Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
That is the first scripted dialogue piece after dropping, yep. :)

Also the first line I ever wrote for the sword. I mean, it was right there. Just waiting.

Leveling up with my Oni-Goroshi was the most fun leveling of any character. Thank you, Charan!!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I've been away from the game for awhile, haven't played since the end of Beastiary's Flashback. Still on the quest for a +2 weapon range for some possible Cyclone action... Not too sure how effective it will be but at the least the corruption is rare enough it's a noble goal.
Some SSF player
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Ah, no there isn't. first level up dialogue is at 10. Unless GGG wrote and recorded a line I didnt know about. Not really their MO.

So You telling me when i dropped OG then took and use it in new char and she speaks at level 5 i was hallucinating? Fascinating. Test it, i guess You have at least one. 5 lvl is fast.

So my last test where I destroyed Kuduku at level 4 is proof that de99ial could have heard the sword speak on a level 5 character.

Edit: Just not the same character that got the sword (obvious "well duh").
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 9, 2018, 7:10:36 AM
In my test, I did not get to Kuduku with Oni.
So yes de99ial could have heard that at level 5 but one would think that they would remember that particular fight with a unique enemy vs some random mob.
Nonetheless, it is a scripted event as you noted earlier, not tied to level.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Thanks for scharing.

I will probably Hunt Her again.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I feel as though a glowing, occasionally snarky sword might be a good companion in the darkness...

yeah, that's my totally not subtle way of saying I'll be giving Delve a go. The fact that the cart slows down and lights the path behind you has me old at least on a 'give it a go' level. I HATED the countdown in Incursion, but there's a sense of 'go your own pace' to how the crawler works, and the fact that once you finish a level it keeps the path illuminated behind you for more thorough backtracking and checking of side areas/corridors meshes with my preferred playstyle.

I also think these new craftable currency items *might* be a little less low-level power creepy than the incursion rares, given they increase the level req to equip the item significantly.

And I have to admit, the new lighting looks really pretty.

All in all, it's still free and what's the worst that can happen? I don't like it, so I uninstall again. I've convinced myself I no longer need to support the game financially (keeping up with titles is fun but given I have the one title no other regular poster does, that should suffice for my e-peen, eh?), so there's literally nothing to lose in trying Delve other than a little time.

I stayed in standard the last few leagues. Guild buddies said Incursion was great but I note that they seemed to drop out a bit earlier than usual? I'll check out Delve maybe, about time to play a league. Although I just went through the trouble of matching resistances on my Oni-Goroshi build to maximize the Wise Oak flask's power. I'm going to have to play with this great Oni-Goroshi just a bit longer.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
de99ial wrote:
Thanks for scharing.

I will probably Hunt Her again.

Yes, the Twilight Strand Beach has clean water and the sand is pure. It is a very serene place to hunt and completely kill zombies. There is no insane hectic pace of speed racing, just a nice leisurely stroll up the beach and kill Hillock. Once you get to upper level 7, then you should start calling for uber Hillock to come out and play. You see, Uber Hillock (Hillocks older twin... by a few minutes) is much more shy than Hillock and thus will not come out to to play the dance of death as soon as we all would like. All we can do is pound sand (kill zombies as we run up the beach) until uber Hillock finally does decide to come out and play (that nasty sword must hurt him terribly).

At least The Twilight Strand Beach does not have Red Tide or be suffering from super toxic nasty blue-green algae that is killing our fishes here is SW Florida. This is the direct result of big farming industry (sugar cane and other large agriculture) runoff that goes into Lake Okeechobee. In the summer raining season our Lake (there is a very large dyke that encompasses it) level rises to the point that the locks must be opened to lower it's level. The main river out of the lake is the Caloosahatchee River that flows west to the Gulf of Mexico where I live and the high nitrogen levels in the water is causing the algae blooms and befouls our beaches and waterways. But at least Wraeclast does not have any pollution problems like this. Just the stench of rotting corpses littering the beach. That's why if any exile manages to become a member of the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club they are required to help clean up the beach. Especially if you choose to play with uber Hillock as a melee build (my other post easily show why that causes massive zombie build-up).  :)

Note: Don't get put off by the grind. I have 3 swords so far and my last Oni farmer (I always set up a 4 farmer rotation to handle the 90 second zone reset time) is at level 8.95 and is getting close to becoming a Level 9 beach club member.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Another day and Level 9 on the Strand beach:

Oh Uber Hillock... why won't you come out and play with me? I can remove that nasty sword from your body. Could it be that you are learning something from this "Groundhog Day" event. You come out to play, we do the "spiral dance of death" that culminates in your death. I get another beautiful sword and stop your suffering with that nasty sword having been run through you. All should be good... but another Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club member (I believe that's 4 now, lost track) is only for the insane exiles or those that are longing for the old style PoE that wasn't a "speed racing" mess.

Uber Hillock... Uber Hillock... oh I so wish that you would come out and play with me. I promise to end your suffering. Did Charan run away after it got stuck in you? He should have known better than to melee attack you.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 10, 2018, 10:40:55 AM
If we don't have to go through all ten acts before we can go underground, then farming Oni seems very smart.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
If we don't have to go through all ten acts before we can go underground, then farming Oni seems very smart.

That's one thing that no one has said anything about is how soon we will encounter Niko the Mad. Will he be found in the Mud Flats like Alva and every zone thereafter? Or will we need to get to the town of Oriath before we can find him? So far I haven't seen it stated or in any video.

Further back in Bestiary league I ended up with 2 level 9 Oni farmers and got swords at 2% and 4%. At that time I said I'm done with this for a long time. Guess what, I burned out on speed racing the temple so I went back to the beach to slow down and recharge with a 4 exile rotation. 4 weeks in on my totally casual playing of these sword farmers and I have 3 with the 4th (see post above) becoming the newest member of The Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club (unfortunately uber Hillock won't come out and play). That's how burned out on speed racer builds that I needed to slow down and this is the best way to do that with guaranteed 6 link sword results. Eventually if I pull the Oni sword slot machine arm enough times I'll get 3 cherries and finally on my 11th sword I got 90% crit chance.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 10, 2018, 10:52:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info