[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

INTRO

I’ve started using traps since my first day in Poe in February 2013, and for those who can remember, in early 2013 traps were not developed at all. Basically I was among the firsts using traps and trying to bring them in end-game.
Moreover i don’t like to play the same build differte times, that’s why i’ve theorycrafted it before Beastiary League started and not played this build yet.
This is my Bestiary League starter.

Guide will be updated as long as i'll progress in the Bestiary League.

Probably due to a bug, the skill effect duration of Prolonged Pain applies to traps, making their duration of 0,4s instead of 0,0 ->not a big problem Solved in 3.3

[3.3] Changes

With 3.3 patch developed, fire trap, and expecially its burning ground, got heavely buffed.
Only drawback is the duration of the burning ground, which is actually 25% of what it was before. on the other side, we have no more cooldown in firetrap, a lot higher damage: all in all build was HEAVILY BUFFED

Accordingly to 3.3 patch, there are basically no changes on the tree, we will just switch Elemental focus with Efficacy (we have about 60% to ignite it's a pity waste this dps source) and we can switch Swift Affliction with Controlled Destruction or Combustion if we look for an higher burning ground duration

We lose bestiary gear: we can just use a Carcass Jack or a Tinkerskin and a rare amulet
Following in the guid you will find 2 updated PoB link: 1 taking into consideration Bestiary Gear (the BiS for this build), the other using common gear

BUILD CONCEPT

The build revolves basically on the burning ground created by fire trap, so we will focus mostly into
  • Burning Damage
  • Fire Damage
  • Trap Damage
  • Damage Over Time
  • Spell damage
Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium coupled with Shock Nova Trap will greatly increase the dps.
Dual curses + Aspect of the spider will ease the boss fights.
Currently using offensive curse (Flammability) as a trap, like it to be honest
Consider we want to make the screen a lava ground, sunblast and cheap construction will be used to make traps trigger instantly.

STATS

- 6500 ehp with MOM
- 550k dps vs shaper
- 2 Curse + Aspect of the Spider/Herald of Ash
- Cheap (non crit build)
- Will be unbelievably buffed in 3.3 update (fire trap boost)

POB Link

No Bestiary Gear Link
https://pastebin.com/R7CUwsM0
Bestiary Gear Link
https://pastebin.com/nx6eg651

VIDEOS

T14 Corrupted Dark Forest, lvl 89 with still a 5linked
Short build showcase: lvl 82 in a T8 Shaped Peninsula Map
T10 Shaped Maze Map - Lvl 83 with 19/0 gem in a 5l

PROGRESSION

Here i'll update my progression in Bestiary League
Spoiler

- Struggled a bit in early game, but things changed when i started using Searing Touch
- 5 linked Searing Touch tnx to the Prophecy i was lucky to get (colors are not correct, i'm waiting for more chromatics
- Completed 3 Labs, up to merciless, without any effort
- Mapping at Lvl 67 with 3,5k Hp, 14k burning ground dps tooltip, resistance are 30% lightning, 60% cold, 70% fire, but i can kill boss easily
- Actually lvl 81, mapping up to Tier 8, 38k unbuffed burning ground (in town), all gems 19/0 (Fire trap, conc effect, ele focus, swift affliction, burning damage)
- Completed Uber Lab at lvl 83 without efforts

- Crafted Aspect of the Spider on my amulet, bought a Fenumu's Shroud for a couple of chaos and a level 21/0 Fire trap for 1 chaos
- Mapping in T13-14 without problems (actually i'm completing the Atlas)

TREE, BANDITS, ASCENDACY, PANTHEON

Spoiler

Tree

Level 50

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCABzcm6EdFO4VCPTxbI8a2-dJUYCz6-6jo6cIYqz31-OEbIymvpitVUsmlVXGuJMi9NhU8NVaubTFbAuXhXF5muAOSFNSPV_aO4w2TLNqQ3tfNPeRR6yYRZ2VLjOjdm8SaX_GnaptGZeVt3U6WAQHg9sulDY9EZbydfiXcFGX9I9GBx5h4hcciw6U8Z7EG8hUR36wXfJSUyj6PLa86iGwBkCTJw==

