[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Sorry if I've missed it, but is there a PoB link for the build?
I kind of regret choosing this as a league starter. Freezing pulse is just painful. I'm squishy, I barely do any damage, and groups just eat me alive. I'll try to keep going until i can at least get ice storm, but there's no way i'll be able to afford whispering ice anytime soon.

Transportation is impossible. I just don't do enough damage and they always escape. This has been very frustrating.
"
Momopooka wrote:
I kind of regret choosing this as a league starter. Freezing pulse is just painful. I'm squishy, I barely do any damage, and groups just eat me alive. I'll try to keep going until i can at least get ice storm, but there's no way i'll be able to afford whispering ice anytime soon.

Transportation is impossible. I just don't do enough damage and they always escape. This has been very frustrating.

You can skip Betrayal Mechanics until you are better geared.
"
ZachOK wrote:
"
Momopooka wrote:

You can skip Betrayal Mechanics until you are better geared.

Yeah, I probably will until I can get some better stuff. I finally saved up for 2 lifesprigs and it's made a huge difference already.
Love ur guide,thanks for effort.
Feral
Any updates on the new cold version?
I'm level 52 and following this guide pretty well but I feel pretty squishy - the life leech seems really low and i'm not able to facetank much like the guide mentions. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Thorhald on Dec 9, 2018, 7:36:54 PM
A quick update:

I'm playing the Occultist version in this league. The Ascendant should be just as good as it was. I added a couple of things to the leveling guide:

1. There is a new decent leveling option if you don't have the staff by lv 39 yet: Winter Orb - CwC - Freezing Pulse - GMP. But really, get the staff if you can!

2. Don't neglect Int. I see people not using Int items, not bothering to buy a 1c Fertile Mind - and then complaining that leveling sucks. It doesn't if you do it right.

And as a general advice: ignore the Syndicate while leveling, just run through and get your levels. This is an endgame build, it's not designed for dealing with new untuned mechanics at early levels. Once you are lv 70+ and using CI and Int/ES gear - then you can do the Syndicate stuff easily, even while wearing 1c items.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
A quick update:

I'm playing the Occultist version in this league. The Ascendant should be just as good as it was.

How are you finding the Occultist version?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
2. Don't neglect Int. I see people not using Int items, not bothering to buy a 1c Fertile Mind - and then complaining that leveling sucks. It doesn't if you do it right.

I am only lvl 21 but I thought the only thing Int did was increase your Mana pool and ES. How does that help with leveling? ^^a The damage is ok-ish now that i am dual wielding Lifesprig wands. XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info