Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Running 4 scions, for the speed boost. As someone noted spectral throw is a good way to kill Hillock through his adds.

Oni dropped after 1:45 hrs played at level 7.05.

The other 3 are now at about at about 7.3, with just over 2 hrs played each.

As a side note, 3 of 4 do not have 10% boots. I recall that all 4 in the previous league had run boots by level 5 or so. RNG or stealth nerf? :)
Last edited by Saevan on Mar 5, 2018, 9:51:45 AM
Has the OG droprate boost theory been verified from level 8 and onward ?

i'm wondering if it's worth farming up to level 8 on my toons instead of trying to grind it on level 7
IGN: SjeveN
"
drymagon wrote:

i'm wondering if it's worth farming up to level 8 on my toons instead of trying to grind it on level 7

From my research on this thread and reddit it seems like the higher level you are the better chance you have. People usually find Oni at 7/8lvl but very rarely at 6lvl.

I'm currently running 4 shadows;
3x 7.50lvl
1x 6.50lvl but still nothing.
"
drymagon wrote:

My 2nd Oni dropped @ lvl 8 so it`s possible, I doubt they put a cap on it, reaching lvl 7 + is already time consuming.
"
drymagon wrote:

I too am wondering this. I've been leveling up 4 characters to level 7 and have been rushing to hillock since. Almost level 8 on most characters which took quite a while. Till now I've only got wanderlust wool shoes, which give 20% movement speed but aren't as great for later as a tabula for example.
Might start killing zombies on the way to hillock again to make the leveling a bit faster.
4 scions 8,35 all. No sword. Im getting frustrated.
5:52:29 got my first sword, level 8.

Got 3 toons left, will run a few more hours and see if I can get a 2nd.

After a bit of research in a couple of reddit threads, I’ve now seen two possible examples of Oni Goroshi dropping more than once on a character. One guy had a picture and animated gif of him with two OGs in the Twilight Strand. Some people were claiming this one was a fake, but they had no evidence. The other was a british guy streaming and he had 3 OGs in his inventory while still in the Twilight Strand, and this was a video of him mousing over them and discussing them. I’m not sure how he could have faked that, or why, but I assume it is possible.

So while I won’t say those things prove without a doubt OG can drop more than once per character, they certainly seem to suggest it, barring any foul play. I’m still running my Scion using my first OG to try and prove it... Odds are my second won’t drop for her, but I’d love to prove for a fact this is possible, so I keep her in the rotation. Good luck to all the other farmers!

I found those threads relatively easily last night, on google. (While in bed, on my phone. So I didn’t save anything. If people show interest but are to lazy to find them, I’ll find them again and post them here.)
Back to farming...

Before it was not possible to drop second sword on the same character. Shame there is no offical info about this.

EDIT

Its around 9pm.

So i found second one on char that just reached 8 lvl by killing only Hillock.

And then, when i made last runs on my last goon and main char i found THIRD on main char :

Not very high rolls but that can be rewritten.

Summarising all that shit found in TS while hunting for OG
and some supperior flasks i keep for recipt.

Finally i can enjoy new league.

Good luck finding Her :)
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 5, 2018, 3:33:01 PM
Ok guys, i just droppped OG after JUST reaching level 8, that's insane. Literally the next instance after i reached level 8. You can see the XP bar on below screens is <1%

Took me about 10 hours total (3.20h on each char).

At first i was only running the boss @level7 but then i started to kill zombies along the way to get more xp and reach level 8 sooner. I guess it was a good idea :)

I would definitely recommend everybody to do that. Maybe it's just pure coincidence... But i doubt it.

Good luck for the guys that still didnt drop it. Do not surrender :)

EDIT:
Haha that rool, lucky !

IGN: SjeveN
Last edited by drymagon on Mar 5, 2018, 4:33:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info