Level 78

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCABzcm6GXLR0U7hUI9PFsjxqbhryq2-eiAElRgLPr7qOjpwhirPfX44RsjO98pr7BxZitVUsmlVXGuJO3PiL0ZKrYVPDVgsfwH5_fWrm0xWwLl4VxeZrgDkhTUgSzPV_Yvdo7jDZMs1ZIakP56HtfNPfxipFHrJiFMuwYRZ2VLjOjdm8SaUVH_gp_xp2qbRmXlbd1OlgEB4PbLpQ2PTLREZbydWo2-JfP3XBRl_SPRgceYeIXHNgkQYeLDpTxnsRJTzwFG8hUR36wXfJSUyj6PLbAZrzqIbAGQJMn

Bandits

Kill all for 2 points

Ascendancy

Trickster
Compared to Saboteur, it gives a lot more DOT dps (damage over time, frenzy and power charges, more mana) and Life. Mana, ES gained on kill, which is sweet.
In order of importance:
Patient Reaper - Prolonged Pain - Swift Killer - Weave The Arcane

Pantheon

Soul of Solaris for boss fights
Soul of Tukohama

LEVELLING TIPS

• Proceed in the tree taking this nodes: Clever Construction; Elemental Equilibrium, Elemental Overload and all the life nodes nearby
  • Esplosive Trap is insane for levelling
  • Fencoil - Mirebough - Deerstalker are the best for levelling
  • Don't care too much about gear untill you start mapping, save for a 5-6L Searing Touch
  • Start using Sunblast and 2 Cheap Construction as sooner as possible (3 alchemy for all)

GEAR

Gear description

The only required gear are cheap one:
- Searing touch: Greatly boost our fire trap damage
- Sunblast: Gives trap damage, fire resistance and makes our trap trigger almost instantly
- Cheap Construction: we need 2 of them in order to make traps trigger once they hit the ground
- Windscream for our 3rd curse
- Aspect of the Spider crafted on a piece of gear and a Fenumu's Shroud to increase the effect
Focus on HP, mana and resists on the other piece of gear

Usefull gear for levelling

My Gear

GEMS

Socketed in Searing Touch

Fire Trap + Burning Damage + Concentrated Effect + Efficacy + Swift Affliction/Controlled Destruction/Combustion + Trap and Mine Damage / Cluster Traps

Socketed in boots

Vaal Lightning Trap + Increased Duration + Greater Multiple Projectile + Flame Dash

Socketed in Helmet

Elemental Focus / Herald of Ash + Blasphemy + Enlighten + Flame Dash/Lightning Warp

Socketed in shaped gloves with trap support

Sock Nova + Cluster Trap + Flammability + Lightning Trap

Socketed in Chest

Scorching Ray + Cast while Channeling + Fros Wall + Summon Flame Golem + Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes
In your chest you can socked what you prefer. Scorching ray is to increase our dps, but not required

TIPS

• Grab a Searing Touch (1 alchemy in BEstiary Std) and use it as soon as you can (lvl 60
  • Level differt copies of Fire Trap in order to get a lvl 21/20 Fire trap for end game
  • Deerstalker and Fencoil are the best uniques for levelling.
  • As we don’t really focus on a 6l chest and Fenumu's Shround is good but not essential you can consider go for Kaom’s Heart and use the movement skill in your alternate weapon set

END

MY OTHER BUILDS

Last edited by Effe86 on Jun 2, 2018, 1:58:43 PM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2018, 1:02:57 PM
Reserved
  • Updated PoB link with an improved (more HP) tree. Thanks to Breakleg
  • Added a "Progression" section
  • Added my actual gear
  • Updated "Tree" section with new trees (more HP, almost same dps)

• [spoiler="Old Guide Version"]
    INTRO[hr]
    I’ve started using traps since my first day in Poe in February 2013, and for those who can remember, in early 2013 traps were not developed at all. Basically I was among the firsts using traps and trying to bring them in end-game.
    Moreover i don’t like to play the same build differte times, that’s why i’ve theorycrafted it before Beastiary League started and not played this build yet.
    This is my Bestiary League starter.

Guide will be updated as long as i'll progress in the Bestiary League.

Probably due to a bug, the skill effect duration of Prolonged Pain applies to traps, making their duration of 0,4s instead of 0,0 ->not a big problem

BUILD CONCEPT[hr]
    The build revolves basically on the burning ground created by fire trap, so we will focus mostly into
    • Burning Damage
    • Fire Damage
    • Trap Damage
    • Damage Over Time
    Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium coupled with Shock Nova Trap will greatly increase the dps.
    Three curses (best if using an Heretic Veil) will ease the boss fights.
    Consider we want to make the screen a lava ground, sunblast and cheap construction will be used to make traps trigger instantly.

