[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Ratedetar wrote:
My game rarely crashed and I've crashed 5 times today (all in act 5). Didn't crash at all yesterday

They broke Scorching Ray, it causes client crashes now. It's posted as the #1 High Priority issue in the sticky at the top of the Bugs forum. So hopefully the fix is coming soon.

I'm using Wither lv 1 temporarily. It works fine except for not showing the monster names if you move the cursor while channeling. And, of course, it doesn't give the fire res debuff. But that will matter mostly in the high tier maps. By then GGG really should fix SR.
"
sufferot wrote:
Really hope that witch version will exist

The Witch version is the character Ice_Legacy in my profile. I tested both Witch and Scion with the same gear and levels in Standard before the start of 3.2. The Scion has slightly higher damage and significantly higher ES, that's why I'm playing it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:
My game rarely crashed and I've crashed 5 times today (all in act 5). Didn't crash at all yesterday

They broke Scorching Ray, it causes client crashes now. It's posted as the #1 High Priority issue in the sticky at the top of the Bugs forum. So hopefully the fix is coming soon.

I'm using Wither lv 1 temporarily. It works fine except for not showing the monster names if you move the cursor while channeling. And, of course, it doesn't give the fire res debuff. But that will matter mostly in the high tier maps. By then GGG really should fix SR.

I read that turning off engine multithreading helps. I haven't crashed yet since turning it off.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:

The Witch version is the character Ice_Legacy in my profile. I tested both Witch and Scion with the same gear and levels in Standard before the start of 3.2. The Scion has slightly higher damage and significantly higher ES, that's why I'm playing it.

Not something I ever cared much about. My Elementalist is my original Witch back from the days when I farmed Piety and Wharf for endgame to level 80 with GMP Arctic Breath and switched to IW when Ascendancies came out and never looked back and my IW will stay on her. I also cannot be bothered anymore to play through the game, 3 characters are enough.

That being said It is too bad that the buffs were mostly minor for the Elementalist though. Should at least have given her +5% max to Paragon and I do not see why the Scion gets the superior Herald buff.

Also Pendulum and Shaper are rather lackluster.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 4, 2018, 2:29:29 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:

wait, you mean, scion has more than 8178 shield with pretty mediocre gear? :D I just got 13k dps with fire golem up, but without other buffs. Can you check my Whisper_in_night and say, what else I should improve?

PS: apparently, same tree as yours with somehow less points Oo
Last edited by sufferot on Mar 4, 2018, 2:40:31 PM
"
sufferot wrote:

wait, you mean, scion has more than 8178 shield with pretty mediocre gear? :D I just got 13k dps with fire golem up, but without other buffs. Can you check my Whisper_in_night and say, what else I should improve?

PS: apparently, same tree as yours with somehow less points Oo

Minor issue -- you're using a legacy ES chest...
Can you still recommend it for HC? even without watcher eye
this leage i have a little bit more time. I lvlt only with freezing pulse and it was really smooth with 2 lifesprig. i bought them for 1 alch and sold them for 2 alch one and 1 c the other :-)
Wsp ice staff with 17 /11 for 1 alch.
icetomb 1 alch
fertile mind 23 for 1 c
izaros tormoil 23 20 for 1 c

I love the start from a leage.

after using wspice all lvl content is a choke :-)Killed kitava now and
do now act 2.

Is there no chance to freeze enemys with wspice.
that i loved with freezing pulse and if it would be possible it would be a great benefit for me :-)
this afternoon i do lab 1 and 2.

also a everytime many thanks for the great and cheap !!! build.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can you still recommend it for HC? even without watcher eye

build is very tanky... so why not :)
For those interested in the Witch vs Scion comparison I did my IW/CwC SR passive skill build as Scion and Witch at level 100 and compared:

www.poeurl.com/bOhb
www.poeurl.com/bOhc

TL:DR

Spell damage and elemental damage increase combined is similar as is cast speed and crit

Elementalist has a little more resist
Elementalist has an additional 0.5% leech
Elementalist penetrates 9% more resistances

Scion has about 80 more intelligence
Scion has about 15% increased ES
Scion has an additional jewel slot (9 vs 10)
Enemies take 10% more damage

3 extra skill points and 80 intelligence lead to roughly 30%+ increased ES which can be 10% more effective ES. Considering that I have seen ES with up to 10k I dare say that 1k ES difference makes quite a difference.
This advantage does not change even if we consider other elementalist builds apart from golemancer.

The only real advantage Elementalist has is an extra 0.5% leech. It is a shame that GGG failed to realize that Scion and Inquisitor make better elemental casters. By this comparison for anyone who wants to fully maximize he or she should go with one of those regardless which kind of elemental build unless you want to go golemancer as mentioned before.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 5, 2018, 7:19:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info