[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
FreedomOI wrote:
@Kelvynn

Could you(anyone else is also fine) plz post an pob link with your current delve gear. I am number crunching and need something to compare?

thx

It's easy, just open PoB and import from pathofexile.com
I mean, there is an option called "character import". Just type "Kelvynn" there, click start, choose his character, and then click both buttons that will appear (passive tree and jewels, items and skills).
The only thing that you need to choose manually is "bandits choice"
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 3, 2018, 3:56:58 PM
"
FreedomOI wrote:
@Kelvynn

Could you(anyone else is also fine) plz post an pob link with your current delve gear. I am number crunching and need something to compare?

thx

It's in the first post ('My Delve league gear and stats').

For the cold damage version (not final, just whatever I was testing with) - import my char WInfinity.
The Unique Overhaul is currently the thing most likely to effect us.

It's possible they'll rework something we use as a "Buff" which actually ruins the build, but most likely it won't touch anything we use and there's a chance we'll have new Uniques that are viable with the build.

There's also the small possibility that Whispering Ice will get a proper buff without them breaking it completely, which would be nice.
Yeah, the unique changes can be completely random. They can get buffed or ruined, made more common or retarded rare. You never know with GGG.
"
The following principles were applied in looking at rebalancing unique items:
- Any item that drops very rarely should be justified in being that hard-to-find. Many very rare items have been improved, while a few were made more common.
- Unique items that are acquired through specific high-tier bosses (for example, Elder and Shaper Guardians) should be balanced upwards where they were not up to par.
- Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.
- Items which were relatively very strong, but did not damage diversity could be made more rare.

We use 3 uniques. Let's see:

1. WI and Cyclopean Coil are not 'very rare' drops. Astramentis is, kinda. If they buff Astra - it will be awesome.

2. WI and Astra are not boss specific drops. Cyclopean Coil is. If it gets buffed to be more 'on par' with the Elder - great.

3. Really depends on what they mean. I really doubt that WI 'dramatically affects diversity' in 2h weapons, or just staves. It's far from dominating the slot. We already know Queen of the Forest will be in the patch notes - that's a good example of a unique that 'dramatically affects diversity'. Or Inpulsa. Or Poet's Pen.

I would not say that Astramentis is a dominant amulet - in that slot Bisco's is the most obvious nerf candidate. Cyclopean Coil is definitely not a dominant belt either.

4. That is the category that may affect us. WI is 'relatively very strong', yet not a dominant weapon. It may become more rare. But The Incantation is a very common card. Will they go as far as making it rare too? I kinda doubt that. Astramentis is 'relatively very strong' for stat-based builds, but it's already very rare and I don't see it getting made even more rare. Cyclopean Coil - dunno really. It's great for stat-based builds, just like Astra. But that's still a niche. Unlike Astra it doesn't even give raw stats.

Less than 24 hr before we see the patch notes. The other interesting mentions in the Manifesto post are:
- more flat ES from the tree;
- buffs to cold damage from the tree;
- Occultist getting cold damage from Ascendancy.

That means possible tree changes and maybe even a switch to Occquisitor for the cold version, depending on how good Occ becomes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 4, 2018, 12:01:37 AM
I am with you with the points you illustrate verry nice in your post.
And Astramentis is a nice league beginner but futher the %att and dmg per int is better (in my opinion). And with the new crafting i think they must buff astra as it woulnd be in par with the rarity.

for the cyclopean i dont see a change. Its not really bad and not sooo good for builds but not rare.

if they change the rarity for wi it would be much more expensive to get a good one for small money. 16 or 17 was 2 c after 2 or 3 days in a league. and divines are expensive in beginning. So i see perhaps a problem in league starting. But IF winter orb will be a good skill we can go further with it and collect some currency what will be a good thing.

And the caster changings they made in the first archetye looks as that winter orb could be really strong.

so lets see what tommorrow happend.

As a side node. I DONT see any aul in that league also i did the last few days a big amount of delving.

I HATE it sooo much that some encounter in POE are hidden behind rng.
And with betrayal and so much possibilitys to choose i fear it would be much
more worse.
"
more flat Energy shield has been added on the tree.

This might be a huge buff, we have tons of inc.ES ....
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
more flat Energy shield has been added on the tree.

This might be a huge buff, we have tons of inc.ES ....

Oooh, I missed that. Good pickup.
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
This helm looks fine - no INT, but really nice ES, quite good fire res and elemental dmg boost - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtmTd-bU8AYlyqe.jpg:large
"
AnubixcZ wrote:
This helm looks fine - no INT, but really nice ES, quite good fire res and elemental dmg boost - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtmTd-bU8AYlyqe.jpg:large

A lot depends on what "Scorch" means, and the post mentions that it's one of three new ailments. Wonder what the cold one is? Only a few hours until we know!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255393/page/1

Could be useful for the fire version, depending on what Scorch is and how it works. If it's a fire debuff similar to Scorching Ray then it can replace Combustion (which it disables) and free up a socket.

But no Int and mediocre ES. I don't see it being better than a -resist fossil crafted Int helmet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info