[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

"
"
arokace wrote:
"
Tobinator wrote:
does the recover %life on kill work with traps?

I was wondering the same thing

This is the first thing i'll test with Trickster

does it work?
"
Tobinator wrote:

does it work?

Yes it works :)
https://pastebin.com/08jLHU8T My edited PoB for this build.

-Realistic PoB
-Still got 700k fire trap DoT DPS
-113 point tree
-201% life from tree
-actual frenzy charge generation with bosses using Tinkerskin
-actual power charge generation for bosses with orb of storms + power charge on critcal + increased crit strikes which will also help with elemental overload/Elemental Equilibrium procs.

Removed cheap construction jewels because the burning ground from fire trap can only affect one enemy at a time and I just don't think it's needed.

Edit: Thanks for the mention :)

Last edited by Breakleg on Mar 7, 2018, 4:02:52 AM
"
Breakleg wrote:
https://pastebin.com/08jLHU8T My edited PoB for this build.

-Realistic PoB
-Still got 700k fire trap DoT DPS
-113 point tree
-201% life from tree
-actual frenzy charge generation with bosses using Tinkerskin
-actual power charge generation for bosses with orb of storms + power charge on critcal + increased crit strikes which will also help with elemental overload/Elemental Equilibrium procs.

Removed cheap construction jewels because the burning ground from fire trap can only affect one enemy at a time and I just don't think it's needed.

Very nice improvement with the tree, you need to add at least 2 jewel slot for cheap contruction (which purpose is the make traps instantly trigger, and not to have an additional one) and i'd still take Amplify.

But hey, this is very good! I really guess i'll change mine into yours :)
Last edited by Effe86 on Mar 5, 2018, 1:20:17 PM
Seems really promising but i'll wait for some of your updates to see if it's end-game viable/consistent.
Ty
I'm trying this build in new league. We have Swift Killer which doesn't proc from traps, EO also requires self cast spell to proc, tripple curse, which we have to somehow apply to enemy and Elemental equilibrium which is sometimes hard to ensure because of mobs running into burning ground before being hit by another spell. This may be a noob question but how can we make it all work together?
0 video. 0 items at build. hp at POB 4500(6500rly?!) damage 40 000... so werry bad build, man, u play this game 3 days?
"
mrtournevis wrote:
Seems really promising but i'll wait for some of your updates to see if it's end-game viable/consistent.
Ty

Yes sure! Thank you for considering it :)
I've just started mapping. 4 alchemy investment (Searing Touch, Sunblast, Cheap Construction x 2) and it's going very good. Will keep you updated!

"
jtag wrote:
I'm trying this build in new league. We have Swift Killer which doesn't proc from traps, EO also requires self cast spell to proc, tripple curse, which we have to somehow apply to enemy and Elemental equilibrium which is sometimes hard to ensure because of mobs running into burning ground before being hit by another spell. This may be a noob question but how can we make it all work together?

Hello there!
Swift Killer works with burning ground, i've taken it as 2nd ascendance to test it and it works, i'm full with Franzy and Power Charges when mobs die due to burning ground (not explosion of traps) :)

EO can be proc with any spell (Orb of sotrm, Scorching ray + cwc + arc) and should be used with hardest encounter

Tricurse are casted like an Aura using Blasphemy. you don't need to cast them :)

Ele Equilibrium is not activated with the burning ground, so you just need to throw your fire trap and after the shock nova trap and watch enemies melt ;)

"
DeGGestR wrote:
0 video. 0 items at build. hp at POB 4500(6500rly?!) damage 40 000... so werry bad build, man, u play this game 3 days?

Videos will be added as soon as i'll reach red tier maps
6k hp + ES + MoM is approximatively 6,5k EHP

I'm currently running with Searing Touch, Deerstalker, Sunblast and 2x Cheap Construction
Other item are the best i've found (magic rings, rare gloves/boots).
Resistance uncapped (30% lightning, 60% cold, 70% fire) and mapping successfully

DPS is 750k from PoB
Check this link
https://pastebin.com/Q9VrJfa5
Last edited by Effe86 on Mar 6, 2018, 1:56:55 PM
I'm not sure if you realize, but Elemental Equilibrium is actually terrible for fire trap. Even with traps instantly triggering you still hit them with fire damage.
Unless you're intentionally missing with your traps, in which case you're losing out on the initial burst that fire trap has that 1shots most white mobs.
"
I'm not sure if you realize, but Elemental Equilibrium is actually terrible for fire trap. Even with traps instantly triggering you still hit them with fire damage.
Unless you're intentionally missing with your traps, in which case you're losing out on the initial burst that fire trap has that 1shots most white mobs.

Elemental Equilibrium is perfect with fire trap :)
-You throw fire trap it hits the mobs
-Mobs gain 25% fire resistance.
-Immediately after you throw your shoch/ice nova trap at them and they lose 50% fire resistance
-Watch them melt in your fire ground
Last edited by Effe86 on Mar 6, 2018, 11:59:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info