STATS[hr]
    - 6500 ehp with MOM
    - Over 700k dps only with burning ground
    - 3 Curse
    - Cheap (non crit build)

[spoiler="POB"]
    https://pastebin.com/Q9VrJfa5 [/spoiler]

VIDEOS[hr]

Short build showcase: lvl 82 in a T8 Shaped Peninsula Map
    T10 Shaped Maze Map - Lvl 83 with 19/0 gem in a 5l

PROGRESSION[hr]

Here i'll update my progression in Bestiary League
    [spoiler]
    - Struggled a bit in early game, but things changed when i started using Searing Touch
    - 5 linked Searing Touch tnx to the Prophecy i was lucky to get (colors are not correct, i'm waiting for more chromatics
    - Completed 3 Labs, up to merciless, without any effort
    - Mapping at Lvl 67 with 3,5k Hp, 14k burning ground dps tooltip, resistance are 30% lightning, 60% cold, 70% fire, but i can kill boss easily
    - Actually lvl 81, mapping up to Tier 8, 38k unbuffed burning ground (in town), all gems 19/0 (Fire trap, conc effect, ele focus, swift affliction, burning damage)

[/spoiler]

TREE, BANDITS, ASCENDACY, PANTHEON[hr]
    [spoiler]
    [spoiler="Tree"]
    [spoiler="Level 50"]
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCABzcnsTAZh0UCPSAs7TFvOrb5_fXpr6jo6cIYqxsC-OEbIy0OOUZmK3YVCaVVcZFR7c-IvRaubiTgsfwH1RH2juboVNSakMEsw5I2L1VS4w2TLOiAJrgM6PjapFH-tIWb5f0j0ZwUQQHg9v-Cn_GnaptGZeVOliXl6yYdm8y0UWdNj0HHpUu-ehFfGHiQYeLDvv1G8go-n6wXfI8thGW6-6TJw== [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Level 78"]
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCABzcKo2exMBmHRQI9ICz8WzvfI8acXm0xbzq2-f316a-NZKjo6cIYqxsC-OEbIy0OOUZmK3YVDrhJpVVxkVHtz4i9Fq5uJNWSILH8B9UR9o77-uboZeFU1LsVWpD8YoEsw5I2L1VSzbYjDZMs6IAmuAzo-NqNPeRR_rSFm-X9I9G2CQ9X3BRBAeD2_4Kf8adqm0Zl5XP3TpYl5fw1S6UrJh2b0lRMtFFnTY9Bx6VLvnoEmlFfBccYeJBh4sOSRv79TwF0B8byCj6frBd8lJTPLYRlvJFIbDr7pMn [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Level 92"]
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCABzcKo2exMBmHRTuFQj0gLPxbO98jxpxeZuGtMW86tvn99emvhhqNZKjo6cIYqxsC-OEbIy0OGSq5RnBxZit2FQ64SaVVcZFR7c-IvRaubiTVkiCx_AfOVJUR9o77-uboZeFU1LsVWpD8YoEsw5I2L1VSzbYjDZMs6IAmuAzo-NqNPeRR_rSFm-X9OwYj0bYJD1fcFEEB4Pb_gp_xp2qbRmXlc_dt3U6WJeX8NUulKyYdm9JUVgHajYy0UWdNj0HHpUu-egSaUV8Fxxh4kGHiw5JG_6P-_U8BdAfG8go-n6wXfJSU6ZXTeM8tnC7EZbyRSGw6-6TJw==
    [/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Bandits"]
    Kill all for 2 points
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Ascendancy"]
    Trickster
    Compared to Saboteur, it gives a lot more DOT dps (damage over time, frenzy and power charges, more mana) and Life. Mana, ES gained on kill, which is sweet.
    In order of importance:
    Patient Reaper - Prolonged Pain - Swift Killer - Weave The Arcane
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Pantheon"]
    Soul of Solaris for boss fights
    Soul of Tukohama
    [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

LEVELLING TIPS[hr]
    • Proceed in the tree taking this nodes: Clever Construction; Elemental Equilibrium, Elemental Overload and all the life nodes nearby
    • Fencoil - Mirebough - Deerstalker are the best for levelling
    • Don't care too much about gear untill you start mapping, save for a 5-6L Searing Touch
    • Start using Sunblast and 2 Cheap Construction as sooner as possible (3 alchemy for all)

