[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Jangri wrote:
"
wildandloved wrote:
Hi man, cool build I've been thinking of trying something like this for some time and with betrayal I finally did.

I was running ES till now but since the shaped body armors and the watcher's eye that i wanted were quite expensive I decided to revert back to life. :D

Currently I have 2158 int.

If you have time and want to check my current variation here is the paste bin:
https://pastebin.com/h3P1DXxP

What's the benefit of goinh life?

It's way cheaper to buy shaper armor with 10%+ increased intelligence / 50+ int.
Without it also needing 2 high ES rolls. Ofc this is because int scales ES. Couples of days of stalking poe.trade the most decent which had 6% int and 20% resistance was 20 ex.

Got mine for 15c with 11% Int. Basically i went from 7k ES and 1600 int to 2150 Int and 6,2k Life. I also have a lot of better nodes to take right next to my pathing ( templar elemental wheel for Pen and Life all over ). Still not sure if I like Vaal Pact better when than Regen but haven't tested it. Also with dropping Discipline I'm thinking of running Anger which would let me use Fire Pen / Fire dmg Life leech Watcher's eye, which would enable me to use 1 more dmg gem on Ice Storm.

Btw this is my current armor:
--------
+39 to Strength
+51 to Intelligence
+111 to maximum Life
+31 to maximum Mana
11% increased Intelligence
38% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+27 to maximum Life
--------
Shaper Item
How is best way to off-color socket to get reds/greens now on int/ES gear (3R/1B and RRGB)? That vorici trick is gone, right? So, just spam chromatics individually or the "has 2 red sockets" for 25 a pop?
"
plovi wrote:
How is best way to off-color socket to get reds/greens now on int/ES gear (3R/1B and RRGB)? That vorici trick is gone, right? So, just spam chromatics individually or the "has 2 red sockets" for 25 a pop?

That is basically how you do it. So to get RRGB I think the easiest way is to spam 2 R sockets and hope for 1 G. you can also do that for the triple R sockets or you can use the 3 R socket recipe.
Thank you very much Kelvynn for this build. Witch Elementalist, in essence, was my first character and have been thinking about doing this once again BUT... ascendant or occultist? Can you give us an answer ;) and the other thing is that this build was very tanky but rather slow in comparison to others. Do we stand a chance against late syndicate. Thanks
Have been trying this.
The syndicate only have problem with the Research one, where u need to be very fast to clear
Another problem is with Incursion, the clear speed make each incursion very hard to fully clear (maybe my damage was not enough, or the playstyle is not correct yet)
"
plovi wrote:

Vorici trick is here - just go into first delve node.

"
DarKLighteR87 wrote:
BUT... ascendant or occultist? Can you give us an answer ;)

Offense versus defence - answer for yourself which is important.

"
Do we stand a chance against late syndicate.

Yep because insane tankiness, recovery and Arctic Armour.

"
nobita2k wrote:
The syndicate only have problem with the Research one, where u need to be very fast to clear
Another problem is with Incursion, the clear speed make each incursion very hard to fully clear

Research is simple - just rush the main member (because his death stops timer). Also dont forget that icestorm still deal damage for 6-8 sec after casting, so play similar as DoT builds.
Hi dude, really like to play with this build but I'm having some troubles with cruel lab. Can't do yet because I'm taking One Hit Kill by second Izaro. If anyone could do some adivice I'll appreciate that.

Have +30int or more in each peace of gear besides the helmet.
Can clear every single map until now very easily.

That's my current stats and gear.

TYGG
Last edited by sSnorlax on Dec 24, 2018, 12:55:37 PM
"
sSnorlax wrote:
Hi dude, really like to play with this build but I'm having some troubles with cruel lab. Can't do yet because I'm taking One Hit Kill by second Izaro. If anyone could do some adivice I'll appreciate that.

More HP (because you have only 1k hp recoverable) or wait until switching to ES.
"
pda898 wrote:
"
sSnorlax wrote:

More HP (because you have only 1k hp recoverable) or wait until switching to ES.

Thx man, I just swipe one off my rings to stay with 75% in all resists and 1.4k ES and become easy.
Just when worth to put CI?

Actualy have 1k life, 1.4K ES , 75% all resist, about 1.1K INT.
Having some trouble with poison only.

On act 8
Last edited by sSnorlax on Dec 25, 2018, 8:00:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info