[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

hm.... Just was sitting here and thinking. Can we proc arcane surge automatically with our lowlevel CwDT? That will require 5L in chest tho, BUT, in exchange, we will free a slot for any movement skill we want (ie - I like leapslam more than flame dash)

edit:

"
Naramie_VI wrote:

You will have about 8.4 k ES as Scion. Why are you using coruscating elixir. Does it have any effect with CI/Vaal pact?

I just ike how it looks :D also, just to bump up fire resits and to drink wise oak without any consequences.
Last edited by sufferot on Mar 5, 2018, 3:25:27 PM
@Kelvynn - I played a version of this you provided in 2.6 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730) that had a very helpful leveling guide.

Do you have an update to that portion of the guide for this build?

In particular, I'm not clear what you feel would be "the best" way to progress through the passives, so I'm kind of winging it. If you have the time and inclination, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!
"
Twelvepack wrote:
The crash with scorching ray was fixed apparently.

Hurray! I missed SR.

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
How do we leech ES without watcher eye?

Ghost Reaver

"
sufferot wrote:
hm.... Just was sitting here and thinking. Can we proc arcane surge automatically with our lowlevel CwDT?

It can't be triggered by a triggered skill. It requires you actually spending mana.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 5, 2018, 6:38:40 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

It can't be triggered by a triggered skill. It requires you actually spending mana.

eh... still feel like flame dash is really clunky
"
I have a noob question. How does %inc fire dmg and %inc cold dmg mods work in this build? Are they interchangeable?

According to PoB they are interchangeable.
The build is working very well for me with 1 problem. My WI staff has 6 sockets, with recommended gems, with Scorching Ray and CwC linked, however, Icestorm will not work at all with this set-up unless the CwC gem is removed. The only reason I can figure out why this is so, is the CwC description says it must support a both a channeling spell and a non-channeling spell. I'm guessing that I have to physically link another of the gems (any of the ones used in the staff) to get this to work, even though the staff should theoretically have everything linked . Is this correct?
Thanks for this build.It's working great for me I am giving uber lab/atziri carry services from the 2nd day of the league. 7670 es atm and 7325 damage without ele overload. The only problem is that there are some glitches with scorching ray. Hopefully ggg fix it otherwise it's a great build. Here are my items.
How to compare Intel to Es on our gear? 10intel=???Es
For exapmple, whats better - 160Es +40int gloves or 140Es +50int gloves?
"
raincoast wrote:
The build is working very well for me with 1 problem. My WI staff has 6 sockets, with recommended gems, with Scorching Ray and CwC linked, however, Icestorm will not work at all with this set-up unless the CwC gem is removed. The only reason I can figure out why this is so, is the CwC description says it must support a both a channeling spell and a non-channeling spell. I'm guessing that I have to physically link another of the gems (any of the ones used in the staff) to get this to work, even though the staff should theoretically have everything linked . Is this correct?

raincoast you dont cast icestorm, you cast scorching ray and via the cwc gem it casts icestorm for you
"
Another noob question. Does %inc cast speed do anything for this build? Does it interact with anything other than the scorching ray?

Asking because of the Whispering Ice item. I don't know if it matters if its 8 or 12% cast speed stat

Will help with cast speed of orb of storms and flame dash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info