Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Then they need to drop the 'item' part of 'item rarity'. :P

Oh, by the way, I think you dropped this:
Spoiler
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
I was wondering if item rarity helps much?

It will have no effect on Oni farming. You have to spawn uber hillock to get Oni to drop, so just keep spamming instances until he spawns.

You will know when he spawns. ;)

But... what if uber hillock spawn chance scales with item rarity?

This was my initial thought. Thinking about it a bit more, it would mean that prior to spawning the Twilight Strand instance, the code would have to check character item rarity. The programmer would have had to think of it and added code to check character item rarity when deciding if Uber Hillock should spawn. Not impossible but unlikely, I'd guess.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Then they need to drop the 'item' part of 'item rarity'. :P

Oh, by the way, I think you dropped this:
Spoiler

UberUser drop?

This was my initial thought. Thinking about it a bit more, it would mean that prior to spawning the Twilight Strand instance, the code would have to check character item rarity. The programmer would have had to think of it and added code to check character item rarity when deciding if Uber Hillock should spawn. Not impossible but unlikely, I'd guess.[/quote]

The game checks for rarity on kill not zone spawn.
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:

"
This was my initial thought. Thinking about it a bit more, it would mean that prior to spawning the Twilight Strand instance, the code would have to check character item rarity. The programmer would have had to think of it and added code to check character item rarity when deciding if Uber Hillock should spawn. Not impossible but unlikely, I'd guess.

The game checks for rarity on kill not zone spawn.

Of course it checks for rarity on kill. What I said was, "The programmer would have had to think of it and added code to check character item rarity when deciding if Uber Hillock should spawn". If that is what the programmer did then the fact would be that the game DOES in fact do the check for rarity on zone spawn. Unless you have heard from GGG you cannot say for a fact whether or not the code checks for that or not at zone spawn. Like I said, I don't think this is likely but it's not impossible.

I have finally got an uber Hillock and an Oni-Goroshi drop. It just happened to happen on my character with the 19% rarity. This is a pathetically way too small a sample size to know one way or the other though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
It just happened to happen on my character with the 19% rarity. This is a pathetically way too small a sample size to know one way or the other though.

Methinks you're overthinking this. It's highly unlikely that 'item rarity' has ever had any effect on mob spawns. Either way, you can also check out this quote from the Goddess sword mega thread. I believe this answers your question.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Unlike other drops, Oni-Goroshi will spawn the moment the instance is created, so magic find won't help.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
It just happened to happen on my character with the 19% rarity. This is a pathetically way too small a sample size to know one way or the other though.

Methinks you're overthinking this. It's highly unlikely that 'item rarity' has ever had any effect on mob spawns. Either way, you can also check out this quote from the Goddess sword mega thread. I believe this answers your question.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Unlike other drops, Oni-Goroshi will spawn the moment the instance is created, so magic find won't help.

I am not overthinking anything. It would be extremely easy to implement the code I mentioned that could have been added. Specifically the uber Hillock spawn code would have to have an if statement that essentially did the following.

IF ((character-level > 6) and (character-level < 10) THEN
{
here's the code to check RNG for spawn of uber Hillock
}

Inside the above if statement could be code to simply check the character item rarity.

I'm not over thinking it. I simply stated that it was possible. I've explicitly stated that I thought it unlikely that the additional code to check character item rarity was added.

I was not aware that Oni-Goroshi had been designed by Charan. Thank you for pointing at a definitive statement on the issue and an interesting read.

edit: also I had sound turned off on my computer and so missed all of Charan's personal contribution and it was fun to read what I'd missed since the text was not put into the chat box.
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 12, 2018, 11:43:18 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:

edit: also I had sound turned off on my computer and so missed all of Charan's personal contribution and it was fun to read what I'd missed since the text was not put into the chat box.

If you have the "output dialog to chat" option turned on it should show the Goddesses dialog in the chat. At least it used to, if it's not now that may be a bug.

Edit: You just missed the on-drop dialog, She has quite a bit to say throughout the story mode. :)
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jul 12, 2018, 11:57:47 PM
If you gonna use OG on char that dropped her you wont hear all dialogues - there is one at level 5 and it will be missed for obvious reasons.
Here's my latest Incursion League round of Oni farming insanity:
Spoiler

Another day and Level 7 on The Twilight Strand beach.

Another day and Level 8 on The Twilight Strand beach. Hey Uber Hillock, will you play with me?
We can have a lovely time making sand castles... or not.

Oh there you are Uber Hillock. So nice of you to finally come and play with me.
Care to do the spiral dance of death? Yes... wonderful!

Take that...

and that...

and that.

Uber Hillock is dead. Goodbye... it was oh so very nice to play and dance with you.  :)
Oh do please get out of my face you disgusting nastie.

At last, Charan's Sword. Oh how the blade shines so beautifully.
The exquisite detailed workmanship and the 6 linked sockets. Such a wonderful treasure to hold.

Edit: Playing with Uber Hillock this Saturday (Witch) and Uber Hillock last Saturday (Shadow):
Spoiler

Ah, so nice of you to come and play with me so early...

Goodbye Uber Hillock... I so enjoyed the dance of death time with you.
But oh the zombies you invite! The nasties must be eliminated...

Oh my... oh so many nasties... how shall I ever dispose of them all?

Important Note: Use a ranged character to farm Charan's Sword. Face tanking Uber Hillock is a pain and a half and you are confronted/confounded by too many nasties:

Oh my indeed! The nasties did not want me to spiral dance with Uber Hillock. Such a shame.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 21, 2018, 9:29:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info