[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

Swapped out enfeeble for purity of ice, ran several uber elder runs but all failed.
The degen on the ground is too deadly for the build, even with pantheon. Also, once hit by crit, it's basically one hit kill.

Had 5.3k life and almost 1k mana with 200k dps sitting at ho (conc effect).
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:
Swapped out enfeeble for purity of ice, ran several uber elder runs but all failed.
The degen on the ground is too deadly for the build, even with pantheon. Also, once hit by crit, it's basically one hit kill.

Had 5.3k life and almost 1k mana with 200k dps sitting at ho (conc effect).

Im partly sorry that it didnt work out and also happy you took the effort to try so hard. Unfortunately Im not yet done with grind to take him on myself. I would really appretiate more feedback.

If this build cant really take him in its current state I will make it work, I give you my promise. In my time playing PoE I never shyed away from a challange.

If the degen is the main problem there are several ways to to combat that. Maybe getting a shield with reduced damage over time. If damage is the problem there are other solutions.

Im already improving the build right now. If you like you can check my character for some Inspirtaion.

Testing those three items to beef up the tankyness. Getting a +1 corruption is not crazy hard for Gloom. This allows you to get some proper boots like bubos for more life and tankyness. If there ever was a build to greatly benefit of the Praxis Ring I think its this one. The 8% mana return pretty much ensures your mana pool is always up to take the hits for you.
No problem, personally I'm trying stuff out to make it works too. Ran a few more runs and found that the other issue is the ability to recover after taking in a huge hit, probably cause effect of warlord's mark curse got reduced, and the life leech wasn't working out too well
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:
No problem, personally I'm trying stuff out to make it works too. Ran a few more runs and found that the other issue is the ability to recover after taking in a huge hit, probably cause effect of warlord's mark curse got reduced, and the life leech wasn't working out too well

I know. Its a problem with most classic spellcasters atm. It almost impossible to get good enough leech. Im testing a variety of methods atm to squeeze more tankyness out of this build

Came across this guy. So tempted to dump a few ex into trying to vorici the 6 off colors...

I'm about to make some uber elder attempts, and after reading the last few posts it has gotten me looking to upgrade.
Last edited by gundorf on Mar 18, 2018, 11:57:54 AM
hey, maybeee if can find res elsewhere ''hard to do i assummeee'' maybe atziri's step could do alot here adding sizeable amount more eva + a possible 16% more spell dodge.
ahhh edit that for being stoned, ummm yea workin on this build now will try few things. also not toooo sure i would wanna drop the caster shield but an eva base with very high defence stats and the % to spell dodge could bring us to 50% spell dodge total with atziri step aswell. i cant see it crushing the dps toooo too much would hurt tho 4sure any thoughts?
Last edited by cheefa on Mar 18, 2018, 3:52:40 PM
Just a semi noob question. Got a few extra gem slots so can't I use warlords mark + curse on hit? I'm just wondering what the benifit is to the ring over the curse on hit support.
I managed to craft level 8 warlords mark but that's it so far.
"
Just a semi noob question. Got a few extra gem slots so can't I use warlords mark + curse on hit? I'm just wondering what the benifit is to the ring over the curse on hit support.
I managed to craft level 8 warlords mark but that's it so far.

You would need at least three links for whatever attack you wanted to hit with. And then you are taking time casting that ability rather than your magma orb.
After leveling this thing through HC Beast, I've got a few suggestions specifically for leveling because things get pretty scary from Act-6 onwards in terms of survivability. With no second layer defenses available until well into act8-9, feels like every hit might be the end. Especially act 5, act-8 (doedre was hands down the scariest fight ever with this build)and act10 again where mobs will charge or teleport right onto your face.

1) Get MoM ASAP. Even if it means you need to invest 4 more points into Deep Thoughts and Soul Siphon while leveling and up to early maps, respec later. I didn't and I really wish I had. So many times I was close to a RIP because even going all life nodes, things chunk you hard.

2) Flame totem until the blood aqueducts grind. Im not sure I would have got through Acts 5-8 without it. This builds suffers when you have to move a bit and flame totem is constant +30-40% dps when you can't cast. I then dropped it when I started farming blood aqueducts from lvls 58-68.

3) Unless you're playing standard or re-rolling with a huge supply of currency, take Allira as a bandit reward. It allows you to drop clarity in favor of HoA, crit multi is good later and the +45 res is invaluable while leveling. Again this is if you don't have perfectly rolled jewels ready to go in a new league or if you're poor. Once you're rich and high level you can respec out to min/max the build.

4) Don't take any crit nodes until you have Phase Acrobatics and MoM. You don't need them until about level 60+. Magma orb shits out damage even without crit. Run fire pen instead of increased crit chance. Then when you fill out the crit nodes you can do Lab and drop the fire pen.

These are my suggestions for leveling in HC with this build and i think it would make the leveling process a lot safer and smoother in any league. Dying is slow and frustrating even in softcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info