[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Tonu wrote:
"
hlp811 wrote:
Btw your Fertile Mind is slotted in the wrong spot, it can't convert any dex to int there. Unless i am wrong then you can just ignore this.

If that was meant to me, I had to check my jewels just in case I had made some stupid error when swapping gems after getting some upgrades. Didn't see anything weird on them. Two Fertile Mindss below of the Scion skill tree turns 5 Dex nodes into +70 Int. My third Fertile Mind on the far upper right area turns 3 Dex nodes and one big node into +50 Int.

Could have go to the other side and pick up Int nodes instead of the Dex nodes. Figured out I could spent extra 2 nodes there to get +30 Int, +5 Movement speed and some Chaos damage. In the other hand, I wasted 2 nodes and jewelry slot for that. Not sure if it's worth all of that though.

Ah no that was not meant for you, it was for D3viant6. :P I probably should have included his quote to make it clearer who i was talking too. Though i did have a look at your skill tree. I see that you went with a cold version. I was tempted too try one too. So how are you liking the cold version?

And yeah i was thinking that it might not be worth sacrificing an extra jewelry slot too as jewelry slots can give quite a boost in damage if you can get some nice ones. Plus you don't really benefit from the extra chaos damage, we don't really do any chaos damage. So you are only getting 30 Dex and 5% movement speed out of it.

You could, for instance, go from the Int side and then replace the Fertile Mind with the Spirit Drop Cobalt Jewel you have near Avatar of Fire. Spend 1 point on Agility (+30 Dex) nearby that socket at Avatar of Fire and use your Fertile Mind there to convert it. So not only have you kept the amount of Int you converted but you now also have an extra skill point to spend for the loss of 5% movement speed though. :P Ah correction you have 2 skill points to spend since you already took 1 int node on the other side of the jewel slot that used to have the Fertile Mind.

Then you can remove the Dex bridge you have nearby Pain Attunement and create the bridge with the 2 Int nodes above it. Or get Trickery for the 10 Int and 20% damage increase + crit chance or just work towards another jewel slot. :P
Last edited by hlp811 on Dec 30, 2018, 5:55:05 PM
"
hlp811 wrote:

Ah no that was not meant for you, it was for D3viant6. :P

Figured that may have been the case, was looking his skilltree earlier and couldn't see any jewels at totally wrong place (maybe he swapped them of already). Didn't bother to go back previous page if you meant somebody else.
Edit: Looks like I just missed that jewel, it's still there and not converting anything as far as I can see.

"
hlp811 wrote:

I see that you went with a cold version. I was tempted too try one too. So how are you liking the cold version?

Cold version seems pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it to. At least leeches ES very good and deals pretty good damage. Not very fast for mapping but it gets the stuff done.

Been trying to scout others similar builds but most of them seems to be still using Scorching Ray variation. Doing some trial & error with my gear and with my skill tree since this is my first time trying Whispering Ice build.

For the cold version, Might of the Meek jewel at the top middle is really good. It gives me a nice +50 Int, +35% Cold damage, +15% Chill Duration, +10% Freeze duration, +2% Cold DOT, +5% effect of Chill, +2% chance to freeze. If I want to spent extra 2 nodes, it could also give extra +5% Elemental damage and +7% cold damage.

Also, going for 0 mana cost on my skills is such a QOL. I don't even care anymore if it's no mana regen map or not. Next step is to decide if I want to get my Herald of Ice back to my build. Doing that would cost me 4 nodes to get -14% mana reserved according to my calculations.

"
hlp811 wrote:

Plus you don't really benefit from the extra chaos damage, we don't really do any chaos damage.

Actually, my Atziri's Promise flask turns some of my damage to chaos damage during the flask effect. So as far as I know, that Chaos damage node gives me hardly some extra damage. But otherwise, I don't deal any chaos damage at the moment. So basically you're correct.
Last edited by Tonu on Dec 30, 2018, 6:03:19 PM
"
hlp811 wrote:

Then you can remove the Dex bridge you have nearby Pain Attunement and create the bridge with the 2 Int nodes above it. Or get Trickery for the 10 Int and 20% damage increase + crit chance or just work towards another jewel slot. :P

I'm currently working towards both of those. First getting trickery, then at the next level I need to Refund a passive, take those 2 Int nodes, return that Dex and put it back whatever I Refund first.

Edit: Accidentally quoted myself instead of edited it. Deleted all the old stuff from this message.
Last edited by Tonu on Dec 30, 2018, 6:09:40 PM
"
Tonu wrote:
Actually, my Atziri's Promise flask turns some of my damage to chaos damage during the flask effect. So as far as I know, that Chaos damage node gives me hardly some extra damage. But otherwise, I don't deal any chaos damage at the moment. So basically you're correct.

Oh I did not know that our passive also affects flask buffs and whatnot. But still seems like a waste, 20% increased chaos damage of 15% chaos damage is what? An increase of 3%? Seems like a waste of a skill point to get 3% more total damage on the chaos portion. ^^; Besides isn't a sulphur flask better considering it is a flat 40% damage increase? Unless you want Atziri also for leaching.

"
Tonu wrote:
I'm currently working towards both of those. First getting trickery, then at the next level I need to Refund a passive, take those 2 Int nodes, return that Dex and put it back whatever I Refund first.

