[3.2] Scion Deadeye / Assassin Ele Wander - Kinetic Blast / Barrage

Attention: This build is for Rainboy non straight bois only, RD in particular

This is a decent league starter build option because it isn't too expensive, and while there are some useful leveling uniques, they are not mandatory. This is pretty much Mathil's old ele wander build, however with the recent buffs to Scion's ascendancies, I'm switch out Elementalist for Assassin. Elementalist was nice because of the 50% to ele reflect, but Assassin's new "Damage from your Critical Strikes cannot be Reflected" as well as increased crit and power charge generation is pew pew.

The basic idea is Deadeye/Assassin, with Kinetic Blast and Barrage. One of the most fun, and least straight builds I've ever played.

Leveling and Passive Tree Goodness
Spoiler

24 points
Spoiler
Level with frost blades until level 12, then pick up Barrage. At level 16 start using 3 Heralds. Ice, Ash, and Thunder. Also think of throwing in Added Cold and Added Lightning as supports for your Barrage. Try and find a Volley Fire Veridian Jewel, as well as a Static Electricity Veridian Jewel and those them in the first two jewel slots along the passive path. They will help a lot, giving extra barrage projectiles and more damage.

www.poeurl.com/bNdS

46 points
Spoiler
At level 28 we take Kinetic Blast. Take Heart of Oak and Finesse, and then work your way up the tree towards the Wand nodes at the top.

www.poeurl.com/bNdP

72 points
Spoiler
After grabbing the Wand nodes at the top of the tree, we work our way back down and grab as much life as we can. We will also throw another Static Electricity jewel into the second jewel socket we unlock. At this point you'll also want to swap a Poacher's Aim jewel in for the Volley Fire Jewel you were using for leveling.

www.poeurl.com/bNdT

98 points
Spoiler
We fill out the rest of the tree taking Crit and Elemental Damage as well as Point Blank.

www.poeurl.com/bNdU

Final Tree
Spoiler
Once we complete Uber Lab, we can start from the Ranger start location. This allows us to clean up the unneeded nodes in between Scion and Ranger.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAABAFb6fXXdRhR1jbls5zQgYesDlgnZelNKfcSi458DHqTCN9QRgW8nj2Dw1QBe6NZirGyM1CMRllVLePltbHTx51QmlR3CXfIPxH7dpq_0-AW1GNv9bv66r-uXBoMJIia-7ncHhwdNkh9BvoAOSG-eUUc7fIw2CC61SCP2FLCio0lRYEOHEzB8nKS74xa_lS6hIisKwXybJgcef8adqpphh3btP2eg8bNjp7jKS1fA4xEvjX3tg8fKokCCHjY9jb9_K5pqcFJh4gX5OyhuPcpGlyHJRD9zGY7TfiT953R31wmgAdEqCyBZ_97OcOKtidPB8-tje26FDs96

Great Leveling Uniques
Spoiler
Level 1 - Redbead Rusted Sword, Last Resort Nailed Fist
Goldrim Leather Cap
Wanderlust Wool Shoes

Level 5 - Ondar's Clasp Wrapped Mitts - These will carry you to about level 35
Karui Ward Jade Amulet - This will also carry you for 30 to 40 levels

Level 8 - Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt

Level 12 - Tabula Rasa Simple Robe - This is always ideal however it is not mandatory. You can get along just fine with 3 and 4 links till maps.
Storm Prison Wand - I would suggest using 2 of these as soon as you switch to Barrage.
Wurm's Molt Belt - This is a good upgrade from your Meginord's because you might have INT problems at this point.

Level 28 - Wake of Destruction Boots - tons of lightning damage

Level 30 - Theif's Torment Prismatic Ring - Pretty much mandatory for this build until mapping I think. This will solve all of your mana problems and keep you life cap'd as well. Love this ring

Level 38 - The Magnate Studded Belt - doesn't have to be level 38, whenever you find you can replace the Wurms Molt, give it a go.

