[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255393/page/1

Could be useful for the fire version, depending on what Scorch is and how it works. If it's a fire debuff similar to Scorching Ray then it can replace Combustion (which it disables) and free up a socket.

But no Int and mediocre ES. I don't see it being better than a -resist fossil crafted Int helmet.

No int, and only 211 ES, might be a decent early league char, but mid/late game...
"
Bananaderson wrote:
A lot depends on what "Scorch" means, and the post mentions that it's one of three new ailments. Wonder what the cold one is? Only a few hours until we know!

I don't think Cold damage is getting a third ailment. Lightning is easily getting a second one if Fire is getting one. I'd guess the third might be a Chaos ailment? Or maybe another Phys.
With the build as it is currently, does the legacy Pyre ring offer any benefits? (found one in my standard stash and wondering if equipping it would be good or bad)
"
Bananaderson wrote:
A lot depends on what "Scorch" means, and the post mentions that it's one of three new ailments. Wonder what the cold one is? Only a few hours until we know!

They already announced the 2nd one - Impale, a phys ailment. Champion is getting new stuff for it in his Ascendancy.

There is still a hope that the 3rd one will be Cold and Occultist gets special things for it.

LF patch notes! :)
"
faelanae wrote:
With the build as it is currently, does the legacy Pyre ring offer any benefits? (found one in my standard stash and wondering if equipping it would be good or bad)

Not really. It's not worth using anymore. A rare 50+ Int ring with decent ES and resists corrupted with +%Int will give you more than legacy Pyre for the fire damage version. You can definitely use it (and free up 2 skill points from AoF and use CD instead of CtF). But vaaling rare rings is pretty easy.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 4, 2018, 6:34:52 PM
Well looks like no Whispering Ice Buffs/Nerfs, and Winter Orb is definitely a Channel skill.

Not sure if any other other Unique reworks made anything viable that previously wasn't, but I was only looking through for anything standout.

Edit:

Unless, of course, the new Fated Unique is Whispering Ice, which would certainly be interesting.
Last edited by Zephryl on Dec 4, 2018, 7:59:32 PM
How viable would you say this build is for a first time SSF build?

With cold damage changes to occultist do you think it is worth to switch to occ instead of scion?
Should be quite k, since you can farm cards for staff.
3.5 Patch Notes:

- No changes that affect the existing 3.4 (Fire) version of the build. Ready for 3.5 right away. New craftable and veiled mods may only add future upgrades.

- Cold version looks promising with Winter Orb (but they STILL have not unveiled it!)

- Occultist changes look very interesting for the Cold version. They forgot to mention if Ascendant Occultist gets any of that new stuff. Need to think about it. Hopefully PoB gets updated soon. But the possibility of being immune to ALL bad things (poison and other chaos from CI; shock and ignite from Cyclopean Coil; chill, freeze and stun from Occultist) is extremely appealing! And freezing uber bosses albeit briefly... holy shit! I want to try that even if it's not as powerful as the fire Ascendant.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 5, 2018, 1:03:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info