Edit: Accidentally quoted myself instead of edited it. Deleted all the old stuff from this message.

Sounds good but you might also want to pickup snowforged at some point. 25% increased cold damage is quite nice.
Last edited by hlp811 on Dec 30, 2018, 6:19:51 PM
I made some changes on my skilltree. Got rid of my movement speed combo on the right side of the skill tree, got that +30 Dex node near the Avatar of Fire and swapped Jewels a bit. Got rid of +10 Dex node and used 2x +10 Int node detour. Seems like Tooltip dps increased by few hundreds.

"
hlp811 wrote:
Oh I did not know that our passive also affects flask buffs and whatnot.

Actually I'm not 100% sure if it does, but I assume it would. That low amount of extra damage is quite meaningless anyways. Only picked up those Dex nodes because of 2 skillpoints of investment that gave me +30 Int and +5% Movement Speed.

"
hlp811 wrote:
Besides isn't a sulphur flask better considering it is a flat 40% damage increase? Unless you want Atziri also for leaching.

Actually, I recently swapped my other Quicksilver flask ofr Atziri flask because my first Atziri run dropped me perfect 20/15 flask. Noticed it boosted my dps and it also gave some extra leech. I'm already running Sulphur and I don't really see a point of getting another one. I could go for some other flask instead (ie Rumi for extra defense).

"
hlp811 wrote:
but you might also want to pickup snowforged at some point. 25% increased cold damage is quite nice.

Even though it sounds really tasty to get, I'm not sure how good that actually is. Getting it would give me a nice +43% Cold damage (and +30 Crit Chance), but I could get +45% Cold damage elsewhere with 3 nodes by taking Elemental/Cold nodes. Another thing I could do for the 3 nodes is to get that Movement Speed node and +40 Int close to Vaal Pact. Or use 4 nodes to get -14% mana reserve and get Herald of Ice. I don't believe I'm getting more than 5 level ups anymore on this league so I'm kinda running low on skill points.

Edit: 10 mins later, Rumi flask dropped. 19/10 which is almost perfect. lol
Last edited by Tonu on Dec 30, 2018, 7:25:56 PM
"
Tonu wrote:
I made some changes on my skilltree. Got rid of my movement speed combo on the right side of the skill tree, got that +30 Dex node near the Avatar of Fire and swapped Jewels a bit. Got rid of +10 Dex node and used 2x +10 Int node detour. Seems like Tooltip dps increased by few hundreds

Oh nice, I am glad my suggestion helped and didn't make it worse. I am fairly new, this is my second league only and first time with the build. xD

"
Tonu wrote:
Actually, I recently swapped my other Quicksilver flask ofr Atziri flask because my first Atziri run dropped me perfect 20/15 flask. Noticed it boosted my dps and it also gave some extra leech. I'm already running Sulphur and I don't really see a point of getting another one. I could go for some other flask instead (ie Rumi for extra defense).

Hmm, now that I think about it I really only use 1 of my Sulphur flasks out of the two I carry. It regains charges so quickly. I probably should also look into a second defensive flask or something else for utility.

"
Tonu wrote:
Even though it sounds really tasty to get, I'm not sure how good that actually is. Getting it would give me a nice +43% Cold damage (and +30 Crit Chance), but I could get +45% Cold damage elsewhere with 3 nodes by taking Elemental/Cold nodes. Another thing I could do for the 3 nodes is to get that Movement Speed node and +40 Int close to Vaal Pact. Or use 4 nodes to get -14% mana reserve and get Herald of Ice. I don't believe I'm getting more than 5 level ups anymore on this league so I'm kinda running low on skill points.

Edit: 10 mins later, Rumi flask dropped. 19/10 which is almost perfect. lol

Well, I suppose it really just comes down to your preference and what you really think is worth the limited points. On that note, I am curious if you are running into any issues proccing your Elemental OverIoad as you are running 30% less crit than the standard WI build.

Wow you are so lucky. Congrats on the flask. I am still pretty proud of my first ever Exalt drop a few days ago. :3
Last edited by hlp811 on Dec 30, 2018, 7:43:16 PM
"
hlp811 wrote:
On that note, I am curious if you are running into any issues proccing your Elemental OverIoad as you are running 30% less crit than the standard WI build.

I kept eye on my Elemental Overload buff when I was doing couple of maps. Seems like it procs really often. Usually seem to run out of the buff if there's ~4 second time window I don't see any adds. Surely more Crit would help to keep it up even more easier, but I this is more than enough to get the Elemental Overload to proc.
How does this version compare to the Occultist version? I'm wanting to try WI for the first time but seeing as you have two seperate builds I want to go with the absolutely TANKIEST version of it. Syndicate in t16 are no joke, and i'm looking for a build that just laughs them off.
Can you simply do a weapon swap to another staff with Winter Orb and use that for clearing maps?
best bet is to what OP did with 2 W/I with Element focus for bosses and cascade for trash, works pretty well. This is DEF not a sleepy build and flasks are VITAL to moving into red maps. I've get effing great gear now and get gibbed in T13 if I'm not very careful. This build is not for the lazy farmer and NOT that safe ( i have 1800 int and 7300 ES and it's not enough). It IS good for syndicate tho, I never die WHEN I USE FLASKS EFFECTIVELY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info