Level 40 - Find grey engraved wands and essence them for Elemental damage. Use two of these

Level 65 - Piscator's Vigil Wand - best end game wand for us.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Normal - take the boring Dex node and passive point towards Ranger
Cruel - Take Deadeye and the Dex and Int node towards Shadow
Merc - Take passive point and Assassin
Uber - Take passive point and Path of Ranger

Bandits
Spoiler
Alira

Flasks
Spoiler
The Wise Oak Bismuth Flask
Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat
Diamond Flask
Quicksilver Flask

Skill Gem Setup
Spoiler
Chest 6l - Barrage, Added Cold Damage, Increased Critical Strikes, Added Lightning Damage, Elemental Focus Elemental Damage with Attacks - PS - use Elemental Focus as your 6th link
Priority - Barrage, Added Cold Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Added Lightning Damage, Increased Crit Strikes, Elemental Focus.
Boots 4l - Kinetic Blast, Crit Strikes , Greater Multiple Projectiles, Elemental Damage with Attacks
Gloves 4l - Assassin's Mark, Curse on Hit, Onslaught, Herald of Ice
Helm 4l - Flame Dash, Wrath, Vaal Haste, Increased Duration
Extras - Blood Rage, Summon Ice Golem or Summon Lightning Golem. Vaal Lightning Trap

Needed Items to help Quality of Life
Spoiler
2 Elreon's Unset Rings - These are vital early game to manage the mana needed to cast Kinetic Blast.

Thief's Torment Ring - This is a huge quality life ring, and will keep your mana and health full while attacking.

Equipment you should look for
Spoiler
Piscator's Vigil Tornado Wand - Great end game elemental damage wand. Make sure to spec out of your Phys damage wand nodes at the very top of the tree, and take the cast/attack speed wand nodes instead.

Starkonja's Head Silken Hood - Probably the best evasion/health helm for survivability.

Yeriel's Fostering - End game chest

Belly of the Beast - This is an ideal and more realistic option for most people. I think if you are playing HC, this is the best way to go.

All other gear just look for good rares with health, res, attack speed and elemental damage.

PS - I'm sure I'm missing so much stuff. Stay cute, have fun, stay safe.

Last edited by Egorbopol on Mar 7, 2018, 1:30:27 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 11:24:17 AM
Looking forward to trying your suggestion.

Some of your leveling tree links are missing points by the way.
"
One of the most fun, and least straight builds I've ever played.

I loooove right clicking my wand and saying abracadra and poof there's blowie bubbles everywhere and my screen stutters as I fail to control myself. Would you say that is an accurate description of how one can feel playing this?
"
Looking forward to trying your suggestion.

Some of your leveling tree links are missing points by the way.

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I've updated the thread to fix the broken passive links.
"
Camdalf wrote:
"
One of the most fun, and least straight builds I've ever played.

I loooove right clicking my wand and saying abracadra and poof there's blowie bubbles everywhere and my screen stutters as I fail to control myself. Would you say that is an accurate description of how one can feel playing this?

SPOT ON! If you like blowie bubbles, this is the build for you my good sir.
When is best to convert to kb. My only question is why this over the speed of raider/pf
Last edited by Lanzatron on Mar 2, 2018, 2:12:32 AM
"
Lanzatron wrote:
When is best to convert to kb. My only question is why this over the speed of raider/pf

I converted to KB as soon as I was able to, at level 28. Make sure you have at least 1 Elreon ring though, because mana can be a problem early on.

Raider/PF is also a fun looking option, and the movement and attack speed given from those look great. My friends and I play primarily HC only, so the survivability options that come with Assassin (your crits don't reflect), and Deadeye (bleeding doesn't deal extra damage) felt safer. The extra projectiles and added crit and power charges synergies nicely for this build too.
This looks promising as a league starter.
hey, looks like nice build really, what shield should we take btw ? and can it be leveled as bow build u think ?
"
Sadistic54 wrote:
hey, looks like nice build really, what shield should we take btw ? and can it be leveled as bow build u think ?

I used an Evasion buckler with high life roll, resistance, and Attack Speed. I'm sure it can be used with bows, Mathil actually just posted a 3.2 Iceshot/barrage Deadeye build that uses a similar passive tree. I'm sure a Scion version of that with assassin and this tree but swapping wand nodes for Bow nodes could work nicely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info