[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I would vote for a new page and link that new page on this page as fire build is still working fine.

Also, if possible can we have a cold and fire build at the same time?
maybe something like switch the staff and few items/gems. As long as skill tree is consistent we can do it.
"
gruumine wrote:
I would vote for a new page and link that new page on this page as fire build is still working fine.

Also, if possible can we have a cold and fire build at the same time?
maybe something like switch the staff and few items/gems. As long as skill tree is consistent we can do it.

Nope, skilltree is pretty much the main thing that differ between cold version and fire-conversion version.
But it's not so bad, you will probably need about 10 regret orbs to change it, so it's easily switchable. But no so switchable as just "alternate weapon".
Don't forget that even if we ignore fire damage nodes to easily switch between, fire conversion version require avatar of fire, and cold version will never live together with it.

Better just try both versions, and switch to the one that you prefer, that would be cheap enough.

P.S. Don't forget that it is vastly depends on how good will "winter orb" be. And also, if we really switch to winter orb, we would need additional currency investment to link our staff to atleast 5l, but preferably 6l.
Well, if you think about it, winter orb don't really "need" cold version either, and can easily work with full fire conversion as well. But well, i like chill and freeze, it's add to our defense, it can be that fire conversion was just "relic of the past" when it was needed. Everything will be revealed in the next league :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 1, 2018, 2:00:10 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
And also, if we really switch to winter orb, we would need additional currency investment to link our staff to atleast 5l, but preferably 6l.

I doubt that WO will have an AoE tag, so then linking it to CE won't be necessary. Or LL for that matter (unless WO does huge damage of its own). Most likely the staff will be 4L, nothing special.

But 6L chest will be more useful than ever since the return of the 2nd curse.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
And also, if we really switch to winter orb, we would need additional currency investment to link our staff to atleast 5l, but preferably 6l.

I doubt that WO will have an AoE tag, so then linking it to CE won't be necessary. Or LL for that matter (unless WO does huge damage of its own). Most likely the staff will be 4L, nothing special.

But 6L chest will be more useful than ever since the return of the 2nd curse.

Really? I was so sure that shards from winter orb exploded in small AOE. In fact, so sure, that never even considered a possiblity of it "not being aoe". Let me watch video again.

Edit: Just checked video again - there is DEFINITELY aoe effect from those shards on the video. It's on 1:38 time mark.
The only thing, i never actually used herald of ice, so i don't exactly know how it looks like when mobs explode, but right now i'm pretty sure that this is base effect of winter orb.
Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 1, 2018, 4:22:37 PM
Since we don't have news on Winter Orb now, i guess i won't disrupt the discussion to much :D

Post won't add much, but i wanted to show in what i put alot of time into at the end of the league to people that might appreciate the effort :D

I played POE on and off during the times. Was around when Piety-Runs were a thing :D

When i returned during Perandus/Prohpecy WI was now a thing and i liked the idee because in the "old" days I was very invested in d2 and was one of the strange guys who played serious pvp there with a blizzard sorc :D
(and the legacy perandus signet rings wanted to be used ^^)

I played it, but selfcasting and without really good gear it did not feel great and it never really became much of anything.

Fast forward to my return for the return during end of incursion, i started with cyclone slayer the delve league and was not dissapointed. Something a close friend could not say about his build, because he would get sick for real from bodyswap in his poets build and had to switch gears. I agreed to level with him again and since he was going for a clearspeed champ with singple target problems, i thought WI could do fine as the boss killer alongside without taking away much budget from my main char.
Walked around with this "trash"

Spoiler

After we finished the story i did not do much with the char. I pimped out my slayer and well, my first ever selffound Watcher's Eys seemed like it had plans for me

I was doing fine on currency, so i decided i keep it around and set it for a overcosted price.

Fast forward again ( and skip a pretty pimped out summoner inbetween) i was getting really rich on the way finishing challanges which some good watcher's eye, +2 TS Enchantment hits etc and i rememberd the Watcher's Eye which was still around and i thought: Well i can go deep on that.

So i did exactly that and spend everything the last week to get this up and running the real way :D ( Divining Watcher's Eye is a pain btw -.-)

This is the endresult which i am pretty content with, since item availability really drops down in the last 3-4 weeks.

(Ring to keep Oak Balance in No REG Maps)
Tripple balanced Res for Oak at 91 ALL uncapped
12,6k ES (could be more, but i like the faster recharge. Need 96 for 13k but to lazy^^)
Some Stats
Spoiler

10K HO Damage with Spell Cascade

15k Buffed Damage with Spell Cascade

Close to 23k HO Damage with Conc

37k Buffed Damage with Conc

Was fun, wish CwC would apply the first cast a bit faster :(
Dunno if I return to WI with Winterorb, but finally i went all the way with the build and loved the face tank high damage power behind it.

Have fun next league^^
Lets hope that tomorrow isnt the end of all our hopes :-)

Lets see what balance changing things they do. Such as channeling skills will have 50 % loss of dmg would not be fine.
"

Lets see what balance changing things they do. Such as channeling skills will have 50 % loss of dmg would not be fine.

I don't think anything in this build is really likely to get nerfed. Major targets seem to be Stat Sticks, Poet's Pen, Ele Hit, Blade Vortex, and Arc. If anything, the mechanics of this build are in line to get buffed, as it uses a staff and a self-cast spell.

Something like "Vaal Pact also prevents ES regeneration" would be bad, but I don't see that happening.
"

Even if CwC will be nerfed, we still can selfcast. That will remove quite a good portion of ours QoL, but definitely not enough to "end our hopes" :)

Icestorm is too niche build to have excessive nerf anyway.
With things like stat sticks, 100% immunity, Zerphi, Poet's Pen, etc out there, we really shouldn't worry about getting nerfed. This build is far from OP. If anything, Icestorm needs a buff in clear speed.
@Kelvynn

Could you(anyone else is also fine) plz post an pob link with your current delve gear. I am number crunching and need something to compare?

thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info