GEAR[hr]
    [spoiler="Gear description"]
    The only required gear are cheap one:
    - Searing touch: Greatly boost our fire trap damage
    - Sunblast: Gives trap damage, fire resistance and makes our trap trigger almost instantly
    - Cheap Construction: we need 2 of them in order to make traps trigger once they hit the ground
    - Doedre’s Damning or Windscream for our 3rd curse
    Focus on HP, mana and resists on the other piece of gear[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Usefull gear for levelling"]
    Fencoil
    Deerstalker[/spoiler]

[spoiler="My Gear"]

[/spoiler]

GEMS [hr]

[spoiler="Socketed in Searing Touch"]
    Fire Trap + Burning Damage + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Swift Affliction + Trap and Mine Damage / Cluster Traps[/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Socketed in boots"]
    Sock Nova + Trap + Increased Critical Strikes + Innervate / Cluster Trap[/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Socketed in Heretic Veil"]
    Despair + Elemental Focus + Flammability + Enlighten[/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Socketed in gloves"]
    Vaal Lightning Trap + Increased duration + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Summon Flame Golem[/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Socketed in Chest"]
    Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Burning Damage + Scorching Ray + Cast while Channeling + Arc
    In your chest you can socked what you prefer. Scorching ray is to increase our dps, but not required[/spoiler]

TIPS [hr]
    • Grab a Searing Touch (1 alchemy in BEstiary Std) and use it as soon as you can (lvl 60
    • Level differt copies of Fire Trap in order to get a lvl 21/20 Fire trap for end game
    • Deerstalker and Fencoil are the best uniques for levelling.
    • Deerstalker can also be used for end game if you get enough HP/Resistance from other pieces of gear
    • As we don’t use a 6l chest and skills in chest are just optional, you can consider go for Kaom’s Heart and use the movement skill in your alternate weapon set

END [hr]

MY OTHER BUILDS[hr]
    [spoiler]
    [Onslaught 0.11.0d] Trapmaster Shadow
    [Onslaught 0.11.6b] Trapmaster Shadow – CI Perma-Freeze Versatile Warper Trapper [V 2]
    [2.4] The Bringer of Frost - Dual Malice CI Assassin - T10+ since lvl 70, 13 charges up!
    [3.0] The Gatling Storm Burster - MOM-Crit-Life 1,8 Millions DPS Inquisitor

[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
  • Last edited by Effe86 on Apr 14, 2018, 1:30:07 PM
    Dude, a 123 point build is ridiculous.
    Hi there... I love trappers have never found one to do enough damage since the old Prolif days.

I am not very good at theory crafting but I wondered why Trickster over Sabateur?!
    "
    Pacificstar wrote:
    Dude, a 123 point build is ridiculous.

In the tree section there is a lvl 94 one, quite affordable, don't you think?

PoB is maxed just to check the potential
    "
    Mobileman22 wrote:
    Hi there... I love trappers have never found one to do enough damage since the old Prolif days.

I am not very good at theory crafting but I wondered why Trickster over Sabateur?!

Hello.
    As you can imagine, guide is quite a draft yet, and only the most relevant informations are indicated.

Trickster, in 3.2, is quite boosted, while Saboteur gives almost no bonuses to us, for the following reason:

Trickster
    • allows to easily generate Power Charge and Frenzy Charge
    • gives a lot damage boost (50% increased DoT and 15% more DoT)
    • gives a nice boost to defences (more mana for MoM, recover 2% life on kill)

Saboteur
    • gives elemental proliferation -> pointless as we don't hit
    • gives AoE, trap and ele damage which are not as much as Trickster gives
    • defensively, can only blind
    • Traps can trigger 1 more time -> pointless as Burning Grounds won't overlap
    • Traps cooldown recovery -> which is the only good thing here, we can Use the Tinkerskin
    • When a trap trigger, all traps will trigger -> pointless, we make our traps trigger instantly
    Last edited by Effe86 on Mar 2, 2018, 11:15:28 AM
    does the recover %life on kill work with traps?
    this looks fun, ive never done a trap build but im going to give this a shot :D
    Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
    "
    Tobinator wrote:

I was wondering the same thing
    "
    arokace wrote:
    "
    Tobinator wrote:

I was wondering the same thing

This is the first thing i'll test with Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info