Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
SerenaDrake wrote:

jackass

If you haven't experienced Her Embrace, you don't know what you are missing.

Yes, badly acted and written cringe-worthy lines.

Farming DAYS in Twilight Strand really seems so wroth it.
All my Scions hit lvl 8. Between 2:41 and 2:46... Hope this grind is over for me soon. GGG realy wants people hate there game ;-)
"
KatKira wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
SerenaDrake wrote:

jackass

If you haven't experienced Her Embrace, you don't know what you are missing.

Yes, badly acted and written cringe-worthy lines.

Farming DAYS in Twilight Strand really seems so wroth it.

A) this has nothing to do with 'her embrace'
B) you can turn the voice and text lines off

The nerf to oni drop rate was way too heavy handed and implemented in the most frustrating possible way. I agree that it was too easy to get last league, but that was in large part due to an exploit. Making the drop rate lower is fine, making uber hillock tougher is fine, but introducing such huge variance to the drop rate is a terrible idea. Now we have a situation where some people have 4 swords from 20 hours of farming, meanwhile I have been grinding for the same amount of time and have absolutely nothing to show. Introducing an increased random factor is by far the worst, most aggravating way to 'fix' the problem of oni-goroshi being too common, and just exacerbates the gap between the haves and have-nots in this game.
Have my first one, 4 characters around 2h40m played each.
Got one ONI today.

Chars:

Duelist - 7 lvl (deleted after get ONI)
Scion - 8 lvl
Shadow - 8 lvl
Ranger - 7 lvl
New Scion - 6 lvl atm (maded after duelist delete)

So one ONI obatined with Duelist after 14 hours total lvling and farm.

Now i'll try to get 2nd sword. Still no luck

Uniques farmed so far:

1 Tabula rasa
6 Ezomyte Peak helmet
1 Redbeak sword
1 Silverbranch bow

Best char to farm is Scion, because:

1. +9% movemenet speed with 3 nodes + 10% boots + Onslaught gem = FASTEST char
2. Spectral throw is the best for lvling if you use it right and get even mediocre weapon
3. Spectral throw pierce thrue zombies, so you can easily kill Hillok

But best DPS char is shadow, i have ~200 dps on viper strike atm, crit oneshots normal Hillok, non-crit with poison gem kill him too with single stab. I quess Uber i'll be not problem at all.

If you gonna try grind Oni, probably best way is:

Lvling two scions to lvl 6-7 with possible full clear.
Then create another Scion, start lvling her, and run your two 7 lvl chars just for kill Hillok. So you i'll be no needed to wait. Run one - kill Hillok, run and lvling another, run second - kill Hillok. After hitting with that new Scion lvl 6-7 you need to create another (4st) Scion and continue run 3 to just Hillok, and lvling this new. When all hit lvl 7, you can just run char by char with no waiting.

PS(edit): if you choose not Scions to farm oni - use BOW to lvling, melee is a way slower.

Good luck, Goroshi hunters :)
Last edited by lacnee on Mar 4, 2018, 6:41:49 PM
Are we 100% sure Uber Hillock can only spawn once per character? I was still running my Scion that found it and had hopes I could kill Uber Hillock using OG. Do a better job than whoever left it stuck in him to begin with.
My two level 8.2 scions still looking....maybe tonight.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Got mine at Templar 7-10% and Ranger 7-36%, 2 other characters around 30'ish
The fight with uber hilllock was really enjoyable!
1 death on Templar and 0 on ranger.
Good luck to people still grinding!

I have an Alien pet.

I got mine at 8.3. The Hillock fight was challenging for my scion. Spectral throw was too weak and slow and my sword and ax dangerous. Lots of running around. Oni, goldrim, and a tabula with lots of currency and rare gear is a pretty good starting point.

Slow but worth it. I should have run four rather than two farmers.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
shadowingo wrote:
Is it worth to kill usual Hillock or just log out to another character?
Anyone dropped oni from normal Hillock?

Killing hillock is like a moment, blink of an eye. So if i am already there i kill him. Why leving him? On my one character lats 40% exp of 8 lvl is from Hillock.

Still farmin for second.... :|

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info