[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

maybe a watcher's eye with % dmg gained as mana under even a lv 1 clarity could replace the praxis ring.
Hey GornoDD.

I played your claw ele inquisitor in abyss and it's been the strongest char I've played so far. Currently in the process of leveling this build. I've got a question regarding single target dps.

In abyss using your ele claw build, I was able to delete Minotaur within the duration of the Dying Sun flask, in your Minotaur video it takes considerably longer to kill him [granted I have no idea what gear you used in the video].

You also state that this build has approximately 5M shaper dps, while your ele claw inquisitor has 11M dps [33M bullshit dps]. Now you claim that this build has "little less single target dps" but the difference is over 50%.

Would you care to explain or comment on this? Cheers!
Last edited by Pwness on Mar 19, 2018, 2:10:14 AM
"
Pwness wrote:
Hey GornoDD.

I played your claw ele inquisitor in abyss and it's been the strongest char I've played so far. Currently in the process of leveling this build. I've got a question regarding single target dps.

In abyss using your ele claw build, I was able to delete Minotaur within the duration of the Dying Sun flask, in your Minotaur video it takes considerably longer to kill him [granted I have no idea what gear you used in the video].

You also state that this build has approximately 5M shaper dps, while your ele claw inquisitor has 11M dps [33M bullshit dps]. Now you claim that this build has "little less single target dps" but the difference is over 50%.

There comes a point where you have to start considering 'relevant dps' Shaper has 20 million hp and 3 phases. At 5 million Shaper dps and 3345340580354358 quadrillion you aren't actually feeling much of a meaningful difference in terms of time spent fighting him despite the dps being lower.
"
Sarasin wrote:
"
Pwness wrote:
Hey GornoDD.

There comes a point where you have to start considering 'relevant dps' Shaper has 20 million hp and 3 phases. At 5 million Shaper dps and 3345340580354358 quadrillion you aren't actually feeling much of a meaningful difference in terms of time spent fighting him despite the dps being lower.

Very true. The LL RF builds that are currently farming Uber Elder have even much less dps (around 1-3m). THey succeed because of their massive tankyness. Dps can carry you only so far. Im currently working heavy on improving the tankyness of this build. Testing "Pious Path" at the moment. Its actually better than I thaught. However its more consistant than I thought, but its not as constistent as it needs to be imho. Im very torn if its viable. When the ground procs and you can stand inside you really feel the massive tankyness it provides. Still not sure if its good enough. It might be for hardcore players...
is inquis the best class for magma orb gloomfang? or are assassin or deadeye better options?
"
GornoDD wrote:

Very true. The LL RF builds that are currently farming Uber Elder have even much less dps (around 1-3m). THey succeed because of their massive tankyness. Dps can carry you only so far. Im currently working heavy on improving the tankyness of this build. Testing "Pious Path" at the moment. Its actually better than I thaught. However its more consistant than I thought, but its not as constistent as it needs to be imho. Im very torn if its viable. When the ground procs and you can stand inside you really feel the massive tankyness it provides. Still not sure if its good enough. It might be for hardcore players...

Speaking of Uber Elder and pretty much all end game boss fights after some consideration it seems to me that enfeeble simply isn't worth it against the top end bosses. For several reasons, firstly the 80% less effect of curses is simply brutal and means enfeeble isn't going to be putting in crazy value no matter how you slice it. Secondly and more importantly we are using enfeeble as a blasphemy curse which almost directly conflicts with the optimal play style for gloomfang. We do not want to be right in a bosses face spamming magma orb as that would be an absolutely massive dps hit. It seems to me that a significant amount of time is going to be spent outside of blasphemy range.

My recommendation is swapping out Windshriek for Kaom's roots and enfeeble-blasphemy for Herald of Ash. We can take the socket loss by removing enlighten and moving clarity to a 3L which would probably be Herald of Ash - Clarity - Blood Rage. Though blood rage is hardly ideal for boss fights as well so whatever your preference is. Doing this should give significantly more survivability than the enfeeble setup against the top end game bosses. It is especially nice in Uber Elder because currently we have to worry about being frozen and there is basically cold damage absolutely everywhere in Uber Elder. Allows more wiggle room in the flask slots too if someone wanted to use more unique flasks for some reason.

I actually do think enfeeble is still fantastic for general mapping survivability turning a normally very tanky character into a character an extremely tanky one. Not going to get shanked by some prox shield abyss mob with crit or something with enfeeble on that is for sure.
Last edited by Sarasin on Mar 21, 2018, 6:46:00 AM
To OP, have you thought about or tried an Assassin version? Seems like it could be really strong as well.
"
MrMustang wrote:
To OP, have you thought about or tried an Assassin version? Seems like it could be really strong as well.

Yeah but its kind of a diffrent build. For Assassin I would definately take double void batterys. It would have quite a bit more damage but also be somewhat squishy without getting some pretty damn expensive gear. Inquis seems to be more "starter-friendly".

As announced I will post a major update to the guide on saturday that will hold many many big improvements.

I have progressed to spawning the uber-elder guardians just 5 minutes ago. I need to fix my recording software to record their takedowns and hopefully uber-elder is soon to follow.
"
Sarasin wrote:

Speaking of Uber Elder and pretty much all end game boss fights after some consideration it seems to me that enfeeble simply isn't worth it against the top end bosses. For several reasons, firstly the 80% less effect of curses is simply brutal and means enfeeble isn't going to be putting in crazy value no matter how you slice it. Secondly and more importantly we are using enfeeble as a blasphemy curse which almost directly conflicts with the optimal play style for gloomfang. We do not want to be right in a bosses face spamming magma orb as that would be an absolutely massive dps hit. It seems to me that a significant amount of time is going to be spent outside of blasphemy range.

My recommendation is swapping out Windshriek for Kaom's roots and enfeeble-blasphemy for Herald of Ash. We can take the socket loss by removing enlighten and moving clarity to a 3L which would probably be Herald of Ash - Clarity - Blood Rage. Though blood rage is hardly ideal for boss fights as well so whatever your preference is. Doing this should give significantly more survivability than the enfeeble setup against the top end game bosses. It is especially nice in Uber Elder because currently we have to worry about being frozen and there is basically cold damage absolutely everywhere in Uber Elder. Allows more wiggle room in the flask slots too if someone wanted to use more unique flasks for some reason.

I actually do think enfeeble is still fantastic for general mapping survivability turning a normally very tanky character into a character an extremely tanky one. Not going to get shanked by some prox shield abyss mob with crit or something with enfeeble on that is for sure.

I actually did drop enfeeble for this build already. Your absolutely right in that regard. Freeing about 35% mana is almost like receiving 35% less damge wich is the effect that enfeeble pretty much boils down to, given you have enough mana regen to back it up. The diffrence is, that its there for you, even on endgame bosses.

I did pick up level 1 clarity and watchers eye jewel with 20% mana return from damage. This is pretty damn fantastic to be honest. You can feel a massive jump in tankyness.

The open ringslot is filled with a good Damage/Resist Ring or the new

It has some seriously good stats for this build and since were already using an elder ring in the other slot we get tha fat spell damage boost and 10% life.

For boots I took bunonic trail for their overall big life boost with some good jewels and a bit of damage and tier1 movement speed.
Yeah I was thinking Void Battery Assassin. Still not 100% decided. I'll checkout your update this weekend, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info