pierce and crit chance on shards. It gives up Power Charges all together, but comes out on top damage wise due to being able to use Elemental Focus, don't have to shatter anymore. Also can wear Kaom's Roots since the sockets are no longer needed for massive life boost, going up to 7.5k at lvl 90, stun, freeze, chill and temp chains immunity, which is nice for an up close and personal build. I skip the Frenzy Charges, because we're not a Raider and they won't be up on bosses realistically.

It's the polar opposite of the sniper you're playing, but what do you think? :)

I will check it soon :)

Edit: This build looks very promising update me how it is going, I just miss the power charges. About frenzy charges my hope is to get hands on aspect of the cat the only problem is that the chest costs 8ex :) because then I will drop bloodrage.

I will also go for Powerful Precision and skip far shot it makes more sens overall. I also will switch Damage on Full Life meanwhile with Maim, the build Im planning atm in PoB will most likely exchange Damage on Full Life with Physical Projectile Damage
Last edited by birdis0n on Mar 10, 2018, 4:49:38 AM
IMO-> Delete all the PoB and leave only 1 realistic until lvl 92.

level 100 skill tree is not realistic at all.
"
Balantakos wrote:
IMO-> Delete all the PoB and leave only 1 realistic until lvl 92.

level 100 skill tree is not realistic at all.

Thanks for the feedback, im still working on the guide :) here is my latest PoB with lvl 92 -> https://pastebin.com/Q86pjp09, I will update the guide next week

Edit: I deleted all and just postet this one and xavathos version
Last edited by birdis0n on Mar 10, 2018, 8:49:44 AM
I've updated mine today.

It's roughly the same as yesterday but with 1 major difference.

Gear:
Kaom's Roots out
4L rare Boots in (need the sockets)

Gems:
Blasphemy out
Faster Attacks out (from Shield Charge)

Curse on Hit in (on Shield Charge)
Projectile Weakness moved to Shield Charge

Herald of Ice in
Curse on Hit in (on Herald of Ice)
Assassin's Mark in (on Herald of Ice)

Elemental Focus out (from Shield Throw)
Increased Critical Damage in (on Shield Throw)

This way you give up permanent curse and faster attacks on shield charge, which is mostly QoL imo.
You keep Projectile Weakness on the most important targets (rares, bosses) while keeping your Fortify up anyway with Shield Charge. You gain Herald of Ice (EXPLOSIONS?!?!) and on death it overwrites the curse with Assassin's Mark to grant you Power Charges, which makes for a big chunk of extra damage for a crit build. This won't overwrite projectile weakness on bosses, due to the nature of HoI CoH explosions triggering on death, while still providing the juicy charges on map clears.

You also give up some raw damage though. Ele Focus is 12% better than the second best option, Critical Damage. But you can't run it with Herald, because you won't ever shatter, thus proc Herald to then apply the curse and gain the charges. This is necessary change for this setup, but it still comes out on top damage wise. Best of both worlds, I think. :)

Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/2PzN0J82

Last edited by Xavathos on Mar 10, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
Added a new video again from T11 Liar but with some improvements: https://youtu.be/aG-aYM2eQmA

- Uberlab done (vid with all ascendancy points)
- Optimized tree
- Slightly better/improved gear
- Gems are nearly all 20/0
"
birdis0n wrote:
"
Cryxx wrote:
I have a similar build. I am tweaking it now.

Powerful precision is fine.

The initial throw cannot pierce, so what is piercing is explosion projectiles after it forks.

Have those go through others and pierce is great.

Also I'm not sure I'd use point blank. The reasoning is the explosion part of SST is not going to reset the initial distance for point blank. It doesn't for fork or chain, so I doubt it does for SST.
So you basically have giving yourself a -50% dmg on the inital toss (the max distance for point blank is 10, which is really short), and then -50% on the explosions projectiles.

I'm using ewars as I'm almost too maps but I wanted to try some things out. Tweaking before maps.

I'm still unsure on chain, thinking on taking it out cuz I'm using powerful pre, I'll try with fork.

Hi thanks for the feedback :)

Throws a spectral copy of your shield as a projectile which cannot pierce...

You are right I forgot about that, means that pierce is actually awesome for mapping.. this must be very nice for mapping combined with fork because I guess also the forked shields will not pierce so when they explode you have 16 projectiles which are piercing :O

On the other hand with Rupture you will do more singletargetdamage I think it depends what you prefer, I will go for Rupture still.

Point Blank is also for me not very clear atm combined with far shot, if it means that I do more dmg at midrange it is ok if not then I should maybe drop it - Can someone 100% clarify this maybe? I researched already but im still not sure :D but for the most bosses I will be nearly at melee range and evade their attacks with whirling blades because thats my playstyle - I will tweek a bit in PoB and will try to find something out.

I would recommend fork instead of chain and if you take Powerful Precision mapping should be very fun and they have 100% critchance :D so a lot of explosionstuffs (actually thats perfect for the EO version not?)

yeah. shield throw initial throw can not pierce. So, PP only activates on the aoe proj nova, giving tremendous pack clear, without chain or fork even. If you take PP, you may not even need Fork. Its a great ease of use tool for SST before links, or mapping. order should be Gathergind wing for movespeed, PP for peirce/crit, Rupture in a crit build/farshot in EO, then fast and deadly for hit chance and raw damage in high teir maps.
helps immensely vs those allies are immune..

point blank. I highly recommend it. SST is a namelock skill. if you are trying to snipe with it, you will miss often. you cant just throw it at an area like a tornado shot, and expect it to work. face tanking is far and away the most effective. the speed from an anc protector is super ideal as well, further emphasizing the use of point blank.
boss vs trash. Faster projectiles does effectively counteract with Point blank. the further then go, the less damage they do. however, the targets of this travel are always trash packs. There is a rarely a scenario where you should care. the PRIME dps is whatever you are targeting.
Far shot vs PB. afaik, no one has actually confirmed they operate in a 1:1 for distance.
Farshot is 0-30% more. Pointblank is 50% more to 50% LESS. 0-10range you deal 50% more. at full range, you deal 35% less, or 65% of damage. (more and less modifiers multiply into each other, not add. so its not 50%-30%=20%. its 100%damage x1.30 for 130% damage farshot x.5 for 65% damage with farshot and PB.)
Notice PoB doesnt calculate farshot. no one is entirely sure on distance math... is there a point where PB AND farshot are both increasing damage, for a sweetspot? no one knows. PB is 50% more from 0-10. does FS kick in before that? 10-35 PB drops from 50% more-0. FS should absolutely be working at that point. but how much? is there a point, where you can get more then 50% more?
If so, exactly at 10 range, or between 10-15range is likely.

I went EO because I thought it would be easier/cheaper for a SSF build. higher life, regen, resists.

All my math does suggest crit in the shadow passive area is more potential dps however.

PS. Arrow dancing is really, really good. Far better then acrobatics. any time you are near it. you should probably grab it.
Take your PoB. 74% evade chance. with arrow dancing. 59% vs melee, 95% vs projectiles.

Last edited by Casia on Mar 11, 2018, 9:03:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info