Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
DrMech wrote:
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
Personally I gave up as soon as someone in guild showed T13 map drops. That was about when 3 of my characters in twilight were at 7.6 levels.

That was on 2nd day after leveling from 5 to 7 on Hillock kills along. It occurred to me I could have been doing maps by then, T1 at least. Getting better gear over-all and farming for Oni to buy.

What annoyed me though is WHY the nerf happened. GGG stating it dropped too fast too easy, letting people speed run through acts. One thing they clearly disregarded was:

The fact that the ONLY reason the drop was as high as it was, because people used that exploit where you kill everything on map, log out of zone, wait 1 minute and go back in to write /remaining. And if Hillock spawned then it's an Oni drop one. It made it x40 times easier yeah.. but that doesn't mean that legitimate way was not hard to begin with.

Now, reading through these pages all I see are people who got them 2 hours in and moved on. And other people, who are literally STUCK in twilight and could have been lvl 80+ by now with enough farm to buy one. They can't progress because the time they wasted would seem for naught, so they farm on.. it didn't make it harder to get, people can't play the league who want that Oni as a drop.

Hell, I am not even going into SSF cause those people have NO choice but to farm it. Spending 1 week for a single weapon, most people already play through WHOLE content by then and are done with the league (this I mean, a league where non-pokemon enthusiasts have no interest in catching beasts to craft leveling items)

I totally agree. I am one of the people trying to farm the sword without any succes (yet), feeling it's a waste to stop becauses of the hours I've put in by now. When GGG stated they made getting the sword harder, I wasn't thinking about 25 hours of farming without any results instead of the 4 hours it took me last league to get two swords.

The fact that characters had to be level 7 in order to get uber hillock to spawn seemed like a cool mechanic to me, since there's some kind of measurement. Raising the required level at which he spawns might have been the solution instead of making the odds lower causing some people to get a oni after just some hours, while others have to hope for rngesus to finally bless them after 20 hours or more.

Ofcourse starting to farm for oni is a choice, and I understand that GGG would like the sword to be considered special, but IMO when some people still get it relatively fast this droprate reduction isn't the answer to making oni-goroshi special. Instead it's making some people not enjoy the game, but (like you said) feel forced to continue grinding for the sword, instead of actually playing the game because of the many hours already in.

... I couldn't agree more with the both of you.. Le sigh.
Yeah... I tried, I gave up, after about 20 hours wasted farming. Yeah, not cool... I wish it spawned sooner if you were higher level. Getting to level 8/9 in Twilight Strand is not fun.
And man, did he look pretty ill
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
Now, reading through these pages all I see are people who got them 2 hours in and moved on. And other people, who are literally STUCK in twilight and could have been lvl 80+ by now with enough farm to buy one. They can't progress because the time they wasted would seem for naught, so they farm on.. it didn't make it harder to get, people can't play the league who want that Oni as a drop.

This is the thing that pisses me off about their decision to nerf the drop rate. I have 3 characters level 8.50, and nothing. This is the third day of my time playing PoE trying to get this sword so I can make a character I'm rather excited for. I haven't leveled or played my league starter character that I got to 80 before beginning farming for this sword. In the time I've spent in this god forsaken zone, I could have just bought a damn Oni myself, gotten better gear, and more levels. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I get the damn sword I will be completely over playing this league and not play the build I was excited for. I think GGG really fucked up with this.

I'm very glad I decided to buy Vermintide 2 and not another supporter pack lol..

Edit - I also find it amusing, the people who defend the process of getting this sword, that those of us who call it bad are only salty. I got downvoted to shit on reddit when I said it's bad design. When you subject players to monotony, and the general consensus is that it's boring, then it's terrible design.

Last league I was okay with it, because I felt, Okay, I just need to get 7 and I'll get it soon after, which I did, ultimately it wasn't terrible, but something I didn't think I'd do again. Dumb ol' me, even after seeing the nerf, and even after telling myself it would be terrible... here I am wasting away. I would have given up, but I've invested too much time now. If I give up and don't get this sword, then I'm probably done with the league, so I guess that's not really an option at this point, so I just have to remain pissed off until I eventually maybe get this sword hopefully soon...
Last edited by Azixo on Mar 5, 2018, 8:52:43 PM
Hi, there.

I missed out on it during Abyss as I wanted to try a different build, and by the time I realized this was an option it was too late for me to do it. However I still farmed the ONI just to get it and see how long it took (it was about 4-5h at lvl7 it dropped)

When I saw the announcement I thought that since it can drop at lower levels maybe I will get lucky... well after 9h (5chars) I quit the league. This league didn't appeal to me but I wanted to do the SSF with this sword, since bunch of crafting options opened up this league I thought it might of been fun.

I wasn't rushing I spread that 9h along 3 days, but enough was enough....

maybe that's part of ONI, and the sword just didn't see me as worthy...

still pretty cool concept. Might try again next league.

Edit: I just saw the post above and would like to add that Twilight Strand is my fav zone in the game so I actually enjoyed playing it over and over.... but it just took too long and I lost all hope
Last edited by AintCare on Mar 5, 2018, 8:40:21 PM
Hi guys , finally after 17 hours of farming i got my first sword and luckily after all this bad luck a perfect rolled one

good luck guys never give up

15 hours (3 chars 8 lvl = 5 hours each) and 2 swords in my pocket.
22 (played) hours later, 1 oni....
Well, today morning i was very lucky. First oni dropped at 13h of playing (8 lvl) and then after 40min the second dropped (also at lvl 8).

Two decent roolls:

And this is what i got after 14h of farming:

Last edited by Ventori on Mar 6, 2018, 2:08:19 AM
22 Hours total. 4 scions 8.40-8.50 all. No sword. :( my friends are on the maps already. With levels around 80. This drop probability should rise with exp.
Last edited by vayha on Mar 6, 2018, 2:35:13 AM
Well, I got 2 dropped, one at lvl 8.1 and another one at 8.3. Both are very bad rolled unfortunately. I also got a Tabula Rasa dropped while farming the sword.

Good luck to those still farming it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info