[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
Erichan wrote:
This is a amazing league starter I'm having so much fun. However I'm finding I'm too squishy at 4.7k Life. I still need more levels to finish off Thick Skin wheel and get Heart of Oak. I don't really know what to upgrade next apart from 6L BotB (Currently running a 5l)

Any tip would be appreciated and thanks for the build guide :P

That's kinda the only problem with the build. We don't really have big endgame goal items. It just utilizes low grade gear so well that it doesn't really make sense to spend 4-8 ex on something for a 20k DPS increase.

The only real way to maximize health with this build is just grabbing every available node. We don't really have a lot of life nodes to work with.

4.7K isn't too bad. A lot of the build is positioning. Your gear looks fine, but you could always optimize with more life and elemental damage with attacks and what not.
Hi, I am using this build as a starter and I am having fun leveling. I was wondering about gem levels. I see you highlighted some levels in your guide, do I max all the others? keep them maxed during leveling? Even whirling blades?

Sorry I only dabbed casually in poe so I am kinda nooby.

Edit. I realized I can look at gem lvls on path of building. the leveling question is still valid? right? right?

;_;
Last edited by BigDrako on Sep 4, 2018, 4:33:33 PM
"
BigDrako wrote:
Hi, I am using this build as a starter and I am having fun leveling. I was wondering about gem levels. I see you highlighted some levels in your guide, do I max all the others? keep them maxed during leveling? Even whirling blades?

Sorry I only dabbed casually in poe so I am kinda nooby.

Edit. I realized I can look at gem lvls on path of building. the leveling question is still valid? right? right?

;_;

Lol its all good, yes everything that isn't stated otherwise, level it to max.
Hey man! I'm the noob from youtube looking for help :)
"
1sojourner wrote:
Hey man! I'm the noob from youtube looking for help :)

I see a lot wrong, but it should be good enough for early act progression. Ideally you'd want to use a alchemy on that 5 link of yours. Getting the rest of your gear to rares that have life - res - anythig else in that order should be a priority.

Luckily for you, your a few days late into the league so a lot the starter gear is cheap as hell now. I would try to see if you could buy a goldrim. That would solve all your res problems for a loooong time. That way you can just focus on getting life and progressing through the acts.

I'd take this first game playthrough a bit more slowly and farm areas like ledge in act 6, harbour bridge in act 8, and blood aqueducts in act 9. This will allow you to be pretty setup in the endgame which as a new player will make the game feel a lot better, but it highly depends if you're used to these kinds of games or not.

Hope this helps and have fun. P.S I also have a discord that is for faster help, its listed in the main page of the build.

I am having trouble.. I am a first timer here... So I just use frost blades? What other gems do I use? Id hate to get far into it and see I messed up on gems....
"
Sadboy710 wrote:
I am having trouble.. I am a first timer here... So I just use frost blades? What other gems do I use? Id hate to get far into it and see I messed up on gems....

Download a program called path of building (For viewing passive tree,gems, and a bunch more). Then hit new build, then go to import export and press import from pastebin and copy the pastebin link from the main page of the build guide and paste it there.

This will allow you to see our gear, our gems, and our passive tree at the most up-to-date version.

I highly recommend you do that before starting the build to get a idea of what to do.
Changed most of my gear, still not the best items but I'm getting close to your PoB stats.

Thanks ! Lot of fun
Last edited by Ulkio on Sep 5, 2018, 4:48:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply before!

I have one more question...

In the (Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) - Immortal Call ( Level 3) - Increased Duration (Level 20)) chain why do you stop leveling Cast When Damage Taken and Immortal call? I'm just curious on how the mechanics work.

Also in your video I think you have Frost Bomb as part of the chain. Does that fire off of Cast When... or do you cast it separately?

Thanks in advance!
Heya, loving it so far! Few questions:

-What prefixes/suffixes are you specifically looking for on this character? like, order of importance?

-What maps did you shape in SSF? What made you go with those choices?

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info