[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Playing this build in Betrayal and is INSANELY FUN! Might not be the "fastest" map clearing farmer but its still amazingly fast for a channelling build.

I have 2 questions, firstly. Would using Aztiri's gloves be a good idea with +80 INT and now being able to save the skill points to Vaal Pact?

Also have you tried incorporating MoM into this build? Even stacking Cloak of Defiance with MoM to get 50% damage mitigation from mana? I personally have no clue but it just seems a waste to stack INT and get ES and Mana from it, but the mana is wasted being reserved? Maybe if MoM / Shav's so you could reserve HP and mana turns into your HP?

Any advice is happily received :D
"
RedTEXHIK wrote:
I'm lvl 65

"
c0815h wrote:
Do you have the astramentis amulet?.

Are you serious? The worst shitty roll of it cost 22 chaos for now, at the time of question it was even more, about 50 as I remember. I can't get it when I just completed story-line.
"
RedTEXHIK wrote:
"
RedTEXHIK wrote:
I'm lvl 65

"
c0815h wrote:
Do you have the astramentis amulet?.

Are you serious? The worst shitty roll of it cost 22 chaos for now, at the time of question it was even more, about 50 as I remember. I can't get it when I just completed story-line.

Despite what others are saying, this is imho not a starter build. Unless you have astramentis, the staff and some lvling gear ready to go, i don't think the leveling experiance is all that smooth
"
Jangri wrote:
Despite what others are saying, this is imho not a starter build. Unless you have astramentis, the staff and some lvling gear ready to go, i don't think the leveling experiance is all that smooth

The staff is really not that expensive. As for some of the leveling gear, you can purchase the leveling gear pretty cheaply besides tabula. I was able to reach all the requirements with the belt Perandus Blazon he recommended and a cheap Onyx Amulet. Basically, I completed all Acts without Astramentis, so you don't need it for leveling and it went really smoothly. Even labs up to Merciless was a cake walk compared to the Reaver/Blade Flurry build I did last League. I was just under 1k int (prior to getting Astramentis) so take it as you will.

Though I admit pre-staff the leveling was a minor annoyance. But so are most builds that require specific skills to be available.

"
Ashvile wrote:
Also have you tried incorporating MoM into this build? Even stacking Cloak of Defiance with MoM to get 50% damage mitigation from mana? I personally have no clue but it just seems a waste to stack INT and get ES and Mana from it, but the mana is wasted being reserved? Maybe if MoM / Shav's so you could reserve HP and mana turns into your HP?

Any advice is happily received :D

You do realize your damage scales with Int due to the unique mod on Whispering Ice staff. So it is extremely useful as not only does Int scale your damage it also increased the size of your ES. More damage, more effective health with Energy Shields. What is so wasteful about stacking Int? :P
Last edited by hlp811 on Dec 19, 2018, 10:37:32 AM
How do you deal with stun and freeze?

So far I've been using a freeze flask to deal with freeze but would but nice to not have to lean on that. Stuns on the other hand I find myself stuttering all the time from archers.

Also, what about going low life with a shavs, seems like it wouldn't take much to get pain attunement up and running and overall the large number of available rares makes it easy to run a shavs in the chest. I guess the biggest downside is the chest has the %increased int from a shaped vaal regalia.

Any tips on improving clear speed as well? The start up time for scorching ray and ice storm can be very slow when trying to map clear but I don't think there is much to be done...
Hi man, cool build I've been thinking of trying something like this for some time and with betrayal I finally did.

I was running ES till now but since the shaped body armors and the watcher's eye that i wanted were quite expensive I decided to revert back to life. :D

Currently I have 2158 int.

If you have time and want to check my current variation here is the paste bin:
https://pastebin.com/h3P1DXxP
What about try life version of WispIce?
What is the verdict on the pure cold version vs the fire conversion? Did anyone play with it?

Thematically, I like the look of the orb much better than whispering ice being triggered by a beam of fire.

I am going to be doing the tanky guardian version of a whispering ice character, however the viability of winter orb as the new channeling skill should translate similarly across most builds.

I was hoping winter orb would add some single target damage for bosses and add QOL improvements when clearing maps especially for hitting strays as I am moving.

I was thinking winter orb, CWC, cold pen, hypothermia, concentrated effect, and life leech for the links. In a 5 or 6 link winter orb should add a lot of single target damage to WI.

Any feedback on the pure cold version would be appreciated. I have time off next week and will be starting the new character then.

Last edited by DaleDVM on Dec 21, 2018, 12:39:48 AM
"
wildandloved wrote:
Hi man, cool build I've been thinking of trying something like this for some time and with betrayal I finally did.

I was running ES till now but since the shaped body armors and the watcher's eye that i wanted were quite expensive I decided to revert back to life. :D

Currently I have 2158 int.

If you have time and want to check my current variation here is the paste bin:
https://pastebin.com/h3P1DXxP

What's the benefit of goinh life?
"
DaleDVM wrote:
What is the verdict on the pure cold version vs the fire conversion? Did anyone play with it?

I'd love to hear about this as well, as i've managed to stuff up my levelling build by getting confused between the Scion and Occultist versions of these. So i've taken some of the cold nodes and am using Winter Orb.

Can anyone advise as to what i should do from here, can i keep going as i am or should i start over, i've gotten myself really muddled up here :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info