[3.X] SPECTRAL SHIELD THROW DeadEye (100% phys and 90% ELE. 1,5-2M DPS REALISTIC GEAR non-crit!)

Why Onslaught, if I might ask? I've never understood how people enjoy relying on the buff timers to keep their power spikes high, much like relying on charges. If you are too slow or get unlucky and miss finding a new mob to kill, it all falls off, right?
"
DarkenX wrote:
Why Onslaught, if I might ask? I've never understood how people enjoy relying on the buff timers to keep their power spikes high, much like relying on charges. If you are too slow or get unlucky and miss finding a new mob to kill, it all falls off, right?

Onslaught gem is given at level 5 and it's a 20% attack and cast speed for 8 seconds on kill. This is just super massive across all game. Especially for skills that lack attack speed. Same goes for Onslaught on kill abyssal jewels, i always have them no matter what. If i can't fit a jewel then it's an onslaught flask.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Yeah, just a general QOL thing and generic attack and damage buff. Especially good on a skill like sst where it is difficult to get the AS to scale really high like with a raider build.
"
"
DarkenX wrote:

Onslaught gem is given at level 5 and it's a 20% attack and cast speed for 8 seconds on kill. This is just super massive across all game. Especially for skills that lack attack speed. Same goes for Onslaught on kill abyssal jewels, i always have them no matter what. If i can't fit a jewel then it's an onslaught flask.

I've just never been able to juggle timers well enough to use those effectively, so it always seemed odd to me.
I just hit level 80 with this build as my league starter, frankly I have no clue what everyone is complaining about. The build maps very well and if you're not a new player you can easily level with it from 12. My advice is to get ewars when you can, upgrade your shield often, consider armor and evasion options, i swapped for an evasion shield maybe twice leveling so evasion can sometimes upgrade you. Hrimmsorrow is very nice but i didn't find i needed it until ~a5, The only other thing i might've done differently is change ascendancy order from tailwind first to ricochet first. My biggest tip is to get the extra shards helm enchant as that really improves clear speed and brings you to accidentally one-shotting bestairy mob territory

My gear
Spoiler
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
I just hit level 80 with this build as my league starter, frankly I have no clue what everyone is complaining about. The build maps very well and if you're not a new player you can easily level with it from 12. My advice is to get ewars when you can, upgrade your shield often, consider armor and evasion options, i swapped for an evasion shield maybe twice leveling so evasion can sometimes upgrade you. Hrimmsorrow is very nice but i didn't find i needed it until ~a5, The only other thing i might've done differently is change ascendancy order from tailwind first to ricochet first. My biggest tip is to get the extra shards helm enchant as that really improves clear speed and brings you to accidentally one-shotting bestairy mob territory

My gear
Spoiler

Have u even ventured into t10+ maps though?

Boss damage IS an issue, there's no denying that, and yes mob clear speed isn't really that bad, but I expect it to hit a wall eventually.

You're also using a 6L right now, so realistically you can't expect your damage to scale up much more
Huh, just realized I picked up Faster Attacks instead of Phys. Projectile support, but it feels better for single targets. Certainly wears them down faster, at least, haha.
"
Bolentine wrote:
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:

My gear
Spoiler

Boss damage IS an issue, there's no denying that, and yes mob clear speed isn't really that bad, but I expect it to hit a wall eventually.

You're also using a 6L right now, so realistically you can't expect your damage to scale up much more

I think everyone is in agreement on the mechanical flaws of the skill, however map clearing and boss killing are two separate niches, I don't think it's fair to make points about boss damage on what is certainly a mapping build with no real bossing options because of the agreed upon mechanical flaws as far as my damage goes i haven't really done anything with my jewel sockets and my rares were all under 5c along with my gems not being close to 20/20 so I'd say red maps are very possible
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
"
Bolentine wrote:
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:

My gear
Spoiler

I think everyone is in agreement on the mechanical flaws of the skill, however map clearing and boss killing are two separate niches, I don't think it's fair to make points about boss damage on what is certainly a mapping build with no real bossing options because of the agreed upon mechanical flaws as far as my damage goes i haven't really done anything with my jewel sockets and my rares were all under 5c along with my gems not being close to 20/20 so I'd say red maps are very possible

Yep agreed here.
In fact not all builds and not even all people kill bosses nowadays. I've seen a lot of top streamers completely avoiding bosses on HC at all. A lot of them consider bossing an "outdated" thing.
I can also confirm that with recent monster damage changes bosses hit really really hard, even in campaign. I was surprised to die across all acts pretty often.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Need some advice moving forward.

https://pastebin.com/vSFMs4PN

- My gloves have no gems in them, dunno what to do with them.
- With hatred+Proj weakness aura active, I cant really dps because mana dips too low/regens to slow. For the time being, I only use hatred.
- I use faster attacks most of the time for trash mobs

Also, please ignore that I first took rupture - I had trouble leveling early on, and the nodes on the right going up. Will respec these once I get enough regrets. Currently saving up for a better shield to dps and moving towards elemental overload.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info