[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Xyreal wrote:
how do you sustain mana btw? since you're not taking warlord's mark.

I don't face mana problems. Don't level SR. It's damage is insignificant as compared to ice strom. Leave at lower levels.

"
Sykar wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how well do you run labyrinth with this build?

In the previous iterations, it was pretty smooth if somewhat slow. This build was able to do most things till it's previous iteration. That is somewhat damped but I think it should work pretty similarly except the fact that you don't have broken instant leech anymore.

"
Kickaha wrote:
But with those 2 skill points you can take Deep Thoughts. You get the same 20 Int, but 28% inc mana and 20% inc mana regen instead of 20 Dex. And you don't need the Dex. You are using Astramentis, right? Also, with your next skill point at level 91 you can take the 16% inc spell dam node at the Witch start.

We don't really need mana or mana regen and the extra int would mean more es+damage as we have multiple %increased Int. I guess he takes it because of the interaction with cyclopean coil maybe.
"
We don't really need mana or mana regen and the extra int would mean more es+damage as we have multiple %increased Int. I guess he takes it because of the interaction with cyclopean coil maybe.

The amount of Int is the same in both cases. But I missed the Cyclopean Coil connection, that does make the extra Dex more useful. My bad.

Really hope that witch version will exist
"
Kickaha wrote:
"
gkathellar wrote:
Int is by far the most important thing for this build, so unless those two passives can net you more Int or the same amount and something fancy, they're the worse choice.

But with those 2 skill points you can take Deep Thoughts. You get the same 20 Int, but 28% inc mana and 20% inc mana regen instead of 20 Dex. And you don't need the Dex. You are using Astramentis, right? Also, with your next skill point at level 91 you can take the 16% inc spell dam node at the Witch start.

You'd think so, but mana isn't ever really a problem. Even if you do level Scorching Ray, my experience has been that your mana pool ends up being so huge that it's honestly difficult to run out.

As for Dex, remember Cyclopean Coil - +20 Dex grants another 4% damage.

It would be reasonable to go for the extra passive points temporarily, but at a certain point you're going to have all of the passives that you can reach and want.
I never run out on my Elementalist WI/CwC SR. I can spam level 19 SR all day long.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Since yesterday that i am testing the build in std, i crashed like 5 times, 1 of which i was in uber lab.

So is SR+CwC still broken?

I'm getting a client crash now (haven't made it to maps yet). While looking for others with the same issue (there are a few client crash threads already) I came across this in a server side issue thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2096795

"
Ivanhoe2014 wrote:
interesting, i keep having crashes as well. using scorching ray totems. wonder if it has anything to do with this... I´m trying to farm blood aqueduct right now and sometimes can only kill 10 monsters or so before game crash....

Makes me wonder if there if SR is the source.
Last edited by ReavedXii on Mar 4, 2018, 1:45:09 AM
My game rarely crashed and I've crashed 5 times today (all in act 5). Didn't crash at all yesterday
Well, now I'm a bit more happy.

Did a witch version of this (can be checked in profile under "whisper_in_night". DAmage went insane from last time I used it (+3k, wow), while shield is.. well, my gear is not BiS, but touching 8k, closely. Steamrolled phoenix without any problems, while before I was struggling, yay.
"
When do you intend to transition to CI? Also, MoM till we transition like with zerker?

Looks like the best time to switch to CI will be lv 68-70, after finishing the 10 Acts. You will likely need to re-max resists after Kitava at that point anyway. So get the first set of Int/ES gear, switch to CI (for this class you don't need to save any points, just straight refund the life nodes), and head into the maps.
"
Scion has more cast speed I think but the leveling is way smoother than that for zerker.

You don't self-cast either way (CwC sets the casting speed to 0.35 sec). Leveling the Berserker was easier because he's a lot tankier, gets more Life and AR (which means a LOT in those early levels), and Sunder is totally OP.

Berserker with Sunder just annihilates the 1st Lab. For the Scion with Firestorm it's a whole lot harder, but it's also not worth it because the Scion doesn't get anything from the 1st Lab.

It's still pretty smooth and mostly depends on how many sockets you can afford in your 1st WI. I got mine right at the start and leveled with 4S. While in the previous 2 leagues I made a support char first, farmed some currency and then had 5S WI from the start with this build. I can tell you that 1 extra gem makes a whole lot of difference (it's CE, about 40% MORE damage at those levels).

But Berserker in general is a lot easier to level than Scion.

"
Xyreal wrote:
how do you sustain mana btw? since you're not taking warlord's mark.

SR lv 1 costs 5 mana to cast with CwC.

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
I wonder if you can do HC well with this build? as scion

You can do well in HC if you don't try anything endgame and just stay below T15, like just about everybody in HC does :)

But then there are tons of high clear speed builds out there for clearing easy maps a lot faster. This build is about as fast as any summoner, but nothing like EK Nova, wanders or archers.

This league, however... I would absolutely hate to try HC with all this crazy imbalanced OP bestiary crap around. Rares with multiple Bestiary mods slapped on top of random Nemesis mods, like Life Regen or Corruting Blood... And some of those Bestiary mods are just stupid OP on their own. Just like Abyss was at the start of last league. Really not good for HC unless you play some super safe build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 4, 2018, 1:49:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info